carat
color
clarity

ID jewelry

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not end up buying from them.
I worked with yekutiel both times. Once was in person when I was visiting new york in 2016 and once was more recently over email. The first time I was inquiring about a new wedding band for my self and an engagement ring for a family member. I'd rather not say what I was asking about recently because it was very recent.

I'm sorry is even posting something negative about them not allowed? Was just wondering if I'm the only one who has had a less than stellar experience and wanted others to know to just approach with caution, despite the flood of positive reviews. I didnt feel like the experience was any different from a visit to LAs notorious diamond mart where I went before I was engaged to look around with my fiance, but knew we would be swindled and didnt buy

@yasssss, it can be hard to post about negative experiences here when you are talking about a vendor that many people love. I have posted about my not so great experiences on PS a few times about vendors that other people love, and while I understand that other people have not had the same experiences that I did, having what felt like the world pile on and shout me down about their good experiences made me feel that this negated or minimized my not so stellar one. Some people even made me feel that maybe I was the problem - and I've seen this happen to other people as well. People develop relationships with vendors and get protective of them here, and we've seen it time and time again even when something more than a one-off might be going on (not that I'm suggesting this about IDJ, but there have been these kinds of issues with other vendors who were eventually taken off the recommended list). It's also hard to say negative things when you know that vendors are here and will see what you have said. Sometimes that just feels like too much drama to get involved in, and I think that also shuts people down.

I think the truth is that no one can be perfect all of the time. And sometimes vendor/consumer relationships don't click for whatever reason (not everyone will be a good fit for everyone). Sometimes I also think that there are repeat customers who understandably get VIP treatment, and that this may not be the same as what a run of the mill, one time customer might get. But I think it is always helpful to say what your experience is, whatever it is, because at the end of the day this is a consumer forum and having a balanced view of vendors is not a bad thing.

I hope you will feel comfortable to come back and post.

Greenie9876

Rough_Rock
I've bought three pieces now from ID Jewelry and all three are knockouts! One piece in 2012 (e-band rounds), one in 2016 (e ring upgrade), and now one in 2019 (e-band asscher). Each piece is absolutely gorgeous.

The service and communication has always been top notch and the stones are excellent quality for the best price!

img_0626_0.jpg 2012-04-14 10 00 35 (3).jpg IMG-2014.JPG

NickSMU17

Rough_Rock
What size are the eternity rings if you don’t mind me asking? Doing some Xmas shopping for the wife and have a proposal from ID and think yours are really stunning.

thanks in advance!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greenie987 hasnt been on since March. Hopefully she'll see your post though.

Not an eternity but the stones in my 7 stone ring are 20 pointers in a size 7 I believe (from IDJ).
This second is a "real life" view of 20 pointers.

NickSMU17

Rough_Rock
Should I be concerned at all with how high the ring will be considering her engagement ring is a 4 prong solitaire? I am looking at 2.5-3 ct on the eternity

or is there anything else I should be thinking about before purchasing?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should I be concerned at all with how high the ring will be considering her engagement ring is a 4 prong solitaire? I am looking at 2.5-3 ct on the eternity

or is there anything else I should be thinking about before purchasing?

You might want to start a new thread of your own, more people would view it and offer advice!

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone

I'll admit, i was a little overwhelmed by all the responses and didnt think that my experiences would be called into question. Didnt mean to create controversy. I truly do appreciate Yekutiels response and am so glad that so many people have had great experiences with them. I just feel like they arent right for me. I had one more experience. Some time ago, i contacted them about upgrading my band. they offered me a certain amount for the band, and charge the difference for the upgrade. My husband wanted to know the true cost of the upgraded ring (if you were to purchase it outright without doing an upgrade) and contacted the same person at IDJ, asked for the price of the ring- same specs and everything , and it was substantially lower. The math really didnt add up. Like I basically was getting a few hundred dollar discount for trading in my ring, when i was being told i was getting a pretty substantial credit. I felt this wasnt fair. But maybe its standard when upgrading? In any case , I only went to IDJ so many times because they are so loved here on PS. Maybe ill visit them in person again in the future and feel differently, because i do find their work beautiful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results