shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m dying to know!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a face-to-face job interview on Monday for a publishing sales rep position and I really want to know if I made it to the next round. The hiring manager said he''d be in touch "later this week," but I haven''t heard anything and I''m DYING from anticipation (or neurosis).

Bia

Ideal_Rock
At least you got that first interview out of the way! (I''m sure you''re going to get called back in for another, don''t worry too much).

I got called for an interview next week and I''m dying at just the thought of interviewing again - it''s been so long.

Good luck HH. Lot''s of *get-that-job-dust* to you!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No doubt you rocked that interview out, but I''ll send out some "Tell HH the good news fast!" dust ASAP.
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL thanks ladies. The job is sort of a fluke. I was randomly approached by a recruiter who must have pulled my resume off of Monster or somewhere. I wasn't actively looking for a new job, but up until my current job I've always worked in publishing and I was trying to get into sales. So I figured if I get it, great. If I don't, oh well, I wasn't looking anyway. But you know, as you interview you get invested. Inow really want the job. LOL.

In all I've had three interviews so far. One with on the phone with the recruiter, one on the phone with the hiring manager and this face to face one with the hiring manager and his colleague. There may be another round of face to face interviews if they have multiple finalists or just a phone interview with the National Sales Manager if there's one stand out person. The interview on Monday was somewhat strange, a format I've never encountered. Basically, other than asking me if I wanted to discuss/highlight anything on my resume before starting the interview, they expected me to interview them. I was so glad I brought questions!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Oh H_H!!! I am sending you dust!!! I think you probably made a great impression and you''ll be called back!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
DUST! Hope you get it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH, I hope you get it. Sending lots of (((((DUST))))) your way. Good luck!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck! Hope you hear soon!!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, so exciting, HH!!!

I''m assuming the hiring manager will be reaching out to you directly and not go through the recruiter? I''m sure she will contact you directly, I''m just trying to find an excuse for you to call somebody to get an update :) I hate the waiting period, even if it''s just a few days!

Wishing you tons and tons of luck!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 7:42:23 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Oooo, so exciting, HH!!!

I''m assuming the hiring manager will be reaching out to you directly and not go through the recruiter? I''m sure she will contact you directly, I''m just trying to find an excuse for you to call somebody to get an update :) I hate the waiting period, even if it''s just a few days!

Wishing you tons and tons of luck!

LOL I''m one step ahead of you NEL. I Bcc''d the recruiter on the thank you note I sent the HM on Monday. I emailed him (the recruiter) today to confirm that he got the email because I was having email problems and wasn''t sure it went through. He said yes and not to worry about not having heard anything from the HM because they had two days of interviews and then had to decompress and make their decision.

Don''t these people realize that their applicants are dying of suspense??

Oh, on another note, a month ago after surviving a round of layoffs, I randomly applied for a Project Manager position with a nonprofit. I had an interview today and I think it went really well. So who knows!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, HH!!!!! I hope you get the 2nd interview!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck and lots of hiring dust headed your way! Waiting is the worst...I try to just pretend like I didn''t have an interview and I don''t even care if I get the job or not!
3.gif
It sometimes works for me, actually!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey guys. Well, I didn''t get the position.What happened was this: I was apparently being considered alongside someone who used to be in this position. She left the company a few years ago to start a family and sort of came out of the woodwork and applied. They gave her the position because she''d worked the territory before. But apparently they liked me so much that they told the recruiters that they needed to keep actively looking for a spot at the company for me because I was THAT good. And they pretty much offered me a position in another area of the country. Unfortunately that means we''d have to move. I said that relocating is something I''d consider down the road if it were the right position, but not at this point.

So c''est la vie. You win some, you lose some. At least I was taken seriously.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh, hon, I'm sorry.

But can I just say "woohoo!" to the fact that they liked you so much that they wanted to find a position for you in the company? Now THAT is saying something! Good for you! When I first moved to Boston I interviewed for a position and the same thing happened--a mom was coming back from taking time off and reclaimed the positoin. They didn't find another postion for me :) but it ended up working out for the best.

Just because I'm nosy can I ask where they wanted you to relocate?

Are you going to focus on the Project Manager position now or are you holding out for another sales position? You are a busy lady for a woman who wasn't even looking! :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
There were two territories open-northern NJ and Manhattan.

I might continue to look for rep jobs, I''m not sure. I''m tempted to keep looking because my company had layoffs about a month ago and we think there might be another round in October. So part of me wants to plan ahead. I''ll probably take the PM job if it''s offered at a decent salary. It sounds like something I''d really love (product development) and it''s for a really good organization. And it''s in Quincy/Braintree, so it''s a fantastic location.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hudson,

Good luck in all of this. I can tell you, at least if college publishing...if working for the right company...it can be the best job you''ll ever have. I certainly enjoyed it...but I''ve since taken a desk job.

I''d certainly support your continuing to keep you eyes on that ball.

Best regards, and congrats again on your recent wedding.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Good luck HH,the right opp will come around soon :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 4:35:45 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Hudson,

Good luck in all of this. I can tell you, at least if college publishing...if working for the right company...it can be the best job you''ll ever have. I certainly enjoyed it...but I''ve since taken a desk job.

I''d certainly support your continuing to keep you eyes on that ball.

Best regards, and congrats again on your recent wedding.

Ira-thank you! I had no idea you used to work in publishing. What did you do? I''ve been an editor of one sort or another for my entire career, so it''s pretty much all I know at this point. I feel a little adrift in my current role, still editing, but not a product or organization I feel like I mesh well with. Part of the driving force behind my college publishing career was my commitment to education and wanting to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results