shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for a travel wedding band? Show me yours!

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for ideas for what I can buy/wear as a "travel" wedding band. I love my e-ring and future wedding band but have no intentions on wearing them when we go on our honeymoon (Indonesia) or other travels to places where it would not be wise to wear something of great value.

What do you wear as your travel wedding band, if you have one?

I'm thinking about something funky. Something similar to finace's wedding band which is a tungsten band. However I'm worried about it not being shatter proof. If I got a simple gold band, I think it would scratch, get dull, and possibly warp over time. We are quite active when we travel and would not want to worry about the ring being damaged.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
My husband just got me the Tiffany "Loving Heart" ring (by Paloma Picasso) for my birthday and I have worn it as a substitute wedding band a couple of times. I have a very thin, delicate wb & ering set so it's actually kind of nice to have something a little more substantial for a change. I also like that I could wear it when we travel and it is sterling silver so very low maintenance.

It's here:

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00041&mcat=&cid=288158&search_params=s+5-p+10-c+288158-r+101287466+0-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
Two great ideas so far, and ones I woulda never thought of. I've always found Tiffany to be overpriced for what it is, but a few hundred bucks on a stand in weddng band ain't bad. I like the Timoku too and I'll check out what else they have on the website.

Thanks.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
If you want something that will hold up really well during active travel and outdoor activities, I'd go for tungsten. DH has ones and loves it! He wears it for everything and it looks as good as the day we bought it.

My wband is plain platinum with no diamonds, so I don't have a second one. However, I love DH's band so much that I've kind of considered getting one for myself, but I can't justify it since the none of the active things I do would scratch my wband.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results