shape
carat
color
clarity

Incorporating a sentimental diamond into engagement ring setting (that is *not* the center stone)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you wanted it more flashy you could also add a halo
BAC11805-E1A1-4D54-8019-31DC7BA5A025.jpeg

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, DK. The ID bracelet idea is very sweet, and it wouldn’t have occurred to me. I will do some googling to see if anything catches my eye!

I am a huge fan of charm bracelets, as was my mom. I hesitate to start my own because I am inheriting both of hers, along with the couple dozen loose vintage and custom charms she couldn’t fit on the bracelets. (My dad has a bit of a 1stdibs addiction, so she wound up with at least 2-3 new charms a year.) The bracelets won’t be passed onto me in the immediate future, though, as I clearly can’t be trusted with jewelry after losing those 2 baguette studs (and then some...).

I’ve attached a few (admittedly terrible) photos of her bracelets, as I’m feeling a little self-indulgent tonight. The larger one originally belonged to my grandmother, but there’s a mix of mom’s and grandma’s charms on there.

Anyway, I really appreciate all the ideas and your thoughtful reply! I’ll have to think on it — I’ve got a coffee table book dedicated to charms that I’ll flip through for some inspiration. In the meantime, if you have any recommendations for someone who makes great (ideally old school) custom charms, I’m all ears!

Thanks again for humoring me and this eulogy of a thread!

67B340E9-E877-4675-BE6A-7884A924DC28.jpeg
584B139E-BB6D-46F7-B3A9-46F2CE9D16C2.jpeg 6F1C0217-112F-4DF2-A1CA-9EB8B7A444E0.jpeg

I hope it's alright that I'm linking her posts, but Mrs. B has some lovely charms on her bracelets. I believe at least some were made by David Klass.

Good look with your project. It's a lovely sentiment. Please keep us updated. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results