color
clarity

ID-style Bracelet with re-modelled carre cut diamonds

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ID-style bracelet has arrived, and I love it! :love: :love: :love:

Background:

I have a ring that my mum gave to me that I seldom wear as it did not fit and prefer to wear my own EC rings. It has 6 carre cut diamonds in it.

She also purchased 2 loose diamonds from the same parcel with setting them in earrings for me in mind when she had the ring made nearly 40 years ago. All 8 diamonds weighed 2.768ct, with the largest being the loose stones measuring 4mm x 4mm.

A pic of the original ring:
6-stonesquarestepcut.jpg

Fast forward to 2016:

I was planning to have a DBTY bracelet made with 8 x 0.20ct stations, and decided against it as this style of bracelet may be too delicate for my chunky wrist and frame.

I decided on an ID-style bracelet for its chunkiness (I had one before and liked it), with the diamonds evenly spaced out on the plate with a Figaro chain, 7.75in in length, either in 14K WG or Platinum. Since I was supplying my own diamonds, I was able to afford platinum :bigsmile: .

Here is a pic of the CAD and the jeweller's pics taken using a phone:
qq______20160525205438.png
qq______20160702133542.jpg qq______20160702133551.jpg

Here are pics of my own taken using my phone:
idbracelet_01s.jpg
idbracelet_02s.jpg

Apart from one slight issue with the clasp being attached the wrong way round, an issue I tried to avoid in the first place by informing the jeweller that I shall always wear the bracelet on my right hand.

In hindsight, I should have been more specific and mentioned I would use my left thumb to pull the trigger open etc...

However, it is only a very minor issue, as I can flip the other end of the chain before attaching it to the clasp, and the chain will right itself when done up.

All in all, I am very happy with it, and have been wearing it all day. To me, it is very versatile, in that it can be worn day and night, on its own or bling up with more bracelets for dressier occasions.

Whether it will curb my desire for a bezel-set diamond tennis bracelet, only time will tell. However, right now, I shall enjoy wearing this bracelet as much as I can.

DK :love: :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super cool great way to reuse those stones!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! It is substantial and still feminine. A platinum bracelet is a luxury I want some day.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool... I really think it's gorgeous.

:love: :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I love how you repurposed the stones into your fabulous bracelet. I love it! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea! I'd love a substamtial platinum bracelet, too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Love it! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I've ever seen an ID bracelet like this before?! I really, really like it!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is really cool! Sorry about the clasp - that would be annoying. But the bracelet is awesome!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
That's lovely! It's so nice to see something new like that on PS. Wear it in good health!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
dk, love it! So original!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this and it looks amazing on you!!!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous! And doesn't it feel great to use something that was just sitting in the safe and feeling useless?

And well done on the platinum - I bet it feels super luxe! <3

Wear it in good health!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really love it, nice heafty size!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very cool way to repurpose the stones! It turned out beautifully! :appl: :appl: :appl: Such a great look too! Well done! :clap:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great way to use those stones! It looks like a piece that you can wear and never take off. A real signature piece. It looks lovely on you!!!!!!

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of your bracelet! So unique.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This is very cool!! Turned out fab!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I have been wearing it as much as a I could, even indoors at home in the evening! :love:

It has sentimental as well as nostalgic values - I was there with my mum and a distant relative who helped to choose the diamonds from a parcel.

I believe it has curbed my desire for a bezel-set tennis bracelet.

DK :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168, so modern and cool!! Congratulations on resetting it so that you can get a lot of wear out of it now. WEll done!!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
just PERFECT!!!

my favorite diamond bracelet on the forum!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just PERFECT!!!

my favorite diamond bracelet on the forum!

Thank you for the kind words!

Here you go, the underside of the middle section as requested via another thread.

20200924_183344.jpg

DK :))

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
massive massive thank you!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful way to re-purpose the diamonds into something you would wear!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your kind words!

This old thread was before we started having reaction scores and notifications, sorry!

Just a quick update that the issues with the length and the clasp have been resolved, in that one of the longer links had been taken out and the clasp reversed early this year, both free of charge courtesy of Simon Wright who made my MRB bangle!

And this bracelet did not curb my desire for a diamond tennis bracelet! :roll2: :lol-2:

DK :))

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Not a big bracelet fan, but this looks like something I would love to wear.
It looks comfortable and versatile.
Good way to re-use family stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results