shape
carat
color
clarity

IMO, these days are easier on introverts

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've noticed extroverted neighbors outside a lot and socializing heavily (and loudly letting off steam) more than ever before, often without masks. :((

Funny, I've never experienced the need to "let off steam".

I'm fine staying home, away from people.
Mostly staying away from people is what I've always preferred, long before the pandemic.

Happily, at least now it's easier than ever to decline invitations. :dance:

Last edited:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I've noticed extroverted neighbors outside a lot and socializing heavily (and loudly letting off steam) more than ever before, often without masks. :((

Funny, I've never experienced the need to "let off steam".

I'm fine staying home, away from people.
Mostly staying away from people is what I've always preferred, long before the pandemic.

Happily, at least now it's easier than ever to decline invitations. :dance:

I’m happily staying at home as well.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am content. I do miss seeing my family and my friends. I am an introvert (albeit an extroverted introvert) but this is a little too much for me.

I miss my parents and my sister and my nieces first and foremost. I miss my friends. I am very fortunate that my friends are wonderful people and true friends. I am also very fortunate that I speak to them often via phone so in that way life isn't too different.

I am content and at peace for now. I have my DH who is and always has been my partner in crime so to speak and in that way life is good. We enjoy being together and doing things together and we enjoy each other's company. He is truly my very best friend. In that way we are rich beyond material riches. What more do we need at this moment. We sustain and support each other through challenging times.

I do look forward to the day we can visit people and have them visit us and hug. I miss hugging my loved ones.

I agree this is much harder on extroverts. My DH is an extrovert and he is itching to make plans with friends and family. He really misses my parents as much (maybe more?) than I do! So I feel for him and I know he is a second away from scheduling something with our friends and it is only my cautious nature preventing us from doing that. I am OK to have my parents over in the backyard social distancing and I was OK to have a friend over in our backyard social distancing the other week. But I draw the line at anything more right now.

Knowing that indeed, one day, we will be past this and we will be able to hug and rejoice with loved ones. Knowing that makes this much more bearable. We will get through this and there will be brighter days ahead.

dontdimthelight.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree... and I think we've seen several COVID threads on PS where self-identified introverts say they like the extra reason to stay home and avoid people. I am in this category myself. Although I also identify with those who have others at home (kids, family, etc) and find the extra noise & caretaking draining (I do). To that I will also add that those of us who live in apartment or condo buildings also get to 'enjoy' the additional noise of our neighbors who are also home all day. Most of mine are quiet and respectful but one family in particular is not... lol

BTW, it's nice to have a moment where introverts can shine... the corporate world in my experience seems to prize / reward extroversion, so I'm totally loving that working from home works for me! lol

Anne

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who frequent forums online tend to be introverts. I'm an introvert but I can play extrovert when we have people over. My husband is a manic, people-oriented person and I and my children, introverts all, have had to squash many of his plans as unsafe at any speed. But I simply don't need other people (except my family) in order to be happy.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure people aren't keeping track (I hope), but I'm an introvert and I keep cycling between being comfortable and calm and then outright panicking and being deeply anxious. I really lost it when my DH had to go to the US then over to Europe for a week. As it turns out, his covid test afterward has come up negative, so that's a relief. Introverts may have found it easier to adjust, but we're not all fine. I like my life an uncomplicated as possible, and even that isn't easy to do but now, all bets are off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like my life an uncomplicated as possible, and even that isn't easy to do but now, all bets are off.

Same. And ditto. Life is not easy for most people right now IMO. And living with the uncertainty is a double whammy. Nothing is easy anymore not even running to the grocery store.

But we will persevere and we will get through this. One day, one hour at a time.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I am normally an extrovert, I am kind of a Jekyll and Hyde character, in that on one hand I like to be out and about to mix with people; however I am equally at ease with being on my own with just my pets for company.

Hence I am coping quite well being on my own during lockdown.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... however I am equally at ease with being on my own with just my pets for company. ...

Oh, that just means you're a ... petrovert.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results