shape
carat
color
clarity

If a wedding band was all...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
You were going to be wearing, would you go thick or thin and if you have a pic, please post it...TY :)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
It would be thick and either a 5 stone like Kcourselle''s or a wide channel eternity band!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, I don''t think I''d ever go thick (that''s one of the things that scares me away from doing more than admiring some of the gorgeous carat-heavy eternities I see on here ... the certainty that it would drive me nuts to be able to feel the ring spreading my fingers apart), but I''d definitely go WIDE. Maybe towards something like the Tiffany Bubbles ring, or to some of the gorgeous Sasha Primak designs. Alternately, I might start out with a lovely band of channel-set princesses or baguettes, and look forward to stacking fun for anniversaries ... Signed Pieces has some lovely classics along these lines.

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
I''d stack a couple of thin wedding bands. I know that wasn''t one of your options but that''s what I''d do so that I could get best of both worlds. Wear one on the days I want thin but stack on days I want a thicker look

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Mark Morrell!!!!!!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE that Mark Morrell eternity, but if I were going to wear a band and only that one band every day....... I''d chose a five or seven stone band. I think they''re more practical for everyday. That''s just my opinion, for what it''s worth. I have a five stone, a seven stone and a platinum eternity, and even though it''s diamonds and platinum, I''m more conscious of not harming the stones on the bottom of my eternity band when I grab things or pick things up (even door knobs! you never know). The shanks of either of my shared prong bands can always be polished and brought back to perfect condition again.

Mem%20Card%20L2%20146.jpg
Mem%20Card%20L2%20071.jpg
Mem%20Card%20L2%20249.jpg

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 7:37:14 PM
Author:lauralu
You were going to be wearing, would you go thick or thin and if you have a pic, please post it...TY :)

For a band alone I''d have to go with wider.

closeup of band.jpg

spike13

Shiny_Rock
I like the timeless look of a simple thin metal band. I think it''s classic.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
A thin micropave Leon Mege 3/4 eternity.

liz

Rough_Rock
Here''s my Niwaka wedding band. Width is 3.5 mm. I love the elegance and simplicity of a solo band.

niwaka_ring.JPG

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Liz I bet your Niwaka is super comfy as well? Looks beautiful. Something comfy would be very important. I wonder how comfy a larger eternity band or a how durable a pave or even a wider pave set band would be for everyday wear....

So far so good, keep the ideas coming..:)

liz

Rough_Rock
Yes, my Niwaka band is extremely comfortable. All their rings are comfort fit. What I really like about their bands is that many seem to be designed for solo wear. They have beautiful his/hers matching bands too.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2008 6:22:22 AM
Author: liz
Here''s my Niwaka wedding band. Width is 3.5 mm. I love the elegance and simplicity of a solo band.
I loved liz''s Nikawa from the moment I saw it. It looks so smooth and comfortable.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I only wear my wedding band on my left hand and my e-ring on my right. My band is 3ishmm pipe-cut; no bling. It''s the middle one below.
szieguidefeet.jpg

Are you thinking blingy, or less blingy?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I would go with a thick, very blingy band. There's a woman at my job that has this ring that I absolutely love. She and her fiance are both divorced with children so they just fell into calling each other husband/wife although he never really proposed. He bought her the band a few years ago and its beautiful. This past Christmas he proposed with a beautiful 3 stone (after 8 years together) and guess what...she still wears the band on her left and hardly ever wears her 3 stone. Go figure!!

Anyways, if I were doing one ring alone, I would get something like Cushioncut's pave band (I hope she doesn't mind me posting her picture!!). It's beautiful and perfect as a ring alone. As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considering getting one similar anyway to wear when I travel.
DSCF5126.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
This one''s a bit funky, but I like it. Seriously considering it for a RHR.

Funky Sapphire Band.JPG

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 9:56:04 AM
Author: geckodani
I''d do something a little wider if it was going to be my only ring.

I''m in love with some of the rings at http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/.
geckodani, that is exactly what I would wear too, except in all white sapphires. I actually got a quote for it, and am saving my pennies so I will have it someday :)

I am actually wearing only wedding bands now, but two - see my avatar.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Monkeypie - I''m afraid to ask for a quote and have my dreams crushed, LOL. :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Right now I''m sporting a 4mm band. I love the weight of it - but my w-band/e-ring together are about 6mm, so something 2mm alone on my finger just feels strange - my wband is 1.7mm, so sometimes I do stack it with another thin band and that feels (and looks) fine. I''d go with something in the 3mm-4mm range.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
geckodani, those are super cool! I can''t believe I have missed those, as I am always looking at the natural sapphire company!

Did you happen to get price quotes and if so do you mind sharing?

Lauralu, to answer your question I personally would go for a 3mm or 4mm eternity or half eternity band or diamonds. I like that width on my hand. Either that or a 4mm etoile style ring. Or, an ornate BeverleyK style band (either thick or medium-thin, I like both). Or a 5 stone like KCoursolle''s. Those are my favorite standalone wedding bands!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe a gorgeous custom stacking combination of three thin different, but complimentary celebration rings. That would look really sophisticated and understated.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I ¢¾ the sapphire bands. I haven''t gotten pricing on them, as I''m afraid my dreams would be crushed, LOL. :)

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 10:10:45 AM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 7/16/2008 9:56:04 AM

I''d do something a little wider if it was going to be my only ring.

I''m in love with some of the rings at http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/.

geckodani, that is exactly what I would wear too, except in all white sapphires. I actually got a quote for it, and am saving my pennies so I will have it someday :)

I am actually wearing only wedding bands now, but two - see my avatar.

Me too, I have a quote for blue sapphires. I love the swoopy setting. I couldn''t ever have anything that fancy as my actual wedding ring though, I''m too tough on my hands.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 10:32:22 AM
Monkeypie - I''m afraid to ask for a quote and have my dreams crushed, LOL. :)
I was surprised at how inexpensive they were in white sapphire - princess cuts as opposed to asschers cost even less, but I really want asschers. It was around 2k at I believe 3 carats? I forget...I''ll check the email when I get home tonight if you like.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
The "light blue" sapphires were 3K, princesses were about 2.5 for a size 6. I'm surprised white sapphires are that much cheaper; I'll have to keep that in mind...

I can't wait for a PSer to get one of these to see IRL photos! It's so similar the Sasha Primak trellis band.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yeah.... going to have to put that in the "someday" file. :)

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
It would be this Leon Mege beauty ...

r977_030Ww.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
This harry winston band - belongs to amggal:

HWeband12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results