shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Cut Stone? 63% depth, 59% Table

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duaner82

Rough_Rock
Would this be an ideal cut stone? I have money down and this jeweler said he was going to lock it in, yet i''m now a little concerned that I''m gonna get a bad stone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Duane

avlis

Shiny_Rock
assuming a round stone, in my opinion, no, that is not ideal

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Table and depth are both out of ideal range. that doesn''t mean the stone isn''t pretty, but no, not ideal.

Click on "Knowledge" then "Advanced Tutorial" to learn about ideal cuts.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2008 12:04:24 PM
Author:duaner82
Would this be an ideal cut stone? I have money down and this jeweler said he was going to lock it in, yet i'm now a little concerned that I'm gonna get a bad stone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Duane
Welcome!

These proportions may be considered by some to be within what we call generic ideal cut range, but for a true finely crafted superideal - no. Some vendors can use the term ideal cut rather loosely, and it in no way guarantees you an actual ideal cut and top performing diamond. If you have ever considered buying online, it can be best to use a vendor such as Whiteflash, Good old Gold, Wink Jones, James Allen etc who have superbly cut diamonds in house. These diamonds are part of their inventory, and often the cut analysis is done, which takes a lot of the guesswork out of finding a beautifully cut diamond. Also you can use the search tool above, type in your desired specs and search for ASG0 cut grade and GIA Excellents, this takes a lot of the guesswork out of finding a pretty diamond. The crown and pavillion angles are also crucial to determine how well a diamond may perform and sparkle, so unfortunately it isn't as straightforward as picking a diamond which is said to be ideal cut, it may not be in fact anywhere near a great cut.

The diamond you are asking about has a bit too much depth than we normally see around here ( preferred can be 60% to 62.6 thereabouts), sometimes this can mean that the diamond wastes weight in the depth and can look small for it's carat weight. Also the table is a bit larger at 59% - 54- 57 is often preferred. We really need the crown and pavillion angles to further judge this diamond, but with the info given, I would say to pass unless you have seen it and love it, you can do better.

I would also suggest taking your time and read the tutorial at the top of the page under knowledge, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Also if you are considering buying online, we can either offer suggestions for you if you let us know your budget and what you are looking for, or post the proportions of the diamonds you may be considering at a jewellers etc, and we can advise you there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results