shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal scope or H&A image discussion

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
While I know enough to say this is not optimal, how “awful” is it if all other parameters are highly rated? It scored a 1.0 on HCA 2E3CF3B8-614F-4348-B192-8EA5F087E364.jpeg

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Not really that bad, per se. But not super duper.

I see one heart tail split (10 o'clock) and some girdle leakage (12 through 5 o'clock).

Chevron spacing near the arrow points isn't super tight and a couple of the chevrons are slightly skewed (8 and 10 o'clock).

May very well be a good performer if all the specs hash out quite well.

Got a shot of the arrows and maybe an ASET image?

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
Not really that bad, per se. But not super duper.

I see one heart tail split (10 o'clock) and some girdle leakage (12 through 5 o'clock).

Chevron spacing near the arrow points isn't super tight and a couple of the chevrons are slightly skewed (8 and 10 o'clock).

May very well be a good performer if all the specs hash out quite well.

Got a shot of the arrows and maybe an ASET image?

Oddly there are no arrow shots. Might be indicative of something. Diamond Foundry, which, according to my research, means their certs are in house. Is it possible to have hearts and no arrows? They graded it “ideal + hearts”. Might be a unicorn diamond. Lol. It did score high on HCA.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oddly there are no arrow shots. Might be indicative of something. Diamond Foundry, which, according to my research, means their certs are in house. Is it possible to have hearts and no arrows? They graded it “ideal + hearts”. Might be a unicorn diamond. Lol. It did score high on HCA.

Very interesting. Isn't DF the supplier for BN, NWD, or Ritani? I seem to remember one of those sellers mentioning DF on their website.

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
Very interesting. Isn't DF the supplier for BN, NWD, or Ritani? I seem to remember one of those sellers mentioning DF on their website.

This one is Ritani. I had Never even heard of them until I saw the cert for this stone and then looked them up. Beyond that, no idea? Ritani has a lot of sources for their stones according to what I have seen by looking at their inventory

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just reread my previous comment (hindsight stuff)...meant heart point, not arrow point.

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
I ordered that stone! It is in a rose gold setting. Here is the cert. it was only 4500 (and some change) and I am interested to see how it performs given all of the parameters. I’ll post when it arrives. If you think it is going to be awful, no worries share it. If I do not find it up to standards I can return it. I have some optimism?

F2F9A62A-3BED-43BC-AC9D-645EA6043D0C.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - Looks like a very well cut and proportioned example - love the specs.
Seems to lean a little gray/silver, which I find very appealing. GIA cert, to boot.

Rooting for you that it's a keeper!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stardusted the hearts and the HCA score indicate a diamond that would shine.
The debate about the precision of the hearts is a mind clean issue - not a cut performance issue.
There is a point where the human eyes can not tell vs what an arbitrary measure of technical precision.
Looking vs thinking.
Seeing vs knowing.

If you are after precision for the sake of precision then you simply must begin with D Flawless as well.

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
Stardusted the hearts and the HCA score indicate a diamond that would shine.
The debate about the precision of the hearts is a mind clean issue - not a cut performance issue.
There is a point where the human eyes can not tell vs what an arbitrary measure of technical precision.
Looking vs thinking.
Seeing vs knowing.

If you are after precision for the sake of precision then you simply must begin with D Flawless as well.

Thanks for weighing in. I don’t care about precision. I like flaws, in diamond and people..lol. That makes us unique. My hunt was for a good price without sacrificing too much sparkle, which is why I went lab over earth.
i am glad you think it will be a sparkler.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for weighing in. I don’t care about precision. I like flaws, in diamond and people..lol. That makes us unique. My hunt was for a good price without sacrificing too much sparkle, which is why I went lab over earth.
i am glad you think it will be a sparkler.

That is part of the process. Next you need to know if the diamond has high transparency. Graining from growth features and interruptions can be an issue, but there appears to be only a tiny bit in the video - so should be good to go.
Color as graded by an in house appraiser - not a lab - seems OK - But as DW mentioned - it is a grayish shade, not yellowish and most naturals are.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
It should be a perfectly beautiful diamond!

My two diamonds for my studs are ideal cut, hearts and arrows, and while there are small flaws that prevent them from being super ideal , they are fire crackers in real life! Jon at Distinctive Gems sourced these for me after a failed attempt to purchase a pair of Takara lab diamonds (which are super ideal cuts), he screened them to ensure that the inclusions and stria didn't affect the performance in a negative way.

LGBR91FVVS2GR-Hearts-01_1400x.jpg LGBR93FVS1GR-Hearts-01_1400x.jpg 20200917_151930 (2).jpg 20200917_110433 (2).jpg

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
It should be a perfectly beautiful diamond!

My two diamonds for my studs are ideal cut, hearts and arrows, and while there are small flaws that prevent them from being super ideal , they are fire crackers in real life! Jon at Distinctive Gems sourced these for me after a failed attempt to purchase a pair of Takara lab diamonds (which are super ideal cuts), he screened them to ensure that the inclusions and stria didn't affect the performance in a negative way.

LGBR91FVVS2GR-Hearts-01_1400x.jpg LGBR93FVS1GR-Hearts-01_1400x.jpg 20200917_151930 (2).jpg 20200917_110433 (2).jpg

They are gorgeous!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous!

Thank you! Yours will be lovely and sparkly as well, not "aweful" by any stretch.
Do post picures and your thoughts once you receive it!

Seeworld

Rough_Rock
Well, it is here! I am not a diamond expert, (lol far from it) but I love this stone. I can not be more pleased. Thanks for this awesome forum with the resources which helped me make a good choice

truly, it sparkles MUCH more than what this shows! ( first is shade, second is sunlight)

It's a very beautiful ring. Under the sunlight video, the center stone looks blue. I am curious what is the color grade?

Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's a very beautiful ring. Under the sunlight video, the center stone looks blue. I am curious what is the color grade?

Thank you!

Since there's no flourescence, probably environmental: reflecting the blue sky.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
No it does not look blue in regular light. Only in the sun. I have zero camera skills!

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
Since there's no flourescence, probably environmental: reflecting the blue sky.

Here is the first video I took of It when it arrived in the box. You can see the box has shielded the sky a little bit. (Sorry it is blurry!). That said, it picks up the black a bit here. Lol. The stone has a TON of fire, which is what I really wanted. It gives off so much rainbow it almost looks like a Moissanite. It is THAT colorful.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here is the first video I took of It when it arrived in the box. You can see the box has shielded the sky a little bit. (Sorry it is blurry!). That said, it picks up the black a bit here. Lol. The stone has a TON of fire, which is what I really wanted. It gives off so much rainbow it almost looks like a Moissanite. It is THAT colorful.

Ranks amongst the best I've seen - it's so alive!

Last edited:

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
Ranks amongst the best I've seen!

I think the Silver/gray you picked up on, combined with the rose setting and the heart cut makes it so fiery. I cannot wait to go to the store tomorrow to see it in spot lighting. Lol. It was worth the 30 year wait. Thanks for your thoughts and assistance in this forum. The cut advisor was essential for me to narrow down what look I wanted.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think the Silver/gray you picked up on, combined with the rose setting and the heart cut makes it so fiery. I cannot wait to go to the store tomorrow to see it in spot lighting. Lol. It was worth the 30 year wait. Thanks for your thoughts and assistance in this forum. The cut advisor was essential for me to narrow down what look I wanted.

It's a beautiful color combo and pleasant subtle contrast: your rose gold ring and your diamond with the silvery undertone. The whole package reminds me of one of those elegant antique/artisan mirrors made of polished metal.

Screenshot_20210629-215632.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You found a gorgeous stone, and I love the setting too!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
omg this is absolutely gorgeous, stunning, amazing! I love the halo and the rose gold. Your diamond is unbelievably sparkly!

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
omg this is absolutely gorgeous, stunning, amazing! I love the halo and the rose gold. Your diamond is unbelievably sparkly!

Thank you. It really does have a lot of fire!

james rodriguez

Rough_Rock
Can anyone comment on the H&A + ASET of this stone? idealscope.jpeg ASET.jpeg Hearts&Arrows.jpeg of this diamond? idealscope.jpeg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can anyone comment on the H&A + ASET of this stone? idealscope.jpeg ASET.jpeg Hearts&Arrows.jpeg of this diamond? idealscope.jpeg

You can learn about this variant on a round brilliant cut by searching for 8* and Eight Star diamonds etc on this forum - most threads will be 15-20 years old.
The upper girdle facets have been 'painted' - thats a bit complex a description.
But overall it is like a flavor of the best whisky's - some like single malt - some don't.
Anyway - it is good :)

I would want to make sure the stone does not have clouds as the major grade maker

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results