shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm going naked!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re both fully vaccinated, but will continue to wear masks inside even after we’re told it’s no longer necessary.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I would love to throw the masks away and stop wearing them I think it is too soon.
All our hard work over the past year plus and now just like that government officials think OK we're done. No more masking? I hope NY and NJ don't throw away the mask mandate just yet. We aren't quite there yet. I hope people will use their common sense and mask where it is crowded and inside stores, doctor offices, mass transit, etc. for now. It is too soon.

1. Vaccines are not 100% effective
2. We have not reached herd immunity
3. We need to protect those who cannot get vaccinated due to their compromised immune status
4. There are variants to which we do not yet have vaccines
5. For how long is the vaccine effective? When are booster vaccines going to be available?

I am concerned we will see an upswing in Covid cases with the elimination of mask mandates.
We have come a long way true. But we still have some distance to go IMO.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re both fully vaccinated, but will continue to wear masks inside even after we’re told it’s no longer necessary.

+1 ... but we'll wear masks outside when near others, especially lots of others.

Why?
Because there are new virus variants that the current vaccines were not developed to protect us from.

I think the US government just wants to jump start the economy and make everyone all happy again and make themselves look good, while they are actually carelessly gambling with our lives and America's future.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re not intending to be near lots of people outside, and when we do go out for walks, we cross over and give other people and wide berth. There’s already been talk here (UK) of a booster vaccine being available in September.

The new variant is causing problems in some areas, to the extent that younger people are being vaccinated in an attempt to try and keep it at a manageable level.

I did read @missy that the USA will never achieve herd immunity, because there are just too many people who won’t be vaccinated.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
In the last month or so, I have had close to thirty members of my family and friends catch COVID, seventeen of who were fully vaccinated (the rest caught it from those seventeen). Three of them passed away. Yes the vaccinated ones had it less severely than the unvaccinated, but six of the vaccinated ones were quite severely affected and needed to get O2.

It’s been absolute hell and it all started because a couple of the vaccinated lot decided to hang out maskless with friends.

Please, please be safe. This is a virus. Mutating is part of the package. Vaccines ARE effective, but only at reducing risk, not eliminating it. Absolutely get vaccinated - according to the docs every single person who got vaccinated got saved by the vaccine, especially the ones who were vulnerable and ended up developing worse symptoms; and some of the vaccinated were asymptomatic (only discovered through tests) but that doesn’t mean that they didn’t catch it, or more importantly, give it to others!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your family members!

I will continue to mask up and will encourage my family members to do the same. I just discussed the vaccination misconceptions with my nurse friend yesterday. Many coming into her clinic are under the misconception that they are 100% protected :/

My older kids are eligible to get the vaccine in the next few weeks, but I think it will be months before my youngest is eligible. We will have to continue to be vigilant for myriad reasons.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve always assumed the US wouldn’t reach herd immunity via vaccination, but if the unvaccinated drop all precautions I guess we might get there via virus spread+vaccination, sigh.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And it really sucks for those of us with kids that are not yet eligible to be vaccinated as now I have to really second guess taking him anywhere. I think this was extremely premature and I fear we will pay a price for it by the time school starts again.
This is my main concern as well. At best, my 2 Littles won't get vaccinated until fall. In the meanwhile now there will be unmasked vaccinated / unvaccinated people everywhere.

I get that CDC has to look like they're following the science, but what I don't have is faith in people to use common sense based on what I've seen during this pandemic. They'll hear what they want to hear and do what they want to do with little regards to others.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How will anyone be able to differentiate who has been vaccinated and who hasn't? Do we all wear our vaccination cards on our shirts like name tags in kindergarten?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear anything outside, but do carry a mask in case Im around a lot of people. Inside, I mask up. I'll be masking up the rest of the year when it comes to indoors. I don't care what others do, I can't control them, but I can control me and mine.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the US government just wants to jump start the economy and make everyone all happy again and make themselves look good, while they are actually carelessly gambling with our lives and America's future.
Kenny that's up to you. You can chose to be a hermit and stay home for the rest of your life. There are no law against that.

Jaquette

Rough_Rock
I'm going out with the just the mask on. But not on my face :eek2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
COVID numbers are going to go back up.

The unvaccinated will NOT advertise that they're unvaccinated by wearing a mask. So everyone will go maskless, vaccinated and unvaccinated.
deleted

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 5.08.15 PM.png

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I think this no mask return to normal is going to backfire, there's no way to limit or enforce for people who haven't been vaccinated, so they will also just take their mask off. Also, the way they communicated it at least at the state level does not limit no mask to just vacxinated people, it is no longer required of anyone. It is too soon.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear anything outside, but do carry a mask in case Im around a lot of people. Inside, I mask up. I'll be masking up the rest of the year when it comes to indoors. I don't care what others do, I can't control them, but I can control me and mine.

Agreed - except I can really only control me, not even mine!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very nervous too. My family and I are still going to wear masks. There are way too many people here in Brooklyn. I saw plenty of people outside today with no masks, and I know only 32% of the population here have been vaccinated.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In NC they have lifted the mask mandate, however I work for military and they still require it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed - except I can really only control me, not even mine!

LOL mine consists a man and 2 dogs. The dogs are negligible, with snouts too long for a mask anyway the man is controllable...he's going to continue to mask up indoors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results