carat
color
clarity

Imminent Pandemic Purchase - advice requested

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello PSers!

I'm looking to upgrade my current 2.4ctw studs (you may find them in the preloved section at some point) to using one stone on my ering which is 1.91ct (8.07 x 8.04 in diameter according to the GIA report) and finding a matching stone.

I'm thinking of pairing it with a couple contenders.
1. one is a 1.84ct stone that is 7.84 x 7.86 (closer in ct weight)
2. the other is 2.01ct and is 8.04 x 8.07 (an exact size match)

There is a $1200 difference between the two stones and since these are on my ears I'm wondering if the size difference would be noticeable or even would bother me.

They are both ACAs, both have the same color and clarity.

Is this size difference even that big???? I guess that's my main question.

Thanks in advance

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on upgrading! I did something similar (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-not-so-perfect-pair….249305/) and the diamond I went with as a match faces up 3% smaller than my original e-ring diamond. The size difference is hardly noticeable when they are side by side and not noticeable at all when worn. Per diamdb.com, the 1.84ct diamond faces up 5% smaller. Can you order it to see them together and return or exchange for the 2.01ct? Or wait to see if something else comes available soon? Would be nice to avoid the price bump of hitting the 2ct mark.

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you Kaycee2018. I must have missed that thread as motherhood has demanded my attention elsewhere. I love your project (I have 3prong martinis too) and your new ring is to die for!

You raised several good points. I will have a talk with WF to see if they can send me a pic of the two stones side by side. I was a little worried about color as these stones are 2 colors lower than my I color ering but I do have J and K studs right now and the color is not noticeable.

Hopefully I'll make a decision this week and have new puppies on my ears soon!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This link will show you the size difference on a size 6 1/2 finger. Doesnt look like much to me especially with a head between
the two.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this size difference even that big???? I guess that's my main question.
IMO, Yes!. I'd want my earrings to match in diameter as close as possible.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I too am OCD in that respect. If you are not, consider yourself lucky and enjoy them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results