shape
carat
color
clarity

ID Jewelry and designing custom halo help please!

Capnbob12

Rough_Rock
I am new to posting, but I have been lurking for a while. We are planning on resetting my 1.5 carat RB diamond in a cushion halo, and I originally fell in love with some Lauren B designs. From my lurking, I kept seeing ID Jewelry come up, and it seems like Yekutiel makes some beautiful jewelry. I emailed them last Wednesday and still haven't heard back. I also left a voicemail on Monday, and again, nothing. Is this common? Has this happened to anyone else? I had one conversation with Yekutiel and really wanted to use him and was excited about it, and now I'm nervous due to lack of response. Would still love to use, if you guys recommend.

Now for the fun stuff - I would love any advice you can give. I want the halo to be significant enough that it makes a difference in the overall appearance of the diamond, but not so big that it takes away from the diamond. What size melee do you recommend? Here is a picture of my current ring. Finger size is 4.5
IMG_4812.jpg

Here is me wearing a Michael M ring with the center stone slightly smaller than mine (they weren't sure of exact size). I like the shape of the halo. Is that something that I would be able to get specific about?
IMG_5442.PNG
And then here is the overall look I love (I want diamonds on the band), but I would like the cushion slightly more rounded.
IMG_5013.PNG
I also would love some profile shots of halos. This look is my favorite right now (obviously I don't have a 2.5 carat diamond haha), but please send me other pictures if you have suggestions! Thanks guys!
IMG_5309.PNG

Girl505

Rough_Rock
They were closed Monday and Tuesday this week, I know that. I also know they get very busy. Maybe try calling again today.

The Stig

Rough_Rock
Take a look at my recent posts as he just completed a custom design Halo setting for me at an incredible price. IDJ were closed on Monday and Tuesday due to the Jewish holidays. They were also closed most of last week for Yom Kippur. They will probably be closed again on Monday and Tues of next week for more Jewish holidays. They re-opened yesterday and are open today and tomorrow. I went in yesterday to inspect my completed setting, and looked like skeleton staff due to the shortened weeks. I recommend just calling again today and he will sort you out. I can imagine they must be backlogged due to the holidays. Remember to mention you want Pricescope quality.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have said, Jewish holidays pretty much closed down the NY diamond district last week (and other misc days this month). Given them a call and speak directly to Yekutiel. It’s getting to be crazy season for them, so I’m glad you’re starting now!

Oh, you want a cushion-shaped halo with melee on the top and sides of the halo, then triple melee on the bridge, shoulders and cathedral arms, then regular melee on the stems.

*A word of caution... that’s a LOT of melee, so if you’re not delicate in your daily life and in a career that is rather sedentary you might want to rethink your plan.

Last edited:

Capnbob12

Rough_Rock
As others have said, Jewish holidays pretty much closed down the NY diamond district last week (and other misc days this month). Given them a call and speak directly to Yekutiel. It’s getting to be crazy season for them, so I’m glad you’re starting now!

Oh, you want a cushion-shaped halo with melee on the top and sides of the halo, then triple melee on the bridge, shoulders and cathedral arms, then regular melee on the stems.

*A word of caution... that’s a LOT of melee, so if you’re not delicate in your daily life and in a career that is rather sedentary you might want to rethink your plan.

I didn't even think of all of this. You guys are so helpful - thank you! I have three kids under four. I would love to have it be infinity, but you think that's not practical? Would 3/4 be better? What would you suggest? Thank you so much!

Capnbob12

Rough_Rock
Take a look at my recent posts as he just completed a custom design Halo setting for me at an incredible price. IDJ were closed on Monday and Tuesday due to the Jewish holidays. They were also closed most of last week for Yom Kippur. They will probably be closed again on Monday and Tues of next week for more Jewish holidays. They re-opened yesterday and are open today and tomorrow. I went in yesterday to inspect my completed setting, and looked like skeleton staff due to the shortened weeks. I recommend just calling again today and he will sort you out. I can imagine they must be backlogged due to the holidays. Remember to mention you want Pricescope quality.

So helpful and so good to hear you had a good experience. The ring is BEAUTIFUL! Did you have any issues? Was it exactly how you wanted it?

Also, your proposal sounds amazing! I'm excited for you (but maybe more excited for your girlfriend)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't even think of all of this. You guys are so helpful - thank you! I have three kids under four. I would love to have it be infinity, but you think that's not practical? Would 3/4 be better? What would you suggest? Thank you so much!
I wouldn’t do it. I’d put away this design until they’re teenagers, so whatever anniversary would be around that time. For now, I think a halo is fine and maybe even melee on the shoulders, but with all of the pee, poop, play-doh, finger painting, puddle jumping, flower planting, mud throwing, sports practice, etc that will be happening over the next dozen years it will just take so much abuse and get dirty All The Time that the simpler the design the better, for now. Most people with young kids and the kind of ring in your photos end up putting it away except for special occasions until the kids are pretty self-sufficient.

If you do decide to go with a halo and melee elsewhere, I’d reach out to Victor Canera. His rings are solidly hand-forged and can take a beating. Plus, he’ll absolutely stand behind the quality of his rings so if you have issues with melee, etc in the future I highly doubt he’d hesitate to help you. Explain to him what you like/want, that you have four young kids, and ask his opinion on settings that would work given all of that. You can trust him =)2

The Stig

Rough_Rock
So helpful and so good to hear you had a good experience. The ring is BEAUTIFUL! Did you have any issues? Was it exactly how you wanted it?

Also, your proposal sounds amazing! I'm excited for you (but maybe more excited for your girlfriend)

I had absolutely zero issues with IDJ. I worked with both Shulamit and Yeikutel, and both were absolutely incredible. They really did bend over backwards for me, and were very patient with me when I was pushing back on the initial wax models. They accommodated everything I asked for, and were always honest with me. i.e. they actually recommended white gold for the setting, but I insisted on Platinum. They explained why they thought white gold would be better for my setting, but still accommodated going with Platinum with full confidence that they could deliver. I was initially concerned that with their price being significantly lower than the Victor Canero's of the world, that maybe I would get what I paid for in terms of "not the best craftsmanship"; but this ended up being furthest from the truth. I think they absolutely nailed it, and to my fussy eyes, the final product seems absolutely flawless and exactly what I wanted. Yekuitel even called me up to assure me that he was 100% confident that the setting would meet and exceed my expectations when I was posting initial concerns on this site. What truly good people, and I plan to bring my SO in to meet them after the proposal.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I too had a round and ended up going with a halo cushion shape. I love wearing it! It was made by Maytal Hannah, you should contact her, she's very responsive and easy to work with.
www.maytalhannah.com
Here are a few photos of my ring.
IMG_3403.png IMG_5391.jpg IMG_3483.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results