shape
carat
color
clarity

Indented natural

slimb109

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've been a reader here for over a month but this will be my first post.

Recently I've been getting pretty specific about the diamond that I intend to buy. I've got my eye on one I am just worried about something on the report.

I'm looking at a 1.01 ct, SI1, G color, Very good cut. I think the diamond looks great on paper but I am worried about the size of the indented natural on the GIA plot. The inclusion is only visible from the bottom view which makes me think that it is on the pavilion (but I guess it could be on the girdle?). Do you think they will be able to place the setting over the indented natural to cover it up. I thought they might be able to but the more I look at the plot the bigger I think the inclusion is. Without having the diamond in hand what is your best guess on how much of an effect a casual observer will be able to see. I'm basically trying to figure out if I should buy the diamond (they have a return policy) if I don't like it but I would have to pay to ship it back. I've read that indented naturals often don't effect the structural integrity of the diamond and if I can hide this inclusion behind a prong then it seems like a great deal.

What do y'all think?

Link

http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-very-good-cut-g-color-si1-clarity_LD02634228#grid

slimb109

Rough_Rock
Anyone that has purchased a similar diamond would have invaluable advice as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results