shape
carat
color
clarity

IdealScope Images

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay Garry I tried the IdealScope setup with lighting from the bottom of the stone...here are my results, much better!! Finding it hard to line up the stone directly with the IS and the camera though, some of these are a tad off center.

Interesting because my earrings look pretty good except leakage in the table and along the edges. But in person they are really very sparkly, maybe more so than my ring at times. So they appear to be very well cut....but the IS tells a slightly different story.
2.gif

The Regent of course is great looking, this picture is not 100% lined up straight so you can't see the top arrows but they are all there in reality. Some leakge under the table seems typical for Regents and slightly along the edges, but other than that the image under the scope (without camera) looks really hot.

1.gif
Anyone else got IS images of their own that they took of all their diamonds they'd like to post? I'm being brave here with the earrings, hee hee.

Enjoy!

First up is the Regent:

Regent IS better.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
First earring...arrows are visible but again I am not lining up 100%...adjusted brightness to slightly darken the reds to show the contrast. Also that's not a big white inclusion but rather a towel fiber since I just cleaned and dried the earrings for the pix.

Pictures of earrings are not bad but this is why in the future I will hand-pick my own earring studs....pre-set is always a little sketchy!!
2.gif

earring1 IS image.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd earring, this one tends to look better slightly than the 1st. Also I am better lined up here. Also darkened slightly for contrast.

earring2 IS image.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my e-ring as taken last month with the IdealScope under darker lighting...from the top down not bottom up. I was much better aligned here from what it looks like when compared with the next picture.

idealscope ering 1 brighter2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is tonite's....not seemingly as aligned as before though still excellent light return...so I guess that's a consistent thing.
1.gif
Slightly adjusted for contrast as well.

idealscope ering 2 nonaligned.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
And lastly, for fun...IS image of my melee in my e-ring...hard to tell if it's good or bad...but it's kind of cool looking.
1.gif
It looks like so much metal for such little stones...
rolleyes.gif

melee IS image.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mara Wrote:

2nd earring, this one tends to look better slightly than the 1st. Also I am better lined up here. Also darkened slightly for contrast.

Hey Mara...Actually IMO it almost looks like the second stone you posted has more blatant (white) leakage around the girdle around the perimeter and under the table than the first one you posted...
rolleyes.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fantastic Mara.
Amazing for $25 optics!!!

Your earrings are leaking Mara, but it is partial leakage - not a train smash.

I need to post the newest version of the IS instruction page.
I am under the hammer time wise at present.
If I emailed the word doc to someone - could I have a volunteeer to turn it into a jpeg or something postable?

It will answer a few questions - sent it to Laney today and she seemed happy about it
1.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Garry, if the new version needs an edit/rewrite, I'd be happy to give it a go later on today. I have no idea how to convert a Word doc into a jpeg, however.

FOODIE

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry, but shouldn't the Ideal Scope be used only when the diamond is loose, with the proper lighting behind the diamond and no obstructions?

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Garry - Can turn your doc into Jpeg - Do you want it via e-mail or posted here?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm tempted to take it to Joe Escobar to have them fix it....wonder if they'd know better than the gorilla did? Or maybe I should just ship it to GOG and have Jonathan do it, he's got hands-on experience with these things. Sheesh!
2.gif

Actually, the earrings do not look that bad at all ...I'm just used to looking at those stellar H&A images all the time on here!
1.gif

Josh, I though the 2nd picture has a better balance of more reds and blacks, seems they both have the same table leakage?

Funny add-on, last nite I was surfing around WF's site in their 'expert selection' area and I found some IS images that looked the same as my earrings if not a little worse!! I was surprised. So guess my earrings aren't half bad after all.
1.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have to do a series of screen shots to turn the word into jpeg because as a word doc it seems too wide to copy and paste into adobe or paint.
Anyone know how to do that?

BTW Mara- are they your legs?
They would go forever if it were not for the ground!

Ad yes foodie - the scope should have uninteruped light from below - but you can still get a general idea of cut quality with stronger back lighting
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not my legs!! Think Sarah Michelle Gellar playing Daphne. She's shorter than me though.
9.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/22/2003 3:15:49 PM Cut Nut wrote:

I have to do a series of screen shots to turn the word into jpeg because as a word doc it seems too wide to copy and paste into adobe or paint.
Anyone know how to do that?

1.gif
----------------

You can cut and paste directly into paint. If you can't see the whole document - due to say your resolution -- use word first - and use the ZOOM - and make it 75 or 50% so that you can see the whole word doc on the screen. Then once you paste it into paint - you can "cut" around the edges - then save it as a JPG w/ other program. I used MS photo editor (should be on your computer default. Made you a JPEG earlier but it's 123K - didn't have a second to re-size smaller. Will do if you like when I get home from work.

(oh yeah... supposed to be working now....)

Lemme know

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
also you can just do screen prints and then piece together.

Send to me when CG is done with her Scooby-editing..
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Really neat pics, Mara! What kind of camera do you have?? If I may be so bold as to ask??!! MORE shopping FOR ME!!!
9.gif

I especially liked your comment about them being sparkly looking despite not being Ideal cuts. My generics are sparkly too, but as I recently learned are deep cut. 27 points each that only measure 4.16mm and not the 4.25mm that they should.
15.gif
Of course, I didn't give away the farm to get them either.
naughty.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ I have a Sony CyberShot 3.2mp...I got it last October for my bday if you can believe it and now it's definitely nowhere near the coolest thing around. A tad big compared to the ones nowdays and it sucks for closeups, but it works great for pictures and the fun ring stuff. I definitely would love a Nikon or Canon digital with the macro lens etc...maybe in another year or so. I am always the one with the camera stuck to my eye during parties and the like. I love taking and seeing photographs, we have tons of them all over the house in Pottery Barn collage frames.
2.gif
Greg calls it 'relationship affirmation'...hee hee.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
That's the problem I am running into, Mara. A multi function, point and shoot, that I can use at football and softball games for distance shots and still get close ups too. Without breaking the bank of course. I've seem some kewl cameras but they are more for pros and the prices are too. HeeHee I saw a Fuji Fine Pix with 3.1/10x zoom, but I forgot to check if it has manual settings. Hummmm The search continues.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results