shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could meet a TV/Movie Star, who would it be? And why?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has to be someone who has actually starred in a TV show or a Movie.

And please say why!

For me it would be Patrick Stewart. Yes, I am a geek and love Star Trek and X-men but that's not why.

Here's why: He's awesome.

How many stars do you know would put on a lobster suit (humoring his wife) and get in the bathtub for pics he allowed to be put on facebook. Plus he's a cat lover and does charity work for domestic violence and combat stress. And every time I see an interview or picture of him he just seems like he's got 'it' figured out. Balance. Fun. Life.

YOUR TURN!!!

stewartlobster.jpg

10458648_796845010346894_3411562361160266889_n.jpg

patrickstewartcandy-412x550.jpg

9qnn5my52akyrly2kj98_400x400.jpeg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: If you could meet a TV/Movie Star, who would it be? And

Great thread Gyppers! :dance:

For me, it's undoubtedly Gary Sinise. He is probably most famous for his brilliant portrayal of Lt Dan in Forrest Gump, but for me, it's the work he does to help military vets that makes him great in my book. He travels the world with his Lt Dan Band, they are an amazing band and really rock, I was privileged to be able to see them a few years back. Gary is not only a superb actor and bassist, he has a huge heart and works tirelessly to give back to others less fortunate.

gsinise.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Okay, I'll play. Of living actors, William Shatner. In his 80s & he seems to have so much fun being alive & doing stuff. Also a character actor named Joe Don Baker, who had a short-lived series where he played a sherriff but appeared in lots of tv shows; great big guy w/a Texas accent whom I always thought would be a super person to have as a neighbor.

If I could meet anyone of any era, these would be my 1st choices: General Sherman, a fascinating personality; Ulysses Grant, who had more courage than the whole present country put together and was a sweet, deeply decent man. Lincoln, who needs no explanation.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elizabeth Taylor. What a dame! Such a great actress and humanitarian.
And if we met, maybe she would let me try on her "baby", the Krupp!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Audrey Hepburn. First because I love all her films and second because she was an amazing humanitarian working on behalf of children in need for most of the latter part of her life. She was simply a beautiful person inside and out.

http://www.audrey1.org/biography/7/short-biography-of-audrey-hepburn

_20193.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

I'd like to meet Meryl Streep.

Gypsy, my husband has briefly met Patrick Stewart. He's a lovely man. My husband has a weird habit of meeting or seeing famous people. I think he's just very observant while I just walk past them. He saw Philip Seymour Hoffman walking down our bridge a few months before he died. I think he regrets not stopping him now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rosetta|1405338535|3712942 said:

Gypsy, my husband has briefly met Patrick Stewart. He's a lovely man. My husband has a weird habit of meeting or seeing famous people. I think he's just very observant while I just walk past them. He saw Philip Seymour Hoffman walking down our bridge a few months before he died. I think he regrets not stopping him now.

LOL my dh has this same weird habit. I walk by oblivious to the world around me while my dh is always spotting famous people. Neither of us get starstruck though and he never stops them because well, we live in NY and no one who lives here does that. At least no one I know. But let's see if I can remember who he saw right in our neighborhood.Anne Hathaway, Spike Lee, Paul Giamatti, Michelle Williams, John Turturro, Steve Buscemi. And I am forgetting a number of famous people he saw.

I would have hoped if I had ever had the opportunity to meet Audrey Hepburn that I would have gone up to her and told her how amazing I think she is/was. But obviously that is all conjecture at this point and given how shy I am when first meeting somebody I am not sure what I would have done.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bill Murray. I feel like he would either make me laugh, learn something, or both if I had a few minutes to talk with him.

_20194.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei|1405326788|3712908 said:
Great thread Gyppers! :dance:

For me, it's undoubtedly Gary Sinise. He is probably most famous for his brilliant portrayal of Lt Dan in Forrest Gump, but for me, it's the work he does to help military vets that makes him great in my book. He travels the world with his Lt Dan Band, they are an amazing band and really rock, I was privileged to be able to see them a few years back. Gary is not only a superb actor and bassist, he has a huge heart and works tirelessly to give back to others less fortunate.

gsinise.jpg

How did I miss this?! I met him! It was 9 years ago in Florida he is a true gentleman in every sense of the word.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

missy|1405340730|3712959 said:
rosetta|1405338535|3712942 said:

LOL my dh has this same weird habit. I walk by oblivious to the world around me while my dh is always spotting famous people. Neither of us get starstruck though and he never stops them because well, we live in NY and no one who lives here does that. At least no one I know. But let's see if I can remember who he saw right in our neighborhood.Anne Hathaway, Spike Lee, Paul Giamatti, Michelle Williams, John Turturro, Steve Buscemi. And I am forgetting a number of famous people he saw.

I would have hoped if I had ever had the opportunity to meet Audrey Hepburn that I would have gone up to her and told her how amazing I think she is/was. But obviously that is all conjecture at this point and given how shy I am when first meeting somebody I am not sure what I would have done.

Haha it's true NY is littered with them. On our first trip there, we saw Will Farrell. The second time it was Ben Stiller and Michelle Obama. I'd have obliviously walked past all of them (expect Michelle Obama, she had security)! Husband sees a famous person at least once a month here. He's also very good at recognising politicians, like cabinet ministers and shadow opposition. I recognise the prime minister and the mayor of London (he's met them both) and that's about it. ::)

His other weird talent is recognising areas in London in movies. It's astounding. He only needs a glimpse. He recently recognised a square which has my professional college in it in the 2 seconds it was on the screen (it was on the new 24 series). He's only ever been there once. He then recognised it again on the British version of House of Cards. That series is like 30 years old! He recognised a building I graduated in, even though it was completely re set as a restaurant in the movie. He picked it up from the ornate railings on the stairs alone. Again, he's been there once. And I had to google it, and he was right. Sorry for the tangent, but he's somewhat freaky. The man never forgets..... :-o

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy said:
Has to be someone who has actually starred in a TV show or a Movie.

And please say why!

For me it would be Patrick Stewart. Yes, I am a geek and love Star Trek and X-men but that's not why.

Here's why: He's awesome.

How many stars do you know would put on a lobster suit (humoring his wife) and get in the bathtub for pics he allowed to be put on facebook. Plus he's a cat lover and does charity work for domestic violence and combat stress. And every time I see an interview or picture of him he just seems like he's got 'it' figured out. Balance. Fun. Life.

YOUR TURN!!!
Could I expand on that and say Patrick Stewart AND Ian MacKellen together? They seem like they know how to have a good time!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ohhh my word how much I love and adore Patrick Stewart. :love: Not just the hotness of the bald head and the Voice of Voices and commanding presence, he is an all around wonderful and beautiful human being.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock

I would DIE to meet Stephen Colbert. What he does for the country and his sense of humour make him my all time hero and I would give/do almost anything to have a few hour convo with him.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Patrick Stewart. He is just The Awesome.

If not him then George Takei. Something tells me George and would have very long, very punny, very un-PC conversations!

Very impressed with all the Trekkies here!! :appl:

Rosetta and Missy, I think the three of us are married to the same man, right down to the bizarre habit of recognising ridiculous details of utterly nondescript architecture years later. My husband does the same!

He also spots celebrities aaaaall the time! Funny story: a few years ago, the hubs recognised one of my "casual conversation when I see him around town" friends as being a prominent South African actor. Who knew?????

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Trekkie|1405351897|3713057 said:
Patrick Stewart. He is just The Awesome.

If not him then George Takei. Something tells me George and would have very long, very punny, very un-PC conversations!

Very impressed with all the Trekkies here!! :appl:

Rosetta and Missy, I think the three of us are married to the same man, right down to the bizarre habit of recognising ridiculous details of utterly nondescript architecture years later. My husband does the same!

He also spots celebrities aaaaall the time! Funny story: a few years ago, the hubs recognised one of my "casual conversation when I see him around town" friends as being a prominent South African actor. Who knew?????

Yes, he does this too re architecture. He is a big architecture buff (not sure that's the correct term) and he loves all things architecture and has an uncanny way of recognizing details that most of would not even give a second glance. LOL there are more like our men out there now I am sure. Though none could come close to their love of women who love the bling. :cheeky:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1405349636|3713031 said:
Could I expand on that and say Patrick Stewart AND Ian MacKellen together? They seem like they know how to have a good time!

Haha, right? If I could spend a day sightseeing with any two famous people, they'd totally be my pick! Just think of all the awesome selfies you would end up with!

This is my fave P.Stew thing ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_cwI1Xj4M

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results