shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance for new diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Can someone please provide links or information regarding the best method for insuring a new diamond ring once an appraisal is completed? Please include information re: recommended insurance companies, if any. Many thanks ...
4.gif

Janis

Rough_Rock
Most people add jewelry on as a rider to their homeowners insurance (or personal property insurance in the case of renters).

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I use statefarm. Just call them and fax or mail a copy of the appraisal.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I use Farm Bureau, but I believe any insurance company (that insures more than just cars) can insure it for you. It''s very simple and very inexpensive. Well worth it though
28.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I went with Chubb. In my opinion, they are the best (and you do pay for it!)

Williiam Castro from Total Dollar is my agent. Do a search and you''ll find a couple of posts with his info. I don''t have it handy (sorry)

MellowCat

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2006 2:20:35 PM
Author:BrownEyes
Can someone please provide links or information regarding the best method for insuring a new diamond ring once an appraisal is completed? Please include information re: recommended insurance companies, if any. Many thanks ...
4.gif

I just went through this process myself. Chubb is highly recommended around here, but I had difficulty finding an agent that would cover my ring because I didn''t insure my home or car with them also. I finally found one that would, but the cost was quite prohibitive. Jewelers Mutual was my next choice, but in the end we chose State Farm because the price was reasonable and they will pay you cash (according to my agent). I should get the policy next week to read the fine print. If I spot any red flags, I may post here. In fact, it would be great if there was a dedicated area on this board regarding jewelry insurance along with reviews of the various companies and people''s experiences with them. It''s hard to find any good information from a policyholder''s standpoint "out there."

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Chubb all the way!!! It took me a long time and I got really frustrated trying to obtain it, but I''m happy now that I have it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results