shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m buying another new hyrid car

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE my 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid.
My lifetime average for 36 tanks is 60.1 MPG.
Amazing car.
Of course I drive like an old lady on morphine to get that mileage.

The all new 2006 Civic Hybrid just won Motor Trend Car of the Year, Insurance Institute for Hiway Safety's ONLY Gold safety rating for a small car, and Kelly Blue Book award for most improved car.

The 2006 has better gas mileage, more power, is quieter, full window-curtain airbags are standard, larger, beautiful styling, 350-watt stereo standard.

It has astonishingly low emissions.

I paid $19,300 for my 04 hybrid, that's $2000 under MSRP just before gas prices ramped up.
Kelly Blue Book says I can sell it today for $20,000, even with 20,000 miles on it.
I have never known of a new car to appreciate like that.

The 06s all are going for $5,000 over MSRP here in Los Angeles.
I found a dealer in the Midwest who gave me $1,400 under MSRP.
I'm on a waiting list and will get it in March or April 06.

This is almost too good to be true.
I just hope I get it before the 75,000 California carpool stickers are all gone.
(I get to drive solo in carpool lanes in the hybrid.)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2005 10:40:02 AM
Author:kenny
The all new 2006 Civic Hybrid just won Motor Trend Car of the Year, Insurance Institute for Hiway Safety''s ONLY Gold safety rating for a small car, and Kelly Blue Book award for most improved car.

The 2006 has better gas mileage, more power, is quieter, full window-curtain airbags are standard, larger, beautiful styling, 350-watt stereo standard.

That is the one we have. I believe we put in our names for one in October and got it in November. I am still hanging onto our two Jeeps, though. (One is so ancient that it will probably expire soon.) We really need the four-wheel drive for our trips to Connecicut!

Deb

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I am very seriously considering getting the Prius... But I am not into the idea of paying so much over sticker.

Kenny - How did you get a car in the Midwest to deliver here (to Los Angeles)?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh Deb!
How do you like the 2006????

Oh you should have waited till Jan 06; the tax benefit is much better.
I think buying in 05 you get a $2000 deduction.
The deduction yields about $600 back into your pocket, depending on your tax bracket.

In 2006 there is a $2,100 tax CREDIT (not deduction).
The full $2,100 goes back into your pocket.

Here are the approximate Federal tax CREDITs for all the hybrids if purchased in 2006:

hybridtaxcredit2.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are not delivering it.
They used to, then Honda dealers in California cried to some Honda big shot that it was hurting their big fat margins.
Result is they can no longer drop ship to big cities.

So I have to fly to the midwest ($124 plane ticket) and drive it back.
Yes I have to spend 2 or 3 days driving and and pay restaurant and hotel costs.
But for $6,400 in savings I don't mind one little bit.
I consider it a nice road trip; I'll do some sight seeing.

One issue to pay attention to if you live in a clean state (the 5 or so states with the strictest emission standards) is that the Prius you buy has the emission equipment your state mandates.

I know every 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid is AT-PZEV (lowest internal combustion emissions in the world).
I don't know if the Prius is also a 50-state car.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Kenny. You are a trooper!

I have a friend who sells the Prius, but I am not counting on her being able to get me one at list price. Ugh.

I think I am going to look at the civic now, as well...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not a hybrid, but a new Civic.

article

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results