shape
carat
color
clarity

Impatient L-I-W!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I am a short-time lurker but long-time L-I-W. My SO and I have been together for over 6.5 years and have finally decided it is the right time to get the ball rolling on getting engaged. I am a 3rd year grad student in a PhD program and SO got a job in my city about 1.5 years ago. We''ve been in nesting mode but now we''re settled and ready to move on to the next step. We started looking at rings about a month ago, but we''ll probably get engaged this summer. We''ve both agreed on the Tiffany Novo, but the problem has been getting a ring within our specs and budget. As strange as it sounds, there is just nothing available right now. Our Tiffany SA said that Novos in larger carat sizes (we are aiming for 2 cts) are harder to come by in the system and the ones available have very high clarity (VVS1) so it drives up the price. We are even 3rd on the waiting list to see the ones available! Since we are not getting engaged until the summer, we have a lot of time to wait for the right ring to come along, but it has been totally excruciating for me! I am normally pretty patient about things but getting engaged and having my dream ring has made me a little crazy! It is nice to see a supportive community exists for the state-of-mind I am in! I look forward to being more active on this forum!
1.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome from another lab rat PhD! I must say you have great taste in rings, I loooooove the Novo. When we went and looked at rings I could hardly take that one off. If you are not set on the Tiffany name, might be worth looking into some of the companies which can make very close replicas of it, might let you stretch the budget further and enable you to get things done faster. If you are set on Tiffany, I hope your wait goes quickly!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hi LabratPhd
35.gif
that is such a lovely choice
30.gif
. Just think that when your SA calls you back you''ll have a bunch to choose from. Hang in there and really take your time in choosing the right one. My SO and I looked at the classic 6 prong setting and it gets very exciting. So im excited for you and try to call your SA to check up on the status if they have gotten any in. Hopefully it will be real soon and I''m sure it will be.
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Glad you''ve joined PS!

Can''t wait to see your ring!!!
36.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Hi Steph! My SO had to pry the Novo off my finger the last time we went to Tiffany! We are going with Tiffany because the Novo will actually be an upgrade. Long story short, SO bought a 0.5 ct solitaire in the classic Tiffany setting about 3.5 years ago, when he was still in law school. He never felt like it was the right time to propose (I decided to go halfway across the country for my PhD, he ended up getting job at a law firm on the east coast which caused a lot of tension). I think it was hard to think about getting engaged when we were so far apart. A year and a half ago, we got so lucky because his law firm opened an office in my city and he was able to transfer down. He didn''t even have to look for a new job! Now that we are serious about getting engaged, SO told me about the original Tiffany ring. I would be happy with that ring, but he really wants to upgrade (big-time). He has the financial means to do so, and the new ring will symbolize the fact that we finally made it. I have no plans of upgrading my official engagement ring, for sentimental purposes, so this ring (the Novo) will be THE ring. Plus, I do not want to go higher than 2 cts since I have very small hands (a 3.5-3.75 ring finger). So now we just have to wait for THE ring. As annoying as it is, I think it will be the right decision in the end!
5.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support everyone! I am excited to be here!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome to PS!
35.gif
After 6.5 years, I''d hardly call you impatient!
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie, THIS IS AWESOME. You are waiting on the VENDOR not your SO. Really this is just awesome. It will happen. SOON... you are entitled to be impatient because both you and your man are ready... but a 3rd party isn''t. Plus it always seems like the market gets flooded in the spring. Best wishes, and I cannot wait to hear your story! Congrats!
36.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the sweet comments! I appreciate it
1.gif

tlh - Our Tiffany SA said with Valentine''s Day being around the corner, the availability may increase (supplying the demand) or decrease...perhaps due to the economy, it has decreased this year
8.gif

I am thrilled that SO is on board and we''ll finally be engaged soon!

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!! 6.5 is a long time!!! Hopefully we''ll see a ring soon....
1.gif

Salix

Rough_Rock
I am so happy for you! The novo is beeeyoooootiful. I can''t wait to see hand pics.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Hey, welcome from a third labrat PhD! :) The Novo is absolutely scrumptious!! We went for something a little easier on our budget (no lawyers in the family just yet, lol), but truly, the Novo makes my heart skip a beat. Congratulations on your imminent engagement, too...like tlh said, how great is it to be waiting for the vendor and not the guy?!
2.gif
Keep us posted, lady. :)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
welcome!!!
Glad you came aboard!! :)

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
When I read the thread title, the first thing I thought of was, "is there such a thing as an LIW who ISN''T impatient?" If I had more patience, I wouldn''t need this forum.

Anyway, congratulations on getting your engagement in motion-may your wait be short and at least bearable!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results