shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m Engaged! Take me off the list!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend proposed to me Saturday around lunch time!! I would have posted sooner, but we''ve been super-busy celebrating with friends (taking advantage of the long holiday weekend)!

I''ll try to make this long story short, but no guarantees!

For the past week (since he purchased the ring), I''ve wanted to go down to the TN River and walk along the Riverwalk by one of our favorite restaurants. It is also an area we spend a lot of time at during college football season as we attend all of the UT Vols home games! Anyway, each time we have attempted to go down there they are always incredibly busy and we can''t even find a parking spot, so we thought we would try (for the 3rd time) on Saturday morning, go for a walk and then eat lunch at the restaurant. Well, it didn''t work out, they were packed and there were no parking spots due to the impending Boomsday event (huge fireworks celebration for Labor Day). So instead he took me for a walk along part of the UT greenway and then we went to the UT botanical gardens to sit and relax. There was a beautiful spot in the gardens that we were sitting in (on a lovely bench), but my hands were so swollen from walking around and the heat (almost 90 degrees) that I happend to make a comment about them looking like sausages. There was a family behind us getting their pictures taken professionally, so we kept hearing all of the photographer''s directions to them and it was a little annoying, so we decided to leave and go back to the Riverwalk area and try down there again. We finally found a parking spot and were able to find a bench in the shade along the walkway. We sat there talking about our plans for the rest of the day and at 2 different occasions, he inquired about how my hands were doing (which I thought was a little wierd, but not abnormally). The second time he asked I said that I think I was going to live and they were feeling better, so he turned to me and said, "Well, in that case... will you marry me?" and produced the ring from his pocket! I said, "of course" and took the ring from him, but then I handed it back and told him he had to put it on me and he laughed. He told me that a proposal in the gardens would have been more romantic, but he was afraid the ring wouldn''t have fit and he wanted to see it on my hand! We then walked back to the restaurant and had a cold drink to celebrate!

His proposal was perfect and fit our style just right, not to mention that is a spot that we will always remember and visit on a regular basis! I love him very much and am incredibly excited 2BMrs.D!

Ring:
14kt WG
15 channel set princess cut diamonds
.50 tcw
Color: G to H
Clarity: SI1

(I''ve never posted pics before, so bear with me please)...

2BMrsD1.jpg

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock

2BMrsD2.jpg

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock

2BMrsD3.jpg

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock

2BMrsD4.jpg

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock

2BMrsD5.jpg

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! What a cute story and a GORGEOUS ring!! Very unique. Many years of happiness to you both!! :)

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock
Thanks ILE!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!
emlove.gif

LS

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a sweet proposal too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!

debzy103

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Congratulations!!!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif
36.gif

Beautiful ring! I love the unusual design.
30.gif
30.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you and your fiance!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring :)

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you and your FI!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagenment!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! So exciting!!
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
congrats! can you tell me more about your ring style? it looks soooo great!

what a wonderful story too!!! :)

mb418

Shiny_Rock
congratulations! The e-ring is very unique!!
1.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!! what a sweet little story!! i''ve never thought about it, but heat could definitely put the brakes on a romantic outdoor proposal! congratulations, again!! every happiness to both of you!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and story! Congratulations!
36.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
YAAY CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Such a cool ring, too!
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Congrats 2BMrs.D! I adore the idea of a band ering
36.gif
36.gif

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their congrats!!! We are incredibly happy and have been celebrating with our families!

I absolutely fell in love with this ring when I saw it, the square shank makes it very interesting and I love that the diamonds "wrap around", but are not a full eternity (I would be scared of losing some of them!). The squared off top showcases the diamonds better than most typical bands, which means more SPARKLES!!!
2.gif

Most of the square shanks that I''ve seen in the past are square on the bottom to help reduce the "spin factor", but are rounded on top! It''s actaully a custom setting (we didn''t design it, but it would have to be requested for them to make another one). The jeweler told me that in the future if I decided I want a plain matching band or even a matching solitaire setting they can make it for me! FI liked the square shank so much he wants one for his WB too (sans diamonds)!

Thanks again for all of your responses!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results