shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m a Mommy now

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Well I am now a proud mother of a wonderful baby boy! My due date was May 2nd but i always knew in my heart that I would deliver earlier than expected and sure thing i did!

my son was born on April 10th at 12:41 pm (same day as my brother''s birthday!). My water broke early morning on the 10th, at 1:40 am to be precise. I had no previous contractions or any symptoms... I was actually working late in the office that day and then went out with friends for dinner and got back home at 11:30 pm! so glad my water didnt break at the restaurant..

needless to say, waking up to ur water breaking is a bit scary as u have no time to ''mentally'' prepare that urgoing into labour...i was in the hospital by 2 am (since my water broke and even though i had no contractions i had to go to make sure everything was ok)....11 hours later and my healthy 3.1 kg (not sure wat the converts to in pounds) was born thru natural delivery (with the aid of the most beautiful drug in the world :) epidurl..though i requested that they dont put the max dosage as i still wanted to feel the contraction and be aware of wat is going on and be able to be helpful during the ''pushing''...)

He is now 11 days old and i fall in love with him more and more every day...My heart just melts when i see him sleeping and i''m sure all new mothers will know exactly what i mean when your time is here..

I would also recommend to those who have not bought/read the book to get a copy of the contended little baby book by Gina Ford. It is very helpful and helps guide new mothers on how to feed/bath/sleep the baby.

Anyhow, i have to rush as he has woken up for his feed.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting their turn! It truly is a wonderfu thing to see ur baby after carrying him/her for 9 months.

(sorry if there are typos, but i was speed typing to make sure i can post this before he wakes up)

9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, msb! The first few days are truly the most magical, aren't they? (and of course, take lots and lots of pictures
2.gif
they change so quickly!!!)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Children are such a blessing...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Having a new baby is wonderful, and they get bigger really fast. Enjoy this really special time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad I saw this this morning. Congratulations MSB! Take things easy and savour every moment (even the night wakings) because time flies so quickly and babies change so much.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on having your son. Being a new mom is the best. I''d love to see pics. What is his name?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Lovely and such a blessing.
12.gif
Congrats!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations MSB!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and glad to hear you are both doing well.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the new little bundle of joy!!
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! Get some sleep when you can!!
2.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Awe, congrats!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yayers, congratulations!!!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, congratulations MSB!!!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and best wishes to mother and son!!! What a wonderful time in your life - enjoy every moment!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
It is indeed a wonderful time. Congratulations!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I am very partial to little boys...enjoy every minute, it really goes back so fast...

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!!! enjoy these moments, because they fly by and before you know it he''ll be crawling--like mine started doing this week.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 8:13:49 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
congratulations!!!! enjoy these moments, because they fly by and before you know it he''ll be crawling--like mine started doing this week.
Or going off to high school!
32.gif
Congratulations!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I remember those days of loving my baby boy more and more each day! Cherish each moment as they really do go by way too quickly!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msb700, congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story, reading it made me want to be a mom! Best of luck to you throughout the new baby weeks and beyond.
36.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Prepare for the most amazing journey!!
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 10:08:14 PM
Author: Christa

Date: 4/20/2007 8:13:49 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
Or going off to high school!
32.gif
Congratulations!
Or going to university and leaving home
6.gif
. Congratulations on lovely baby boy. Take care

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I totally missed this! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! As someone who is going crazy waiting for a baby that is due in 11 days, I''m kind of jealous that you got to have yours early!! I''m so glad everything went smoothly and that you and your little boy are doing well. Can''t wait to see some pictures! Congratulations, again!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congratulations on your new baby! i love reading these pregnancy/baby threads!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone so much for your well wishes and congratulations!

Its been almost 4 weeks since i gave birth and time sure does fly away! My son''s name is ''Khalid'' (Arabic name) pronounced ''kaalid'' in english. He has grown so much and seems to be more alert day by day...i cant wait till he actually recognizes us and can see us and be able to interact with us..I''ve been trying to put some ''structure'' to our life with his sleeping time/feeding and bathing, but with all babies they tend to do wat they please on their own time regardless of wat plans u may have had!!
20.gif

I am loving every minute of it and love seeing my husband turn into the amazing father that i know he will be. It is so heartwarming to see the way he looks at his son with so much love and tenderness...(I''ve managed to actually snap a few pics of him looking at Khalid with that ''fatherly'' look''..)

Its been an adventure to say the least and as a friend so perfectly said: "I am getting to know him every day and we''re growing together as a family" and its so true!

Best luck to the rest of the ladies and may ur delivery be a smooth one and may you have a healthy girl/boy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is so wonderful to hear everyone is doing great!!
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results