shape
carat
color
clarity

I''d Rather Try on Bikinis...Pictures Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 2:15:48 PM
Author: Miscka
Date: 2/13/2008 1:17:23 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Ummm..I haven''t gone through the whole thread, but am I the only one that finds it disturbing that the thread has like 2000 views? Is it because Bikinis is in the title? Wowow! Haha.
Well that is one theory! LOL. More likely it is bc of people like me, who shamelessly lurk around looking at pretty dresses
12.gif

Good luck on your search Harleigh!

hmmmmmmmm...I had not considered this...but I am the same way. Haha.
1.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 12:34:07 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
9.gif
Now THAT made me laugh. It''s so true, isn''t it? We get so wrapped up and they couldn''t even notice half the time. Sad, indeed.
39.gif

Whenever it comes my time to look for a dress, I will have to channel your financial sensibilities ... my bf will love you for it.
2.gif
Hi Sparkalicious! I''m glad I can make you chuckle...that ability has come in handy on occasion!

I would love to send you my frugal vibes when it comes time to find a dress...just look me up!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 2:09:58 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Harleigh!!!!Don''t forget to take a camera tomorrow!! I bet you''ll have to snap pics in the dressing room again dangit.

Goodluck!!!
Hi Freke!
35.gif
I did remember the camera, and we took some pictures, but I don''t know if we got all of the fronts and backs of the dresses, but there was the cool 3-way mirrors, so I won''t have to inundate you guys with a ton of photos to go through. I''ll post below, and thanks for the well wishes!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Ummm..I haven''t gone through the whole thread, but am I the only one that finds it disturbing that the thread has like 2000 views? Is it because Bikinis is in the title? Wowow! Haha.
Huh...I hadn''t really thought about that. I just appreciate everyone who has been so great in trying to help me find a dress that I guess it doesn''t matter to me how I got them here, bikinis or not!
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 2:15:48 PM
Author: Miscka

Well that is one theory! LOL. More likely it is bc of people like me, who shamelessly lurk around looking at pretty dresses
12.gif

Good luck on your search Harleigh!
Thanks so much, Miscka! I appreciate your support!

Here come the new pictures, everybody!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
*grabs popcorn*

READY. SET. GO.
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Well, ladies, here goes nothing!

I tried on several dresses tonight, and though they didn't have the Maggie Sottero one I really wanted to try, they did have a Mori Lee dress that was a very similar silhouette, so I will post that and my other 2 favorites for you to vote on.

Please let me know what you think, and please also keep in mind that I was again chip-clipped into size 10's and 12's and I would get any of the following in ivory.

First up is a Moonlight Tango...I don't like the drapy thing in back, but this is easily removable.

Link to pix on model: http://www.moonlightbridal.com/frontend/proddetail.asp?pn=I-154&co=10000317

Tango-154.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 12:48:54 AM
Author: Gypsy
*grabs popcorn*

READY. SET. GO.
31.gif
ROFL!!! You are the best, Gypsy!

(Can I share your popcorn while the credits roll?)
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
By the way, what IS it with the dang bras they give you to wear? I swear mine was like a suit of armor under these dresses...we couldn''t even get near my waist with that thing on! Definitely NOT the most flattering of looks, I must say!

Thanks again for giving me your thoughts, everyone!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sitting here giving scores...Just imagine a gymnastics competition at the Olympics...

...5.5, 4.5, 5, 6...

(Those don't have any bearing on the actual dresses, I'm just being silly!)

ETA: I'm already liking these more than the last batch!
37.gif
I don't know if that's good or bad.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Harleigh ... I was waiting all day for this!
36.gif

Did you have a good time?

Time to vote!
emotion-19.gif

I say the MORI LEE aka # 3! Hands down the winner for me tonight! You look FANTASTIC in that dress!

Second runner up .. Moonlight Tango
Third runner up ... Casablanca

I'm sure that the Maggie Sottero would rank right up there with the Mori Lee, however, by default ... no pics on you ... disqualified.
25.gif

Which one did YOU like the best on?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 12:57:56 AM
Author: Harleigh

*grabs popcorn*

READY. SET. GO.
31.gif

9.gif

Definitely.

MORI LEE!!!

I can't get a FULL FRONTAL of the first, but what I see I'm liking A LOT. But the third is just KNOCK OUT ON YOU (and I can say that cause we got full frontal action going on there). I love the simplicty of the first one... and yet, despite the fact that I normaly dislike beading etc, I think my vote is going to NUMBER THREE. It looks amazing on you, I can TOTALLY see it in a garden, it's romantic, and feminine and sexy. I LOVE the hem details and once we find your waist under the armor it's going to be even MORE amazing. I'm LOVING it on you!

ETA: I figured out why I didn't pick number one. It's a gorgeous dress and a PERFECT style on you. But if it were any other color, it would work as a beautiful evening gown or a BM dress. It's not screaming bridal to me. The Mori Lee is a dress that says bridal, and it's amazing on you to boot!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:01:02 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m sitting here giving scores...Just imagine a gymnastics competition at the Olympics...

...5.5, 4.5, 5, 6...

(Those don''t have any bearing on the actual dresses, I''m just being silly!)

ETA: I''m already liking these more than the last batch!
37.gif
I don''t know if that''s good or bad.
LOL...my question is, what is the highest score possible? I''m not sure those 4''s and 5''s are going to get us anywhere as you only have 4 dresses to choose from this go-round!

I like this batch of dresses much better, too. I did try on the same Allure gown I liked the best from the first time and we didn''t like it this time around AT ALL!

I think once I get some votes on here, I will go back to the salon with my BM''s one more time and then go from there...ugh, what a process this is!

Thanks again for chiming in!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I really like #2! I think it really flatters your body and I looove the buttons down the back.

Next, #3. The gown itself is beautiful and I bet if it was tailored to you it would be stunning...but I don''t think the sample is flattering you as much as #2 did.

#1 is my least favorite. The waistband looks too thick, and the back looks sort of awkward to me. Perhaps it''s prettier in person, but it just isn''t grabbing me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Harleigh you look BEAUTIFUL. Now why did you scratch out your beautiful face?????????????

Linda

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:03:43 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Yay! Harleigh ... I was waiting all day for this!
36.gif

Did you have a good time?

Time to vote!
emotion-19.gif

I say the MORI LEE aka # 3! Hands down the winner for me tonight! You look FANTASTIC in that dress!

Second runner up .. Moonlight Tango
Third runner up ... Casablanca

I''m sure that the Maggie Sottero would rank right up there with the Mori Lee, however, by default ... no pics on you ... disqualified.
25.gif

Which one did YOU like the best on?
LOL...I''m so sorry to keep you waiting...I didn''t get home till after 8 and I am having a heck of a time downloading from my new camera without screwing everything up, so it was a bit slow going to be able to post them all in a timely fashion.

As for my preference, I truly love the Maggie Sottero one that NOBODY has in-store to try on! The Mori Lee is the closest I''ve seen in person, so that is definitely a contender, but it was of course the most pricey, but I think I could find it for a bit less at Pearl''s Place or the other place (can''t think of the name right now!) that several gals here have found their dresses at.

Thanks for all of your support, Sparkalicious! You are always so sweet, and I appreciate your input, too!
21.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:11:47 AM
Author: Octavia
I really like #2! I think it really flatters your body and I looove the buttons down the back.

Next, #3. The gown itself is beautiful and I bet if it was tailored to you it would be stunning...but I don''t think the sample is flattering you as much as #2 did.

#1 is my least favorite. The waistband looks too thick, and the back looks sort of awkward to me. Perhaps it''s prettier in person, but it just isn''t grabbing me.
Thanks, Octavia! I thought #2 was flattering, too...it would have looked a LOT better without that dang bra on underneath, but I wasn''t really given a choice about that, and they didn''t have one in my size, so I wrangled with the one they stuck me with!

I do like #3, also, I think because I really like the MS one that is so similar...I just have to decide if I''m willing to take a chance on either of these dresses and hope it ROCKS! (Just can''t make that leap quite yet, though!)

Looking at the pictures of #1 makes me like it less and less, but in person, the front was really flattering, but I don''t think as much as #2...it was the least expensive, though!

Thank you for voting!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:04:24 AM

Date: 2/14/2008 12:57:56 AM

*grabs popcorn*

READY. SET. GO.
31.gif

9.gif

Definitely.

MORI LEE!!!

I can''t get a FULL FRONTAL of the first, but what I see I''m liking A LOT. But the third is just KNOCK OUT ON YOU (and I can say that cause we got full frontal action going on there). I love the simplicty of the first one... and yet, despite the fact that I normaly dislike beading etc, I think my vote is going to NUMBER THREE. It looks amazing on you, I can TOTALLY see it in a garden, it''s romantic, and feminine and sexy. I LOVE the hem details and once we find your waist under the armor it''s going to be even MORE amazing. I''m LOVING it on you!

ETA: I figured out why I didn''t pick number one. It''s a gorgeous dress and a PERFECT style on you. But if it were any other color, it would work as a beautiful evening gown or a BM dress. It''s not screaming bridal to me. The Mori Lee is a dress that says bridal, and it''s amazing on you to boot!
Good points, Gypsy!

I think the one thing we didn''t care for on the Mori Lee was the ruffle on the bottom...it was a sort of a sheer accordian piece that didn''t thrill me, though the ladies at the salon liked it. If I were to get that one, I would actually consider having it removed, but it would depend on what it looked like in MY size when I got it!
3.gif

I agree with you in that I think it would look good for a garden wedding...it was fairly comfortable and had a very feminine look, which is not my usual style, but could be fun on my wedding day!

Thanks again for taking time to look at the pix and chiming in...you know I value your opinion!
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 12:45:26 AM

Ummm..I haven't gone through the whole thread, but am I the only one that finds it disturbing that the thread has like 2000 views? Is it because Bikinis is in the title? Wowow! Haha.

Huh...I hadn't really thought about that. I just appreciate everyone who has been so great in trying to help me find a dress that I guess it doesn't matter to me how I got them here, bikinis or not!
31.gif

Haha you know it's just because they
30.gif
30.gif
you!

ETA: I like number 3 on the most recent ones!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:13:27 AM

The Mori Lee is the closest I''ve seen in person, so that is definitely a contender, but it was of course the most pricey, but I think I could find it for a bit less at Pearl''s Place or the other place (can''t think of the name right now!) that several gals here have found their dresses at.
I just ordered mine tonight from Netbride. For Mon Cheri they couldn''t go lower than the manufacturer''s suggested price themselves, but would match if I found the dress advertised for less somewhere else. So I googled, found it cheap on another (random) site, emailed Paula over there, and BAM, price match. Same price (same shipping as the other site but it was reasonable) as the other site, with the reputation of Netbride. I''m thrilled... I saved $350 over the salon price. Plus they''ve got fabulous reviews ( projectwedding.com )

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:12:25 AM
Author: Linda W
OMG Harleigh you look BEAUTIFUL. Now why did you scratch out your beautiful face?????????????

Linda
Hi, Sweet Linda! How are you?

Do you have any preferences of the 4 dresses? You know I value your opinion!

As for my face...um, well, um, I didn''t know the picture was being taken at the time and/or that my face was included in said pictures, and, well, I really wasn''t ready...the looks on my face did not have a very "bride-like" look to them, and I didn''t want my facial expression to sway anyone on the dresses as often happens in pictures if you''re caught smiling, grimacing, etc... I was going for the impartial vote!

Truly, though, I think many here on PS have seen what I look like already, so I figured everyone could just imagine I had a lovely, glowing smile on my face in each and every dress! (NOT!!! I hate having my picture taken, and it REALLY shows in the pictures, so blurred out it goes!)

Sorry!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:25:58 AM

Date: 2/14/2008 12:45:26 AM

Huh...I hadn''t really thought about that. I just appreciate everyone who has been so great in trying to help me find a dress that I guess it doesn''t matter to me how I got them here, bikinis or not!
31.gif

Haha you know it''s just because they
30.gif
30.gif
you!

ETA: I like number 3 on the most recent ones!!
36.gif
Well, I don''t know about that, but I am thrilled to have everyone here helping me with this ordeal! I''m honestly not sure where I''d be if I hadn''t found PS!

Thanks for the vote...I''m keeping track over here, wishing I had Gypsy''s popcorn...extra butter!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 6 is the best you can get in Olympic Gymnastics. But it''s been a long time since I''ve watched, so who knows.

Dress 1 has my vote. I think the reason is because with the thicker straps, you can get away with a more substantial and supportive undergarment. Plus, I love the style on you.

I don''t like dress 2 because the banding that goes around your torso goes up too far on the ladies, which usually signals that it''s just not big enough for the ladies. I think it''s a gorgeous dress, but because it''s so similar to 1, and 1 seems to fit better...you get the picture.

I really like dress 3, I think it''s really pretty. And probably my second favorite, very feminine and romantic. Ok I just changed my mind, I like 3 more than the other two. I decided after looking again that dress 1''s bodice makes your body look shorter. And speaking as a fellow short person, I like any length I can get. Dress 3 doesn''t break up the lines of your body at all. Plus, I love sparklies!!!!!!!!!!

#3. That''s my final decision and I''m not going back to fix my comments up top. Ok, so what kind of shoes do you want.
31.gif
I love shoe shopping...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:27:32 AM

Date: 2/14/2008 1:13:27 AM

The Mori Lee is the closest I''ve seen in person, so that is definitely a contender, but it was of course the most pricey, but I think I could find it for a bit less at Pearl''s Place or the other place (can''t think of the name right now!) that several gals here have found their dresses at.
I just ordered mine tonight from Netbride. For Mon Cheri they couldn''t go lower than the manufacturer''s suggested price themselves, but would match if I found the dress advertised for less somewhere else. So I googled, found it cheap on another (random) site, emailed Paula over there, and BAM, price match. Same price (same shipping as the other site but it was reasonable) as the other site, with the reputation of Netbride. I''m thrilled... I saved $350 over the salon price. Plus they''ve got fabulous reviews ( projectwedding.com )
Thanks so much for the resources, Gypsy! I have already found it much cheaper online, so I will keep track and when I decide, go with the lowest I can find! I''ll keep you posted!

Congrats, too, BTW, on ordering your new dress! Any luck with the sale of your Rivini?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I switched out the popcorn for 72% belgian dark chocolate and a bottle of Zin. I needed something fortifying. I've been mood swinging (PMSing, but I'll never admit it), and desperately needed it.

Nope. No luck with the Rivini. I accidently hit relist on it on ebay again, meaning to relist the candlesticks I was also selling instead, but multitasking at work. The minute the auction is done, if it hasn't sold, I'm whisking it off to preownedweddingdresses.com for sure. Who know, maybe sophie will end up buying ...lol.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh,all of those dress look great on you. I am so happy that you found a salon with better options. Dress 1 and 2 remind me of an Ann Barge dress I tried on. I like both, but for your dw, I would go with dress #3. Of course I will keep my fingers crossed for that MS dress you liked.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo what a thrill...
36.gif
you finally went out and tried some on!! The crowd goes crazy!!

I am so frustrated they don''t have one in your size to try on...because your figure is ten times better than those models and you would put them ALL to shame. Chip clipped...and you still look great!

I too say Mori Lee
36.gif
. I like how the detail accentuates your waist and in the correct size your upper assets will look fabulous. I do like the booty detail on it too. I mean the lace compliments that area. Those lines are there to showcase your figure and it works. In all your other dresses I think you have chosen Lacy, feminine details...the other two tonight are sophisticated and quite elegant, but because I have seen your previous choices, I seem to see you in lace and beading. So the Mori just feels right for you, to me.

I do also like the one you didn''t get a chance to try on. The Maggie. It looks nice from the back too. I has a touch more modern bride line to it...whereas the Mori has more traditional expression. The Maggie gives you a lower hip detail that will be booty great from the back with the little folds of material of the hip detail...and the top is lovely. You have so many great assets in your little frame...and your little booty is something you should showcase and not neglect!

My vote...is the #3.
30.gif
You really look incredible in it!! Yeah!!

But I am willing
2.gif
to take a peek at the Maggie if you can get a fitting...
don''t allow that comment to discourage you...it isn''t my intention. That mori is fabu!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results