shape
carat
color
clarity

IGI Certification

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jamey1128

Rough_Rock
I bought an IGI certified ring for 8700.00. After reading all the comments regarding the insignificance of the IGI cert. I became concerned and took the ring to an appriaser. Turns out the stone itself appraises for 14,916.00. Much more than what I paid for the enitre ring. I don''t think that it really matters which company grades the stone. IGI, GIA, EGL whats the difference!!!

Thanks
Jamey1128

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2005 5:04:54 PM
Author: Jamey1128
I bought an IGI certified ring for 8700.00. After reading all the comments regarding the insignificance of the IGI cert. I became concerned and took the ring to an appriaser. Turns out the stone itself appraises for 14,916.00. Much more than what I paid for the enitre ring. I don''t think that it really matters which company grades the stone. IGI, GIA, EGL whats the difference!!!

Thanks
Jamey1128
money wise.....up to 40%
34.gif

BSHAW

Rough_Rock
wow this post is a year and a half old and now it is back at the top!!

I actually read this post a month ago when I was researching some diamonds at a local B&M store with IGI certs along with many other posts about these labs on this forum and no matter how hard you try to get a straight answer there is no real ''correct'' answer to what is better. This is just the way it is .

If you go to a car forum and debate which manufacturer is better they will debate just the same, it is all about pros and cons and what matters most to you. I bought IGI I love it but I also don''t ever intend to sell it so that didn''t matter to me. If I had planned to upgrade later I would have considered spending the extra for the GIA cert.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results