shape
carat
color
clarity

Insight and Critique please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamanda

Rough_Rock
3Rocks found this for me in reply to an earlier post of mine:

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=575

Ideal everything except the color is M. (AGS 4.5 color grade) How bad is that for a well-cut diamond?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An M will very likely show some colour, I would make absolutely sure the recipient would welcome a diamond which might show a bit of warmth. An M colour isn't bad at all, in fact I love the warmer colour diamonds, but it is a personal preference matter.

Talk to Wink the vendor if you are interested as he will be able to advise, if you aren't sure then see if you can see some M colour of the same lab grade, cut quality and size in person, you could try Jareds as they stock AGS0 cut grade, I don't know how low they go for colour though but it would be worth asking if there is one near you.

Don't judge the colour by photos or computer monitors or videos to make a definite opinion, use these aids as a guide only as there are many conflicting factors with colour perception, preference and so on.

Its a gorgeous diamond, top notch cut and it will be stunning, if you think the colour grade will be pleasing to your GF then great but if you aren't sure then I would look at J colour or higher to be safe. Wink does have a return policy so you could take a look in person if you wished.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamonds with more tint often are more commonly sold in tropical and sub-tropical climates where the sun is very bright and where skin tones tend to be somewhat darker. Also, in these places, yellow gold is still more common in jewelry than here where white gold and platinum remain highly popular. There is NOTHING wrong about an M color so long you the person who wears it loves it.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/12/2009 3:13:55 PM
Author: oldminer
There is NOTHING wrong about an M color so long you the person who wears it loves it.

My Mom''s diamond is L/M color, I can''t remember exactly which, but she loves diamonds in the warmer hues... My fiance Valerie likes diamonds in the cooler range of D/E color, it''s really all a matter of personal preference.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/12/2009 3:13:55 PM
Author: oldminer
Diamonds with more tint often are more commonly sold in tropical and sub-tropical climates where the sun is very bright and where skin tones tend to be somewhat darker. Also, in these places, yellow gold is still more common in jewelry than here where white gold and platinum remain highly popular. There is NOTHING wrong about an M color so long you the person who wears it loves it.
Let me make the link to this lovely diamond clickable.

As promised the diamond does have a rich warm buttery color that is noticeable, but very lovable. To me it is all about the cutting, the color and clarity are also important, but not important if the diamond does not dance. (So long as you like dancing of course.)

If you are looking for a diamond that looks white, you will not be happy with this diamond. If you are looking for a diamond with personality, then you may well be extremely happy.

I believe this post is allowable since the diamond has been specifically asked about. If not the moderater will kindly remove it.

Wink

3Rocks

Shiny_Rock
Pls don''t tell my FI but I am highly curious about lower color diamond. Infinity cut is a gorgeous cut. I
30.gif
30.gif
it!!!
It doesn''t hurt just to bring it in to look at it.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/12/2009 5:09:42 PM
Author: 3Rocks
Pls don''t tell my FI but I am highly curious about lower color diamond. Infinity cut is a gorgeous cut. I
30.gif
30.gif
it!!!

It doesn''t hurt just to bring it in to look at it.

Not at all, that''s why there is a return policy
2.gif

diamanda

Rough_Rock
Wow that was a long thread but I enjoyed reading everyone's opinions. That O was definitely a sparkler...and I was against anything below an H but now I feel like I must see it in person.

EDIT: this was in response to Todd's link

The idealscope image is pink rather than a deep red. Is this just the image quality or is dark red = best?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2009 5:50:51 PM
Author: diamanda
Wow that was a long thread but I enjoyed reading everyone''s opinions. That O was definitely a sparkler...and I was against anything below an H but now I feel like I must see it in person.

EDIT: this was in response to Todd''s link

The idealscope image is pink rather than a deep red. Is this just the image quality or is dark red = best?
Its not a problem, its a great image.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results