shape
carat
color
clarity

Increased opportunities to dress up and wear blings!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently joined the local branch of an international charitable organisation as I liked what they were doing for the local community, and would like to contribute and be part of it.

The organisation also has a very active social scene, not so much in my local branch due to aging members (I am one of the younger ones at late 50s!), however, there are lots of social events in the neighbouring branches and at national level.

I do not enough members outside my local branch to go to these events yet, as I am still a newbie having only joined in late October 2021.

Hopefully, I shall get to know members of other branches soon enough to be able to take the plunge and go to some of these events.

Blings and accessories wise I should be fine, however, I now worry I may not have enough evening clothes! Very First World, sorry!

If anyone could point me in the right direction for some plus size floaty evening tunics and jackets, then I would be very grateful.

Happy to import from abroad into UK.

Thanks in advance.

DK :))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like fun! Too bad you are not in the US. I get all my dress up stuff very inexpensive at Nordstrom rack.

I'd found some great stuff at Debenhams in London back when I was plus sized. Can't remember the specific brands I purchased from, but they were not very expensive and very flattering. I wore a UK18-20 at that time, for reference.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you DK
Have fun making new friends

Nothing really nice in my 3 wardrobes fit nice so im no help

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally - the first black tie event is happening later this month, and I shall wear long (top + long skirt) with full war paint, nails and all.

Most likely to be pearls around my neck, the paved diamond disco ball drops for earrings, and one of the nicer cocktail rings on my left hand, most likely to be either the Rubellite flower ring or the new Aqua and Morganite ring.

Can't wait!

Better check to make sure my makeups as in the foundation and powder are still OK as I have not used them for over 3 years!

DK :lol-2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Etsy I found a store called Braxae and she has the most gorgeous over the top vintage items.
stunning. I’ve bought a few tops.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
tomorrow is rubbish day so i will be leaving the actual house to walk down the drive to the street
it will be Wednesday we wear pink day

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those new rings are going to be useful DK! Sounds like fun! Take a pic of the earrings for me if you can! They sound awesome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results