shape
carat
color
clarity

in the waiting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kooki

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody im new here and just been lurking around for a few days. this is a very helpful forum lots of nice and knowledgeable people around. btw my bf and i have been ering shopping he wanted us to get a solitare cut which we both love. so we went to a store and the sales associate showed us different size of the stone and the price etc. we decided on a certain one but before she could have requested for it to be transfered it was already sold. i think that might be the "one" so we asked her to check in their inventory to see if another one might come up. she has also emailed the head office to see if they will accept a custom order and if it would be for the same price we saw it at. im hoping they would say yes or another one becomes available. sorry if this is long im just anxious on their decision and hopefully i hear from them soon.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Welcome - do you have pics or something to tie us over until then
2.gif

Feel free to post specs and numbers and we can give you advice on what type of quality the stone is and what a reasonable price would be.
Good luck!!!

kooki

Rough_Rock
Good morning and thanks for the replies, gary and honey22. i actually dont have a picture of it and dont have the exact specs because the one i wanted to see was sold =( but once they give me a call they have it that would be the first thing i would do to post it here and get comments on what you guys think. i''ve left a voicemail to the sales rep yesterday but no call back yet =( I''ll call back again today. i really hope to hear from them soon.

kooki

Rough_Rock
hello i have an update so they dont have the specific size of the stone i wanted but they have a .02 lesser stone and its 150 cheaper. The stone size i wanted was a .79 but they have a .77 instead. I didnt get the specks yet but should i just opt for the .77 instead need sudgestions pls thanks in advance.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
In order to help you we need a bit more info. Are you looking at a round stone? What is the price for that size? Does that include setting? What type of metal? Do you have at least the colour and clarity of the stone.

If we have the colour and clarity of the stone, we can give you an idea of what a well cut stone should cost you. You need to keep in mind that cut is king, how well the stone is cut will decide how sparkly the diamond looks and will also determine it''s cost. A really well cut stone can be considerably more expensive that a poorly cut stone. Some may see this as savings but you want a well cut sparkly stone rather than a dead lifeless piece of glass right?

I would suggest you don''t actually purchase anything yet until you have more info, we want to make sure you are getting a good quality diamond and not overspending.

Just to give you a rough example. My ering stone is an ACA from Whiteflash (branded ideal cut stones, just gorgeous). It''s a 0.8ct D VS2 and cost roughly $4500 for the stone about 6 months ago. You would expect to pay much less for a G colour for example, you can save over thousands by dropping colour and clarity and still get the same size. It all depends on colour and clarity.

Come back with a few more details and we will see how you are going. Good luck!!
36.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
kooki, welcome to ps. It is impossible to say without more information. What shape of stone are you looking at?
I would suggest that you read the tutorials under the knowledge button at the top of the page to get yourself educated before making a purchase. There will be many many more diamonds in that size range, so don''t worry if you ''miss'' one. Another will be along!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 5:42:56 PM
Author: honey22
In order to help you we need a bit more info. Are you looking at a round stone? What is the price for that size? Does that include setting? What type of metal? Do you have at least the colour and clarity of the stone.

If we have the colour and clarity of the stone, we can give you an idea of what a well cut stone should cost you. You need to keep in mind that cut is king, how well the stone is cut will decide how sparkly the diamond looks and will also determine it''s cost. A really well cut stone can be considerably more expensive that a poorly cut stone. Some may see this as savings but you want a well cut sparkly stone rather than a dead lifeless piece of glass right?

I would suggest you don''t actually purchase anything yet until you have more info, we want to make sure you are getting a good quality diamond and not overspending.

Just to give you a rough example. My ering stone is an ACA from Whiteflash (branded ideal cut stones, just gorgeous). It''s a 0.8ct D VS2 and cost roughly $4500 for the stone about 6 months ago. You would expect to pay much less for a G colour for example, you can save over thousands by dropping colour and clarity and still get the same size. It all depends on colour and clarity.

Come back with a few more details and we will see how you are going. Good luck!!
36.gif
Posting at the same time! Great minds...! :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 5:46:58 PM
Author: :)
Date: 10/9/2008 5:42:56 PM

Author: honey22

36.gif
Posting at the same time! Great minds...! :)

2.gif
35.gif

kooki

Rough_Rock
hello everybody so i spoke to the friendly sales rep (i just love her for being patient with me) over the phone and i decided to go a bit higher on the size so it would be a .87 I VS2 its 6.1x6.1mm ex cut and polish very good in symmetry, no fluorescent. those are the only specs I got i wasn''t sure what else to ask but will that be enough to know if this would be a good stone. oh yeah honey22 its a solitaire with a six prong knife edge setting. Thanks in advance!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kooki, tell us what is the shape of the stone you are looking for.

If it is a round, get us table, depth, crown and pavilion angle. Other shapes it will be better if an ASET was provided.

Ask for the Cert lab and number at least. The numbers you give us is essentially useless except for the dimension of the stone... :p

kooki

Rough_Rock
hello so I have additional specs I hope this helps. its a round solitare .87 I color VS2, 55% table size, 62.2 total depth, 15.6 crown height and 40.8 pavillion angle. and its ex in cut,polish,symmetry which i double checked cuz at first the symmetry was very good so she said its ex. pls let me know what you guys think thanks. Happy friday also.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers check out excellent on the HCA. Any idea which lab is the cert from? Online price for you stone for a GIA certified stone is probably around 3500++, none exactly matches your stat, so that is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results