shape
carat
color
clarity

Icy mountain proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aaftabj

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I was thinking of proposing at sunset, on a small (semi-private) lake shore, where we will have a little cabin (Upstate NY). Now, the setting sun will hit the stone well, so I am not worried about that. But here''s a more unorthodox idea, let me know what you think.

Proposing by moonlight... if it''s a clear day with a lot of moon. I suppose I should look at the stone at night for the effect (hard to do in a well lit city.)

OR Proposing at night, with a flashlight... the stone will be the most sparkly thing for miles... unless you count the frozen lake.

Thanks,
aaftabj

P.S. Do you think the temperature would be a problem... it''ll be near freezing, and I imagine that she would not be inclined to take her glove off for too long. She does like walks though, and she''s a Wisconsin girl... she''s ok with cold in general. I will be sensible about this... no windchill, no snow. That would move matters indoors.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Yeah for a fellow wisconsin girl !!!!

I like the idea of it being at night, providing you know your way around that it goes smoothly, are there trails or paths.. plus the element of the stars. I have never been to NY, but upstate isnt as bright right? plus you can come back to the cabin and have some hot coco by the fire or something. it isnt like you have to be out in the cold all night...
i say if she doesnt mind the cold weather why not...... and really is she suspects something the cold will be the last thing on her mind!

GoodLuck!

aaftabj

Rough_Rock
Anyone else? How do diamonds (asschers) look by moonlight. Are they practically invisible, or can you still see a few flashes?Should I have a flashlight handy?

The date is coming soon!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
My first choice would be sunset. I think all the colors of the sunset, mixed with the sparkly ring, will be beautiful. I do like the idea of moonlight too, sounds romantic, but I think you may want to check it out and make sure she''ll be able to see everything and how the area is in the dark, how much light does moonlight provide??
Good luck!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I was proposed to outside in the winter in upstate NY, so I love all that part of it!!!
9.gif
There was at least a foot of snow, but I knew we were going for a walk so we were dressed warmly and we just didn''t stay seated/still for that long so I think as long as you don''t plan on sitting out there for a long time, the cold shouldn''t matter! I thought it was cozy!

As for sunset vs. night...I really don''t know! I think either could be great, as long as she''ll have access to really bright lighting shortly after the flashlight viewing.
3.gif
That sounds very romantic, but you knowww she''s going to want to get a better look as soon as she can!! But if it''s 20 or 30 minutes later, by which point you''d be cold outside anyway, I think that''s fine! Good luck!!!
9.gif

aaftabj

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses... the weather forecast isn''t so great... looks like it will be too cold for a night time proposal... so it will be at sunset (if the sun shows, that is...)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results