shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for my emerald and diamond necklace

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
395E35A2-3235-4B49-A59C-7B5FAB436D2E.jpeg C952A159-C91E-454D-A214-C34A667B319F.jpeg
Hi Everyone,
I’ve been going through my jewelry case and have this pretty little emerald and diamond necklace from my DH from years ago. He said he wanted me to have an emerald to go with my red hair! Sadly I don’t wear it because the chain is pretty short on me and just not that flattering. Should I just get a longer chain or consider making it into a ring? I love CvB designs and considered setting it into a little band but not sure I want to take it all apart. If I made it a longer necklace I’m not even sure of a good source for gold chains! Thoughts?

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
First of all, gorgeous emerald! Such a springtime color!

I like pendants WAY more than most people, so I'm biased here (I have like, 30 or more really cherished pendants and three rings - lol). I can see how the size and shape of the stone makes it an appealing choice for a ring, and it would be beautiful set like that. But if you're a redhead, with true redhead's coloring, then having that green and yellow gold up close to the red hair, so someone gets all three colors in one look, is just so pretty. I would definitely consider keeping it as a pendant.

I get most of my chains from Chow Sang Sang, but I live in Asia so they're reasonably local to me. I'm not sure how the prices compare to where you are, but the quality is excellent and they do have an online shop.

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
@passions4purples Hi! Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. Love hearing your thoughts. Yes I agree that it would be nice to wear it up close to my face and hair! I'll check Chow Sang Sang chains.. I think that might make all the difference.

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
@passions4purples I just took a quick look on their site and not sure if they sell in US $$!

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
@passions4purples I just took a quick look on their site and not sure if they sell in US $$!

Yeah, I've never tried to get their products in the US, but maybe someone local can recommend a trustworthy source. I really do love the combination of green and yelllow gold - so classic!

ChanterelleJ

Rough_Rock
Premium
I think the pendant is gorgeous and I'm sure it looks awesome worn as a pendant. Do you like the bail as is? I really like diamond set bails to complement a halo style pendant and I think this may be an inexpensive way to add some spice to it.

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
I think the pendant is gorgeous and I'm sure it looks awesome worn as a pendant. Do you like the bail as is? I really like diamond set bails to complement a halo style pendant and I think this may be an inexpensive way to add some spice to it.
ChanterelleJ, thank you I haven’t thought of that. Yes it sort of gets lost on me as it is!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
395E35A2-3235-4B49-A59C-7B5FAB436D2E.jpeg C952A159-C91E-454D-A214-C34A667B319F.jpeg
Hi Everyone,
I’ve been going through my jewelry case and have this pretty little emerald and diamond necklace from my DH from years ago. He said he wanted me to have an emerald to go with my red hair! Sadly I don’t wear it because the chain is pretty short on me and just not that flattering. Should I just get a longer chain or consider making it into a ring? I love CvB designs and considered setting it into a little band but not sure I want to take it all apart. If I made it a longer necklace I’m not even sure of a good source for gold chains! Thoughts?

The pendant is pretty and I wouldn’t change it! If you look on Etsy you should be able to find various types of gold chains ranging from 9k to 22k. The vintage ones are often well priced.

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
The pendant is pretty and I wouldn’t change it! If you look on Etsy you should be able to find various types of gold chains ranging from 9k to 22k. The vintage ones are often well priced.
Thanks Peacechik! I'll take a look. I need one small enough to go through the bale, but also secure!

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
I'd try a pretty chain first. That's a beautiful pendant- I don't think it needs any rearranging :roll2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I'd leave it as a pendant.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @justpeachy and @stracci2000 . Maybe I just need help finding a longer chain that will fit through the bale! I might take it to a jeweler and find out what size would work..

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - it's beautiful as is. If the problem finding a longer chain is due to the small bail, buy one where you can remove he clasp to slip the pendant on and then reattach. Any competent jeweler can do it (I've actually done it myself). While you won't be able to use the chain for other pendants, your pendant deserves to be worn and is worthy of its own chain :)

I was actually shopping for a chain last year and ended up buying from https://www.ajewelrystop.com. The transaction went smoothly and the chain seems to be of good quality. And my pendant was small too so my jeweler had to cut the chain and then reattach it. I think he charged me like, $25? Oh, I also bought a 18" YG chain off Amazon for my mom. She ended up wanting a 16" chain. It was through Amazon prime and had free returns, so I was able to quickly return the 18" and get the 16" instead.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results