shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ Jackets - 6mm with 3pt and 5mm with 5pt

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to many of you who have shared your wonderful IDJ jacket purchases, which let me find the options to add more bling and various looks for my studs. Thanks to IDJ who offers the beautiful jacket at the affordable price for many of PSers to enjoy it. Luann is great to work with.

Although I only have one pair of studs in 1.30ctw, but I coud not help and orders two pairs -- 5mm with 5pt melees, and 6mm with 3pt melee. I know some of you like to see the difference between 5pt and 3pt jackets, so here you go ...

_4517.jpg

_4518.jpg

_4519.jpg

_4520.jpg

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
The profile views for 0.65cw each stud in 5mm 5pt and 6mm 3pt jackets :

_4521.jpg

_4522.jpg

_4523.jpg

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
I put a pair od loose stones ( 1.21cw & 1.23cw each) in the middle of 6mm 3pt jackets:

_4524.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU!!

I have a pair for 1.20 ctw studs and was always wondering what jackets might be best! From your pics, I prefer the 6mm 3pt option.

Now, show us ear shots! :)

Anne

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for taking time out for a studs and jackets comparison! I am hoping to add a pair of nice studs and jackets this year and this will definitely help me understand the proportions better.

And yes- ear shots please!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting comparision shots: the jackets are my wish list item as well. Which proportion do you prefer? I am so much drown to the petal look of 5 pointers...can you also tKe ear shots, please?

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
OK, I got my little girl to help and take the ear shot.

The 6mm jacket is very close to the edge of my ear. The picture may show it's over the edge a bit due to the angle of taking the picture.The size of 5mm jacket looks better on my ear.

I added two pictures to show my 1.30ctw studs 4-prong setting in 5mm 5pt jacket and 6mm 3pt jacket.

_4525.jpg

_4526.jpg

_4527.jpg

_4528.jpg

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Oh, thank you for the earshots! The 5 pointers for 5mm jackets are just divine on your ears! So so beautiful! Do you mind mentioning the current price on them? They are 950$ on IDJ website, but I am not sure how actual this price is...

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alone, both the 0.6x-ct and the 1.2x-ct look better with the larger jacket with 3-pt melees. However, I must admit that the smaller jacket better suits your relatively small earlobe.

The smaller melees make the center diamond appear larger, the result of which is what I prefer. Of course, there is this additional 3-dimensional fire-ball effect that can't be captured by a 2-dimensional photo.

I think the 5-pt melees make the center diamond a part of the multi-stone flower rather than complement the center diamond as a jacket.

Nevertheless, both jackets look good with your diamonds.

Please comment on the melees. Are you happy with them? Depending on your answer, I may pay IDJ a visit which is long, overdue.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I have a question for you Bluemoon.

I was wondering what the mm diameter of your studs are? I was trying to get a feel for the way they sit in each comparative basket (smaller opening versus larger). Are they 5.5mm stones or somewhere around there? Also, do you know offhand whether IDJ makes the jacket opening for odd sizes, like 4.75mm? Or do they just increment in .5mm stages for the openings like 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, etc?

Thank you!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful!!! Thanks for the comparison!

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
FancyDiamond|1363552328|3407279 said:
Alone, both the 0.6x-ct and the 1.2x-ct look better with the larger jacket with 3-pt melees. However, I must admit that the smaller jacket better suits your relatively small earlobe.

The smaller melees make the center diamond appear larger, the result of which is what I prefer. Of course, there is this additional 3-dimensional fire-ball effect that can't be captured by a 2-dimensional photo.

I think the 5-pt melees make the center diamond a part of the multi-stone flower rather than complement the center diamond as a jacket.

Nevertheless, both jackets look good with your diamonds.

Please comment on the melees. Are you happy with them? Depending on your answer, I may pay IDJ a visit which is long, overdue.

The melees are very sparkling under light/sun, bright, and snow white. definitely eye-clean to my eye. Look pretty clean for the SI clarity under loupe.

the 5pt jacket is planned to use for the colored stone studs. agreed that smaller melee 3pt would make center diamond looks bigger. But I do also like the flowser look too.

The 6mm jacket seems too big for my earlobe. I may have to change it to 5mm 3pt jacket. Then it will have similar look of 1.2ct on 6mm 3pt jacket.

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
bastetcat|1363566989|3407411 said:
I have a question for you Bluemoon.

I was wondering what the mm diameter of your studs are? I was trying to get a feel for the way they sit in each comparative basket (smaller opening versus larger). Are they 5.5mm stones or somewhere around there? Also, do you know offhand whether IDJ makes the jacket opening for odd sizes, like 4.75mm? Or do they just increment in .5mm stages for the openings like 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, etc?

Thank you!

My studs is 5.56-5.58mm in diameter.

IDJ offers jacket for the studs 2x0.25cw(4mm), 2x0.50cw,(5mm) 2x0.75cw(6mm), 2x1.0cw(6.5mm) ...

If you have studs in 4.75mm, the 5mm jacket may work for yours.

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Efriede|1363551182|3407265 said:
Oh, thank you for the earshots! The 5 pointers for 5mm jackets are just divine on your ears! So so beautiful! Do you mind mentioning the current price on them? They are 950$ on IDJ website, but I am not sure how actual this price is...
It's around that price a month ago. You can call up Luann for the quote.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Great comparison shots! Thank you.

Does anyone have pictures of the 6mm jackets with 5pt stones?

My studs are the same size as yours and I have the 5mm jackets. They do sit out quite a bit, not that I bothers me as I can't actually see it, but now I'm curious what the 5pt jackets in the 6mm size would look like with 5.5mm stones!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics!! I really love both looks!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
bluemoon2|1363575226|3407511 said:
Efriede|1363551182|3407265 said:
It's around that price a month ago. You can call up Luann for the quote.
Thank you, bluemoon.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1363576332|3407523 said:
Great comparison shots! Thank you.

Does anyone have pictures of the 6mm jackets with 5pt stones?

My studs are the same size as yours and I have the 5mm jackets. They do sit out quite a bit, not that I bothers me as I can't actually see it, but now I'm curious what the 5pt jackets in the 6mm size would look like with 5.5mm stones!

I think jenifire has jackets for 6mm studs with 5 point melee :) :wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's fantastic that you bought both sizes - and I love how they both have their own unique spin on the jacket look! I like the more 'floral/petal' look to the larger pts but the 3pts have that nice 'band' sort of look to them. NEAT choices!!!

Both look perfect on your ears!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Man, I already have the 3-pointer jackets and you are making me want a pair of those 5-pointers! Both options look gorgeous with your studs! :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Bluemeoon for answering. I think I know what I need to do (mostly). :)

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! :lickout:

Love that you did comparison shots for us too, both sets are lovely. I'm not sure which ones I like better. LOL I see your dilemma in getting both. :naughty:

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Oh blue moon thank you so much for this thread I have been desperate to see the difference :naughty: I LOVE the 5 pointers :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results