shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ll start...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I discovered PS when I was doing research on diamonds for my engagement ring. I had been to several chains and smaller, locally owned shops. I also started clicking around online and came upon Pricescope. It didn't take long to become overwhelmed, but in reading responses from helpful folks like Garry, Dave Atlas, Leonid and Irina, RocDoc, Rich Sherwood, John Q at White Flash, Jonathan at Good Old Gold and others, I knew I had come to the right place.

I had never bought anything of great significance online before but it was WF who made my engagement ring and wedding band when my FI and I were ready to make the leap. It's beautiful and I have WF and PS in general to thank. SO...thank you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Great thread Andrey!!

9.gif

I came to Pricescope (PS) when I needed to replace my ring. I went to B&M's and was shocked by some of the prices; I thought there has to be a way to find a nice diamond w/out the huge mark up. I came here and lurked for a few weeks. I read the pro's and con's to the Brick and Morter versus the online vendors. The pros to the online vendors out weighed the cons so I started my search. I remember being very nervous about how reliable the online vendors were and now after making my purchase I am very confident and wouldn't do it any other way. I get soooo many compliments on my ring and how much it sparkles, yay! I find myself staring at it while stopped at a stop light in my car. hehee I bought my stone from Whiteflash but I would not hesitate to buy from another vendor too in addition to WF based on all the positive reviews.

Rocky Talky rocks! People of the PS community are so helpful and always willing to answer a question or direct me to a helpful thread. We are so lucky to have this forum, appraisers, vendors, moderators and friends of PS. Yay to magnificant sparkles since we know cut is king and a big thank you PS for the knowledge to arm us in our diamond/jewelry purchase!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found Pricescope the day I brought home my AGS ideal cut RB diamond. My new diamond performed beyond my wildest dreams except in direct sunlight where I could see lots of fire but the diamond looked dark. I was worried that I just spent a great deal of money buying a less than top quality diamond. I was so stressed that I searched for info online about ideal cut diamonds; one of those results lead me to PS. I read through many posts and tutorials and finally found not only why some ideal cut diamonds do that but it was normal so once again I was content with my new sparkly diamond. I’m like you Skippy, I admire my diamond all the time and get a ton of compliments on it.

I knew a lot about gemstones before finding PS but I only knew the basic 4 C’s about diamonds. Luckily I learned before going shopping for my upgrade that cut was king. When we got to the jewelry store we asked to compare an ideal cut, a very good cut and a good cut diamond side by side to see if we could tell the difference. Both my DH and I picked out the ideal cut diamond without hesitation.

PS has been helpful to me in many ways. I love seeing everyone else’s jewelry. I enjoy being able to answer questions for someone seeking advice or help on a purchase. It’s fun to find so many other people love gems and diamonds as much as I do. Thanks PS.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I came across Pricescope when we were in the e-ring looking process. I googled Tacori, because I had seen a style I liked, and was hoping to get consumer opinions about this designer brand. Pricescope had a thread in SMTR that was strictly Tacori owners, and I got some needed perspective from those gals. Also, I had been educating myself about diamonds, and PS was certainly an even bigger help in that direction by giving detail about cuts, girdles, thin vs. thick, etc, etc.

So when we decided on a Tacori style, and our little boutique jewelry store owner brought out some princess cuts for us to look at, we knew what we were viewing, and knew we were getting a great diamond for the money. Thanks Pricescope for the great education, and the community here of helpful souls.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I found PS when whilst attempting to educate myself about diamonds - pricing & quality.

My boyfriend and I fell in love with a setting and finally made the decision to go forward and find a diamond for the center stone so that we could purchase the setting.
36.gif
There was a B&M store - touted as the Engagement Ring Store - that we were dealing with that was a vendor for the setting designer. The customer service was excellent! They took a lot of time to educate us about diamonds and show us lots of different carat sizes, colors and clarities but didn''t focus much on cut. We found a diamond that was really pretty there but, feeling as though I didn''t know enough about diamonds to commit to this significant expenditure. I started to research diamonds to find out if they were charging a fair price and if what they were offering was of the quality I was seeking.

Every time I googled what I was interested in finding out, a Pricescope link kept on coming up. Additionally, I would find myself somehow drawn back to the website to look at pictures or to "lurk" to try to learn vicariously through others every night. I couldn''t believe how much I learned from just reading what other people had to share. I also felt as though there was an air of validity to PS because of the diversity of those involved in posting messages. What better combo is there than that of both experience - individual stories and education - the experts mixed in with an absolute adoration for the subject matter? I didn''t feel as though anyone was trying to sell me anything or working an angle.
31.gif
Believe me, after dealing with jeweler after jeweler - just checking things out, I was starting to feel a little sullied by their swarmy approaches.
38.gif

I am SO glad I took the time to read up
34.gif
! After gaining the knowledge from other online resources and from various PS members, I discovered that the stone that I was interested in at the B&M Engagement Ring Store, which was EGL certified and not truly a real "ideal" cut to boot, was certainly not worth the money the store was asking.

My bf is quite resourceful and found a great diamond broker/jeweler who we are dealing with now and we think that we have found the perfect diamond to go with the setting, which coincidentally, they are able to obtain for us for 25% less than what we had initially been quoted by the other place
9.gif

The setting has been ordered and the diamond is on hold for purchase, however ... I have no idea when I will be the lucky owner
4.gif
. While the jeweler we are dealing with is considered a B&M .. I figure them to be a bit of a hybrid because they do have some dealings online. This makes me feel good because if there is anything I have learned from PS, it is that there are many many benefits to purchasing from reputable online vendors. I have checked out the prices on Pricescope and their vendors and compared them against the quality and price of the one I hope to have in the near future and have determined, quite happily, that although a lot of money is involved
22.gif
22.gif
... I am getting what I am paying for and it is right in line with the best deal that I can get for quality I would like.

PS, thanks for helpling me justify this purchase and for helping me arm myself with the knowledge necessary to determine that this diamond is the right diamond for us and to make it through this somewhat arduous and confusing
33.gif
, yet, totally rewarding and endlessly fun process!
35.gif

I am sure I will learn a ton more, the longer I stick around here and will have built up one heck of a "justification" for an anniversary upgrade ...
12.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
OMGosh this is awesome!

Ok, I found PS in a weird way I''m from Canada and I hadn''t heard of it at all and then we got the reality show My Fair Brady and when I was watching it I heard that WF had made Adrianne''s wedding ring so I looked up WF and then through their website testimonials I heard of PS and at first I was like what is PS and then in one testimonial it said Pricescope and I googled it and voila! I found PS and I"m so glad I did what a GREAT place!!!!

I used PS to research my e-ring and got so much great info and the people are so nice and helpful a real community, great camaraderie.

Armed with PS advice I went to WF and they made my e-ring which I could not be happier with and then I got hooked and bought more pieces from them and I"m so happy.
They will be making my w-bands in a year or so too.
I love it here!

So glad to have found PS
36.gif

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
I found pricescope when I was simply exploring the web for "wedding" stuff. The site came up, I lurked a bit, and then decided I wanted to join. :) And now it is near impossible to keep me away. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results