shape
carat
color
clarity

info overload...cushion help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NolaGirl

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone-

I''m a newbie here and absolutely love this site and how involved everyone is.

I''m looking for a cushion cut diamond. The problem is that there is sooo much information out there and I am so overwhelmed. I looked at the video on the good old diamond website comparing the cushions (sidebar-I was pretty close to drooling on myself..) I love the 2nd diamond (rectangular, NOT the "crushed ice" appearing stone).

So if I am evaluating a diamond online, what information on the certificate would let me know if the stone has this "crushed ice" appearance that I don''t like? Is there a rule of thumb about table, measurements I should be aware of?

Like everyone else, I want to feel confident that I am buying a wonderful stone that will make me :)

Thanks!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about emailing GOG and asking for a stone like that one?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nola,
This thread might help you make sense of the plots, but the frustrating thing about cushions is that the plots on the certificates don''t always match the stones. Worse yet, they aren''t magic numbers like there are with round brilliants. If you like, you can post a picture of the type you like and we can help steer you towards the appropriate facet arrangement.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2008 11:08:00 PM
Author: pixley
Hi Nola,
This thread might help you make sense of the plots, but the frustrating thing about cushions is that the plots on the certificates don''t always match the stones. Worse yet, they aren''t magic numbers like there are with round brilliants. If you like, you can post a picture of the type you like and we can help steer you towards the appropriate facet arrangement.
Ditto Pix and Julie, best bet is to find a vendor you like and want to work with, tell them what you are looking for and let them guide you.

NolaGirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. And thanks for referring me to the cushion thread. I really liked the second cushion brilliant and the second cushion modified brilliant. I attached a picture that shows the L:W ratio I''m looking for (I hope I did it right). I emailed GOG about a stone. Are there any other jewelers that are worth contacting?

17-6.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 7:00:40 PM
Author: NolaGirl
Thanks for the suggestions. And thanks for referring me to the cushion thread. I really liked the second cushion brilliant and the second cushion modified brilliant. I attached a picture that shows the L:W ratio I''m looking for (I hope I did it right). I emailed GOG about a stone. Are there any other jewelers that are worth contacting?
Mark at Engagement Rings Direct.
He is known to locate some beauties.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results