shape
carat
color
clarity

Indecisiveness->.15 point eternity or oval three stone w/ sides

.15 point eternity or Oval 3 stone w/ pear sides?

• .15 pointer eternity

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • 2ct Oval w/1.06 ctw sides

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I found a 2.01 ct Oval bout 7x10.5mm (prefer longer l:w ration ovals) and have 1.06 ctw pears for sides
commision DK to start CADs. Then I started thinking and my mind went to endless diamond heaven. I started getting quotes from IDJ, Steven K, brilliantly engaged, etc for .10 and .15 point low set up u prong eternity .

now I don’t know what to do.
I can add to jewelry collection a three stone oval I don’t need or I can add an eternity band that would pair well with my 5 stone.

when I saw the first CAD from DK 1st reaction was excitement, then started thinking of alternate settings got frustrated and stopped.

would u guys mind sharing your thoughts and opinions please, help me decide. It’s not urgent just something I’m kicking around that I’m so torn on.

Attachments

• DK 91419-QUAD-2.jpeg
    DK 91419-QUAD-2.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 61

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to decide between two beautiful pieces of jewelry! The oval ring is beautiful but it almost sounds like you would get more wear out of the eternity. When you think about alternative settings for the oval, what would they be? A ring or something else? You have such a beautiful collection - hard to know what best to add!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to decide between two beautiful pieces of jewelry! The oval ring is beautiful but it almost sounds like you would get more wear out of the eternity. When you think about alternative settings for the oval, what would they be? A ring or something else? You have such a beautiful collection - hard to know what best to add!

Hey there @MissGotRocks ! You are so correct it's very hard. Cause I don't think I could go wrong with either choice. Was thinking of keeping three stone idea but with stones sett in thin bezels appearing extended from shank. Also bezels because the prongs don't agree with me.
Eternity would definitely work but might go down to .10 pointers cause would like a compliment to my 5 stone not a dominant piece though .15pointers would compliment it as well. I will probably have to think on it. I humbly Thank for complimenting my collection. It's a work in progress

I'm a sucker for a 3 stone!! So that gets my vote :)
Ha ha! Thanks

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
So do you already own both the oval and the pears? Or do you own the pears, and just saw an oval you like?

You said two things that caught my attention: you really don't need a(nother?) three stone, and the oval is not exactly your preferred ratio.

The three stone is gorgeous, but it sounds like you would get a lot of wear out of the eternity. I'm a practical person. If it were me, I would get the eternity band first. And hold the pears for a three stone at a later date, looking for an oval with the ratio you love best.

Just my 2 cents.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RMOO I prefer longer oval l:w and this oval is 1.52 which is why it caught my eye. I did purchase the oval and have 30 day window to return …you know those darn impulse buys8)

but you make a good point. Eternity in the low profile u prong setting I am considering would be a daily wear. problem is I’m so hard on my hands I’m afraid I would mess up the stone on inside of my palm grabbing something. Then I thought of a 3/4 eternity just hope it doesn’t spin, then that would bother me.

i have a smaller 18k yellow custom flower eternity band with 02point diamond in center of each flower only .35 ctw that Was just sent to production. not as blingy as .10 or .15pointers but should be pretty. Its 5mm wide so would pair with the 3 stone or my 5 stone. the design is mostly gold and with tiny diamonds not worried about banging it by mistake.

i asked for Amy to bezel the stone and nearly fell out of my chair when I away it. Very simple sleek design but the stones look very nice was thinking what I could do to give design some kick but maybe the 3 give it kick enough

DK 91419-QUAD-3.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RMOO I prefer longer oval l:w and this oval is 1.52 which is why it caught my eye. I did purchase the oval and have 30 day window to return …you know those darn impulse buys8)

but you make a good point. Eternity in the low profile u prong setting I am considering would be a daily wear. problem is I’m so hard on my hands I’m afraid I would mess up the stone on inside of my palm grabbing something. Then I thought of a 3/4 eternity just hope it doesn’t spin, then that would bother me.

i have a smaller 18k yellow custom flower eternity band with 02point diamond in center of each flower only .35 ctw that Was just sent to production. not as blingy as .10 or .15pointers but should be pretty. Its 5mm wide so would pair with the 3 stone or my 5 stone. the design is mostly gold and with tiny diamonds not worried about banging it by mistake.

i asked for Amy to bezel the stone and nearly fell out of my chair when I away it. Very simple sleek design but the stones look very nice was thinking what I could do to give design some kick but maybe the 3 give it kick enough

DK 91419-QUAD-3.jpeg

That is really pretty! How about milgraining the bezels to fancy it up a bit? I am not always a huge fan of it but maybe it would give it a kick? Or some tiny diamonds set around the bezels?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will wear the eternity all the time. I have had mine for almost ten years and not damaged it yet.

chere

Shiny_Rock
I love everything about your bezel design. Can you add an eternity band to your collection later if you got the 3 stone ring?

I was nervous about getting an eternity band after hearing about resizing issues and chipped stones. But it’s been easier to wear than I thought. I had sizing beads added so it doesn’t spin and I can wear the bottom in the same spot. I can get the sizing beads filed down or removed if my fingers change size.

I wear it daily on either my index or middle finger. Sometimes I stack it with my 5 stone ring. I love the versatility.

I’m taking my time searching for a 3 stone ring since it will be an occasional piece.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will wear the eternity all the time. I have had mine for almost ten years and not damaged it yet.

Really!! Wow! Mthats so reassuring!! May I ask what size the diamonds are and what style your eternity is?

Would u mind posting a photo of it?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about your bezel design. Can you add an eternity band to your collection later if you got the 3 stone ring?

I was nervous about getting an eternity band after hearing about resizing issues and chipped stones. But it’s been easier to wear than I thought. I had sizing beads added so it doesn’t spin and I can wear the bottom in the same spot. I can get the sizing beads filed down or removed if my fingers change size.

I wear it daily on either my index or middle finger. Sometimes I stack it with my 5 stone ring. I love the versatility.

I’m taking my time searching for a 3 stone ring since it will be an occasional piece.

Your are right a three stone is an occasional piece. I prefer a 3ct oval anyway so I probably should wait, until I find what I really want.

I probably wouldnt take the eternity off, I mean it would be functional daily wear piece.

Would u mind sharing photos and specs of your eternity on your hand?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just that sentence sounds like you're leaning towards the eternity to me.

Yes! I'm leaning do hard Im about to fall right into an eternity! Lol!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really pretty! How about milgraining the bezels to fancy it up a bit? I am not always a huge fan of it but maybe it would give it a kick? Or some tiny diamonds set around the bezels?

Thanks for the suggestions, i am currently revisiting this and discussing some possibilities of what can be done, not sure I want tiny melee halo but we will see!!!

chere

Shiny_Rock
Your are right a three stone is an occasional piece. I prefer a 3ct oval anyway so I probably should wait, until I find what I really want.

I probably wouldnt take the eternity off, I mean it would be functional daily wear piece.

Would u mind sharing photos and specs of your eternity on your hand?

I would keep searching for that 3ct oval. It's out there.

I got my eternity band from Blue Nile on Black Friday. It's a 3ctw emerald cut. My index finger is a size 6. The stones are 3.2mm long. About the same width as a 15 point round stone.

My 5 stone has 40 point stones.

Eternity 1.jpg

Eternity 2.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep searching for that 3ct oval. It's out there.

I got my eternity band from Blue Nile on Black Friday. It's a 3ctw emerald cut. My index finger is a size 6. The stones are 3.2mm long. About the same width as a 15 point round stone.

My 5 stone has 40 point stones.

Eternity 1.jpg

Eternity 2.jpg

Your eternity is Gorgeous!!!!!!:kiss2:

it looks break on its own and paired!! just beautiful!

thank you so much for sharing!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone who voteed to help me with my indecisiveness

Just received my .15 point 3/4 eternity from IDJ....it has tiny hearts and arrows and so darn bright!! I love it!!

I think it's just enough bling paired with my 5 stone.
Thanks PS!!

20230605_093126.jpg 20230605_093014.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really pretty - I think you made a great choice!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone who voteed to help me with my indecisiveness

Just received my .15 point 3/4 eternity from IDJ....it has tiny hearts and arrows and so darn bright!! I love it!!

I think it's just enough bling paired with my 5 stone.
Thanks PS!!

20230605_093126.jpg 20230605_093014.jpg

I love this! The 5 stone is absolutely stunning!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really pretty - I think you made a great choice!
Thank you @MissGotRocks !! Thank God for 30day returns. I purchased the 2ct oval as soon as I opened the box I knew it would provided the finger coverage i was looking for. But this eternity band with my 5 stone is perfect bling combo for me=)2

Looks beautiful!

Thank you so much @tyty333 !!! Your idj 7 stone is gorgeous!! I kept referring back to your thread which was so helpful!!

I love this! The 5 stone is absolutely stunning!

Hi @Sparkledrops !! Thanks a million! Took me a while to get to this 5 stone. I played tennis with 3 stone, 5 stones, and 7 stones before I could get it right lol! =)2

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @MissGotRocks !! Thank God for 30day returns. I purchased the 2ct oval as soon as I opened the box I knew it would provided the finger coverage i was looking for. But this eternity band with my 5 stone is perfect bling combo for me=)2

Thank you so much @tyty333 !!! Your idj 7 stone is gorgeous!! I kept referring back to your thread which was so helpful!!

Hi @Sparkledrops !! Thanks a million! Took me a while to get to this 5 stone. I played tennis with 3 stone, 5 stones, and 7 stones before I could get it right lol! =)2

Well, you did great! Do you have a thread on the 5 stone?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Dammit, how did I miss this?! I love your eternity but someday please make the three stone, I LOVE both iterations of that:love:
You have all the things!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results