shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm back with photos!

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Don't hate me for starting a new thread please! :errrr: I decided to start a new one since the photos in my other thread didn't do my sapphire justice and I think I overloaded it with pics... :oops:

Anyways, here are photos of my sapphire in sunlight that I promised.

sapphire_sunlight 001.JPG

sapphire_sunlight 003.JPG

sapphire_sunlight 008.JPG

sapphire_sunlight 005.JPG

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh the photos are much better. I can really tell how sparkly it is and the quality of the cutting. No worries about the new thread. I like all the new people coming to CS! New blood, new bling, awesome.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, very pretty. I love the cutting and pink sparkles.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice lavender and pink sparkles!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaaahhhhh, WOW !!!!
it is looking like a July 4th sparkler !!!!!
Great pictures, I can see why you love it !!!! :love: :cheeky: :love:

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1299892567|2869914 said:
Ooooh, very pretty. I love the cutting and pink sparkles.

I think some of the pink sparkles are my reflection in the stone! But it does have some pink in it. :bigsmile:

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
ooo~Shiney!|1299898491|2869982 said:
Aaaaahhhhh, WOW !!!!

I love it so much and want to have it set so badly! But I'm trying not to spend any money right now. ;( I'm wondering if I should have it set temporarily in sterling silver then save up and have it set in gold later on, or if I should just go ahead and splurge on a nice simple gold setting before gold prices go even higher. What do you guys think?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Xiriah|1299932480|2870080 said:
Aaaaahhhhh, WOW !!!!

I love it so much and want to have it set so badly! But I'm trying not to spend any money right now. ;( I'm wondering if I should have it set temporarily in sterling silver then save up and have it set in gold later on, or if I should just go ahead and splurge on a nice simple gold setting before gold prices go even higher. What do you guys think?

What is the mm size of the stone?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - look at all the colours!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty gemstone.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
That's awesome!!! :appl: What a fantastic dynamic stone!!! :appl: What are your plans for it? Would you mind sharing who cut it for you?

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1299940434|2870122 said:
Xiriah|1299932480|2870080 said:
Aaaaahhhhh, WOW !!!!

What is the mm size of the stone?

According to the seller, the size is 9mm in diameter.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
BoulderGal|1299968594|2870360 said:
That's awesome!!! :appl: What a fantastic dynamic stone!!! :appl: What are your plans for it? Would you mind sharing who cut it for you?

Sorry for skipping on the details! Here's my original thread I posted a few days when I got it:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-sapphire.157712/

I bought it from this Etsy seller who cuts their own stones:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GemCutters

He said he'll be adding some more stones in the coming weeks. I hope he'll list some more sapphires! I plan to set it into a ring. I'm just not sure yet if I want to go with sterling silver or gold, and if gold-what color of gold... Any ideas? I want to keep the setting fairly simple so I can wear it everyday. I was thinking of maybe a lotus setting from Sally at Heart of Water Jewels or maybe something from Daniel M.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice sapphire, interesting cut. Do you know if it is heated or not?

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
crasru|1299974911|2870413 said:
Very nice sapphire, interesting cut. Do you know if it is heated or not?

It is unheated. :)) The listing said 'natural untreated', and I asked the seller (to double check and make sure) and he said that "the rough was untreated & unheated," and that they, "only cut the stone and did not heat or treat it." Then I asked about the origin of the rough and he replied saying it was from, "a lot we bought as a buy out and most of the rough was from Songea Tanzania. Some of the rough looked to be from Umba Tanzania. I'm not sure where it was from but it looked to be Umba."

Since the stone was under $200, I decided to give the seller a try. I'm very glad I did. It has a few very small inclusions that you can sometimes see at certain angles if you look closely. I thought of getting it certified by AGL, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra money when I could use it towards getting it set. Do you think I should get it certified? I've never had any other stone certified before.

*Edited for spelling errors.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
It sparkles like crazy! Stunning & beautiful. Congrats on ur purchase ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results