shape
carat
color
clarity

Inspiration into reality, a pink tourmaline tale

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
So I've been in awe of everyone's artistic talents when drawing sketches of their rings etc. I had a really proud moment when I drew this and didn't think I could turn it into reality.

Lol I drew this in about 3 seconds on my phone but loved it so much. I thought I'd aim to one day make it into a diamond ring but that would be a long time in the making.
Screenshot_20200709-160503_Instagram.jpg

I stumbled across a gem dealer on Instagram that had this beautiful baby pink asscher cut and I loved it so much I bought it. Then shortly after realised maybe I could make an inexpensive colored stone ring! So he cut a marquise cut and made the ring for me in silver.

20201001_095334.jpg 20201001_095340_1.gif

It's so beautiful and my first pink gemstone so maybe I won't need this in a diamond after all lol they were cut from the same crystal so the colours matched better. I don't have the pic of the asscher beforehand but the marquise was cut from the long piece on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_20200720_080459_981.jpg
    IMG_20200720_080459_981.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty ring - and what a wonderful journey from design to reality - enjoy!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
That color is enchanting! And I love that this is your own design. Beautiful ring!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you for the courage to follow through and let your design instincts fly - and how cool to make something so straight from your imagination - it sounds like the whole thing was a "meant to be."

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Really pretty ring - and what a wonderful journey from design to reality - enjoy!

Aww thank you, I really love it. It's such a beautiful light pink colour. I should design more often lol.

Yes - this!

Thank you for seconding that!

That color is enchanting! And I love that this is your own design. Beautiful ring!

Oh it's hard to photograph how nice the pink is in different lighting. I just noticed that in the sun its much lighter almost peachy pink whereas indoors, you get a more purply pink colour. I think the guy fell off his chair when I sent him my inspiration pic and he had to politely compliment it hahaha.

Good for you for the courage to follow through and let your design instincts fly - and how cool to make something so straight from your imagination - it sounds like the whole thing was a "meant to be."

Thank you so much. I think from this experience, I am starting to love coloured gems so much more. I currently have my eye on a peridot and should design something as equally as cool as this. It really was meant to be - the asscher and marquise in theory are so different and I just love pairing them together.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
so pretty! i love the beautifully delicate pinky lavender! it looks so lovely on you! enjoy! may it bring you delight each time you look at it!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
so pretty! i love the beautifully delicate pinky lavender! it looks so lovely on you! enjoy! may it bring you delight each time you look at it!

I am really enjoying this ring. The silver feels so smooth. I guess it's nice having a plain band once in a while too! Thank you so much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results