shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal cut for GIA certified diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mclapham

Rough_Rock
Given that we don't have crown/pavillion data for a GIA certified diamond, how do you determine whether its an ideal cut. Is the table/depth ratio sufficient along with looking at the symmetry and polish and culet, girdle?

Would this classify as ideal:
Depth: 60-62
Table:55-57

symmetry/polish of at least v.good

Culet: None, pointed, v.small, small, medium
Girdle: thin, med, slightly thick

Going to an independent jeweller, they only show me the GIA certificate, and all of them say its ideal if it meets the above specs. They don't have any other certifications.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
You cannot tell if a GIA certified diamond is an ideal cut unless you also have a Sarin report. The Table and Depth ranges that you quote are a good start, though!

aronsh

Rough_Rock
I am no expert, but I believe the only lab that can certify an ideal cut is the AGS lab

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can not tell - see the 60:60 section in the tutorial.

You can ask for the store to get a Sarin report on diamonds that seem to be the best spakliest, but some will not do it, or you can buy your own ideal-scope for $25 plus postage.

It is not easy I am afraid.

irish

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at a Princess cut diamond. The Table is 75% and the Depth is 69.7. Can you tell me if it is in good proportions ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results