shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ CUSTOM RESET FOR MY PEAR (PIC HEAVY)

ShimmerAndShine

Rough_Rock
This review is long overdue (and well, just long) but I am finally getting around to singing the praises of IDJ. Let me begin by telling you what led me to IDJ.

We recently hit a milestone. Our tenth wedding anniversary! Simultaneously with our anniversary, my original wedding band which was custom made to fit my original e-ring, broke (a prong) thereby losing a diamond. I set out to replace the diamond and while being quoted $400 to replace a .15 baguette, plus the cost of fixing the broken prong (without the guarantee that it wouldn't happen again) I set in deep thought over the possibility of re-setting my entire set, which was a three stone style pear with tapered double baguettes. Although i selected my diamond, the setting (a three stone, with baguette side stones) was sight unseen.

Over years, I have really become a solitaire girl. In addition to changing tastes, there were some issues with my prior setting which became more apparent to me over the years. Structural defects, in addition to the fact that my beautiful pear was overshadowed by competing side stones. I still loved my pear and really wanted it to shine center stage instead of being in constant competition. This set me off on a quest for the perfect jeweler to make my visions a reality. This is where you guys come in.

Since we were pretty rusty in the diamond shopping department, my research began. It research led me to Pricescope. I've learned more than I've ever known and really wish I had the aid of you guys the first time around! Anyway, after reading and gazing on a multitude of settings, I soon determined that IDJ would be my vendor. I think I read every thread I could find on them and felt pretty confident that they would not only have the ability to execute my vision, but more importantly, if there were any kinks in the process, I was at ease knowing that they would not stop short at making me 100% happy with the finished product. This is something crucial to a crazy detail oriented perfectionist such as myself! If every angle was not just perfect, I'd be disappointed. Especially since I really did still love my e-ring.

My vision was not an overly complicated one. An under 2mm thick diamond pave shank, with a diamond basket that would sit flush with a matching pave band. I was surprised at how difficult it was to find pictures of pear shaped stones in that sort of setting with the side profile that I wanted. The majority of the settings that I lusted over featured either a round or a cushion cut stone, my new favorite cuts. But I was working with a pear shaped stone. IDJ had a pretty difficult task. Armed with ramblings and a few pictures, they created magic! This super crazy perfectionist could not find a thing to complain about. I was so happy that I decided to pick up a third stacking band. It's hard not to sniff the IDJ kool-aid while in the shop. Everything is so beautiful! Here are some pictures of my pears new home, along with the before picture of my old setting. I'll post the before images separately.

IMG_4238.JPG IMG_3738.JPG
IMG_3885.JPG IMG_3755.JPG
IMG_3757.JPG
IMG_3916.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG IMG_4554.JPG IMG_5096.JPG IMG_3929.JPG

Specs for those interested (this is pricescope, after all)

2.06 pear brilliant (9.95 x 7.80 x 4.41)
GIA certified SI1, H
Size 4, sized to 4.25
1.9-2.0 mm eternity pave, platinum
Pricescope quality, hand selected melee using .2 pointers in the G-H color range.

The whole team at IDJ was AMAZING! A serious pleasure to work with! I worked most closely with Lee and Lana during the wax mold process, with Israel and Yueketil helping with my design questions and my order. They were so incredibly patient and professional, not to mention reasonable in terms of price and really went out of their way to make me happy literally at their own expense. If you're thinking about going with IDJ, think no more.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous! and it's so sparkly too :love: they did a fantastic job. Congratulations on your anniversary!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning!!!! :love::love::love: I really think it makes your center stone pop so much more!! I find that IDJ does an outstanding job and love using them for my projects!

Congrats on your anniversary too!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the little claw prongs!

I used to have my pear in a 3 stone baguette setting. I liked it because it was made custom to fit the
stone but I didnt really like the fact that it was difficult to find a wedding band to go with it (unless you
went with the matching band) and it set just too high. I reset it in a simple solitaire band that I love!

You must be thrilled with your reset! I would be!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I love your reset! The new look is more balanced and it lets the pear be the star!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a perfect forever home :love: I am another pear re-setter, and much more prefer a classic solitaire. More pictures!

ShimmerAndShine

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, I'm about a month post and still over the moon! Thanks for the anniversary wishes too! I was so nervous and kept putting off the reset, walking around with a toothless wedding ring for a while, then rocking a twist band and a gap. I was so worried I'd regret it but I'm very happy with it. ZERO regrets. I just received a call from IDJ that the other band (marquis/eye and dot style) is ready. So another to add to the collection since I plan to switch on and off and to stack occasionally. I'll post a picture once I pick it up, which may not be for another week or two. Love having a solitaire and the versatility of the style!

PS realized I should have posted this in show me the bling or testimonials, so I accidentally started the thread in here but can't change it now so oh well. Moderators, feel free to move it!

ShimmerAndShine

Rough_Rock
This is a perfect forever home :love: I am another pear re-setter, and much more prefer a classic solitaire. More pictures!

You don't have to twist my arm much lol. Here you go!

Here is the pic IDJ sent me before the stone was set, plus some more. Can't seem to stop taking pictures. Ive been caught by DH, and complete strangers. Oooops lol.

IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3292.JPG
DSC_0854.JPG
DSC_0860.JPG
IMG_4907.JPG
IMG_5200.jpg
IMG_5388.JPG

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great! The new setting definitely makes the diamond pop more.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! And I love the matching band sitting flush next to it!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band and ER setting match beautifully together.

phancynan

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I'm usually a huge baguette fan, but the new setting really makes the pear shine. But where are the pics of the third stacking ring?!?! Congrats!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful ring! Happy anniversary - enjoy your new ring. IDJ does a nice job.

ShimmerAndShine

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for you sweet comments!! And thanks for the anniversary wishes! Also, those of you who commented that you have a pear, please post!!! I've seen some of yours but I'll never pass on an opportunity to see them again!

Queenie60 - one of the inspiration pics I showed IDJ was that of your nephews ring that they did! It was stunning! Yeukitil had nothing but nice things to say about you. He is SUUUUCH a nice guy! His wife is adorable. I was eyeing one of her rings while there.

Phancynan - I haven't picked it up the other ring yet. I won't be able to drop into IDJ's office until next week. I'm local, but next week I'll actually be in the city so I'll stop by then to pick it up and I'll be sure to post it!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your reset, I think it is more elegant and modern looking now & the diamond has a great spread too btw!!!

P

PierreBear

Congratulations on the beautiful ring and the anniversary! Enjoy for many years to come!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are gorgeous. I love the pear diamond; it is stunning.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! The reset is sooo stunning and that diamond is absolutely breathtaking!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!!!

ShimmerAndShine

Rough_Rock
Thank you to each end everyone of you. Your comments mean a lot!! :dance:

ShimmerAndShine

Rough_Rock
Here is the bead and eye band. Love it. It is so dainty and really sparkles! I'm not liking it as a stack with my pave band, so I'll have to get either a beaded or a single prong to add for stacking purposes. But love it solo with my ring, so until I add additional bands I'll just switch off with the pave band. :appl:

IMG_6401.JPG IMG_6422.JPG IMG_6459.JPG IMG_6462.JPG IMG_6470.JPG IMG_6471.JPG IMG_6472.JPG IMG_6476.JPG

IMG_6434.JPG

IMG_6470.JPG

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this!!! I considered this exact ring as a spacer a few months ago. I actually like it stacked with your other rings but love it by itself, too!!! :love::love:

ShimmerAndShine

Rough_Rock
LOVE this!!! I considered this exact ring as a spacer a few months ago. I actually like it stacked with your other rings but love it by itself, too!!! :love::love:

I wasn't too sure with the double pave. It seems so bordered with pave on both sides of it. So I'll probably add a different band to stack, but might wear it that way on occasion too. It definitely creates a multitude of options! :clap:

Last edited:

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
love... and the stacker as well!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results