shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were defending yourself...and YOUR RING!

sandra063

Rough_Rock
I was asked this Qs LOL, If youre being attacked by a man trying to steal your E-RING .... and you managed to grab a hold of your attacker's testicles, what would you do?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If someone wants anything I own but will let me go, I'm giving it to them, fast, and fleeing. I'm not sure what I'd do if I got a hold of someone's testicles. I can't think of a situation where I'd attempt to put myself closer to my attacker by reaching out to grab them to keep my possessions. If they have a hold of me, why are they asking me for the ring rather than just taking it? If you want my ring, have it. If you're too close and I need to physically fight, I'll grab anything I can and if my ring goes, through bargaining, being removed or falling off, in the process so be it. I'm not defending any of my possessions when put in that type of situation.

I don't mean to downplay the emotional loss for my engagement ring that I'd feel afterwards. People on here have reported that it's a terrible loss and that the ring is irreplaceable. But that's an after thought, when you're safe and have time to reflect. Just get your person away and as unscathed as possible.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, ask him, "Would you rather have your "jewels", or mine?"

Seriously though, no jewelry or other possession is worth risking my life. But if I had to defend myself (not my possessions), I would.

I actually did give a would-be pickpocket a fist in the groin many years ago on a bus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, but it was unintentional. We were packed in like sardines; I was standing holding onto a pole for balance. My passport was safety-pinned into my left front dress pocket (I'd just been to the airline office to confirm my flight out the next day.) I looked down and saw the hand of the man next to me snaking under my sweater-- he was attempting to get into that pocket. I released the pole and lowered my still-fisted hand, only intending to block him, when the bus suddenly lurched. He got nailed where the sun doesn't shine. :bigsmile:

He doubled over in pain, and I smiled sweetly at him and said "Sorry" (without appearing the least bit sorry, I'm sure.)
He got off the bus at the first opportunity.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly? I've been attacked enough times to know I freeze up. :blackeye: I'd probably stand there, frozen, and just panic afterwards. I'm not a quick thinker or actor ;(

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rip them off, I'm pretty scrappy in a fight.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Twist, push, and continue twisting. Most people think twist and pull, but pushing will give you more slack and maximize the amont of twisting.

This is assuming he has no gun or other weapons, of course, and that you already have his testicles in your hand.

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny!
ForteKitty|1394757063|3633608 said:
Twist, push, and continue twisting. Most people think twist and pull, but pushing will give you more slack and maximize the amont of twisting.

This is assuming he has no gun or other weapons, of course, and that you already have his testicles in your hand.

Literally laughing out loud!

DiamondsGallore

Rough_Rock
Ladies all of these comments, make sense to me one way or another. But, twist, pull and keep on twisting is likely, what I'd do, if I don't see a weapon. Though, I hope I never have to. :lol:

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
pearlsngems|1393249192|3621803 said:
LOL, ask him, "Would you rather have your "jewels", or mine?"

This :lol:

DiamondsGallore

Rough_Rock
LOl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Your jewels or mine". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet he'd immediately reconsider!!!!!

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Depends on how threatened I felt. Do they have a weapon? What kind of area am I in? My engagement ring is actually one of my least expensive pieces, but the most sentimental piece. But it's not my marriage or my child, two of my most precious "things".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results