shape
carat
color
clarity

Icy’s CS adventures

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous colour! Looks like a gumdrop :)

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Do you like the set and is your husband an adult fan of lego too? I bought this to build but my kids ended up making most of the set and the bonsai set as well. Anyway I really love this set ;)2
Oh yes, he is a true AFOL! His collections now take up a whole hobby room in the basement! Some weekends we do a LEGO kit together, but he is the real fanatic. Our kids left the nest years ago (they are in their late 30s) so it's just us two playing with bricks! I love these new flower kits - we have the Bonsai but I haven't done yet. I hope that LEGO comes out with more of these flower kits - they are so realistic that from a distance you wouldn't notice they weren't the real thing. Since we have cats in the house that nibble everything living (well, even LEGO at times) LEGO bouquets are a nice alternative.

Now back on topic... I am in love with your "watery" jade cabs, they are just so delicious to look at. So soft and dreamy.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That “watery” cab is beautiful!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s so watery, you know what it reminds me of? An omega 3 gel capsule.

What a gorgeous colour! Looks like a gumdrop :)

That “watery” cab is beautiful!

Now back on topic... I am in love with your "watery" jade cabs, they are just so delicious to look at. So soft and dreamy.

Thank you @peacechick @Ionysis @caf and @finerthings!

Balcony:
15F1C0BC-2F9B-4CE9-8B51-3600D181BFAE.jpeg

Indoors:
AA01A25B-3F1E-4499-97A3-E6E3C6364A52.jpeg

Am still unsure how to set the cab (umm actually all my loose jadeite cabs) but still nice to take out now and then to see.

Oh yes, he is a true AFOL! His collections now take up a whole hobby room in the basement! Some weekends we do a LEGO kit together, but he is the real fanatic. Our kids left the nest years ago (they are in their late 30s) so it's just us two playing with bricks! I love these new flower kits - we have the Bonsai but I haven't done yet. I hope that LEGO comes out with more of these flower kits - they are so realistic that from a distance you wouldn't notice they weren't the real thing. Since we have cats in the house that nibble everything living (well, even LEGO at times) LEGO bouquets are a nice alternative.

Oh!!! I wish to have a basement full of Lego too. I love the modular series (I have all starting with market street) and also the Harry Potter ones but honestly right now I just have too many and really should sell as I don’t have room to play. Did you see the new Van Gogh (Starry Night) set that they plan to produce?

I think lego is just too good at making me spend money.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Oh!!! I wish to have a basement full of Lego too. I love the modular series (I have all starting with market street) and also the Harry Potter ones but honestly right now I just have too many and really should sell as I don’t have room to play. Did you see the new Van Gogh (Starry Night) set that they plan to produce?

I think lego is just too good at making me spend money.

LOL My husband has the whole street as well, including the first Market St and Cafe Corner too. He is a big collector and even does his own builds... He did Addams Family Manison and we traveled to Bilund, DE a couple of years ago because it was chosen to be displayed at the LEGO House. Fun visit, and incredible "museum" for all things LEGO! We spent a whole day playing there! That Van Gogh one looks so wonderful and I can't wait to do it. Over Christimas we built the Colosseum and I didn't enjoy it that much because of the repetitive nature of the build, although the finished product looks great... reminded me of the London Bridge monotonus build. My goodness, we could go on talking about LEGO couldn't we!! Happy building!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LOL My husband has the whole street as well, including the first Market St and Cafe Corner too. He is a big collector and even does his own builds... He did Addams Family Manison and we traveled to Bilund, DE a couple of years ago because it was chosen to be displayed at the LEGO House. Fun visit, and incredible "museum" for all things LEGO! We spent a whole day playing there! That Van Gogh one looks so wonderful and I can't wait to do it. Over Christimas we built the Colosseum and I didn't enjoy it that much because of the repetitive nature of the build, although the finished product looks great... reminded me of the London Bridge monotonus build. My goodness, we could go on talking about LEGO couldn't we!! Happy building!

We definitely can!! Lol. I used to have a lego blog and do my own MOCs too (but they aren’t very good haha). Alas... kids and life came along. Would love to see pics of your Lego basement/MOCs if you are willing to share.

Bilund!!! Did you get to visit the vault? Hope to go on the Lego tour one day.

Yeah am not into repetitive builds too. I dunno how my husband could stand building the Stars Wars UCS sets. The builds are so boring compared to the ones I like.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
We definitely can!! Lol. I used to have a lego blog and do my own MOCs too (but they aren’t very good haha). Alas... kids and life came along. Would love to see pics of your Lego basement/MOCs if you are willing to share.

Bilund!!! Did you get to visit the vault? Hope to go on the Lego tour one day.

Yeah am not into repetitive builds too. I dunno how my husband could stand building the Stars Wars UCS sets. The builds are so boring compared to the ones I like.

Yep, we went into the basement Vault with all the old sets and it was really interesting to see how the sets have evolved over time. You will have so much fun touring the whole House when you get to go on the trip, even the restaurant is fun where the meal gets delivered inside a big LEGO style box. The huge tree in the center of the LEGO House is amazing, I could have stared all day at that! I agree about the Star Wars sets, I don't care at all for them, but my husband has them... just because he can't stop collecting! When he rolls his eyes about my jewelry collection all I have to do is mention LEGO and he shuts up!

Here are a couple of my husband's builds:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yep, we went into the basement Vault with all the old sets and it was really interesting to see how the sets have evolved over time. You will have so much fun touring the whole House when you get to go on the trip, even the restaurant is fun where the meal gets delivered inside a big LEGO style box. The huge tree in the center of the LEGO House is amazing, I could have stared all day at that! I agree about the Star Wars sets, I don't care at all for them, but my husband has them... just because he can't stop collecting! When he rolls his eyes about my jewelry collection all I have to do is mention LEGO and he shuts up!

Here are a couple of my husband's builds:

Omg your hb is insanely talented!!

I was watching the lego house documentary with my kids last December and yeah rem the tree is huge. Wah... you got to go to the vault! Did you get to see your first LEGO set? That’s what I want to do if I do get to go haha. Dream... but yeah tough choices for me... LEGO trip or bling... hmm

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Omg your hb is insanely talented!!

I was watching the lego house documentary with my kids last December and yeah rem the tree is huge. Wah... you got to go to the vault! Did you get to see your first LEGO set? That’s what I want to do if I do get to go haha. Dream... but yeah tough choices for me... LEGO trip or bling... hmm
Thank you for your nice comment @icy_jade, I think he is talented too, but compared to some of those other LEGO designers he feels he is just a beginner!

From what I understand about the Vault, it is open to everyone, well at least it was when we were there. There is a room just at the entrance to the vault that has a really nice movie to watch about the history of LEGO.

Here is a neat picture of the wall outside the vault, it's a wall of LEGO pieces that form a picture with the word "LEGO". Really cool!

IMG_3758.JPG

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@icy_jade I just looked up that there is a secret vault inside the public basement vault... but we did not see that vault! :( I had no idea that it existed! Boohoo!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I just looked up that there is a secret vault inside the public basement vault... but we did not see that vault! :( I had no idea that it existed! Boohoo!!

Ah!! Maybe that secret vault is just for the lego tour participants? Apparently there is another even more secret and bigger vault where you need to wear gloves to handle the boxes and is not open to the public at all.

Anyway to me your lego basement is already a dream to visit... do you have a whole city layout (like the Lego movie one)?

And I found some pics of my old MOCs! Not very good but I modularised the town set:

A53DF686-89CF-42DD-A78B-09906ABEEEDB.jpeg
D67D3D28-8FC2-4B4C-AB2A-E20FF78C5161.jpeg

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Ah!! Maybe that secret vault is just for the lego tour participants? Apparently there is another even more secret and bigger vault where you need to wear gloves to handle the boxes and is not open to the public at all.

Anyway to me your lego basement is already a dream to visit... do you have a whole city layout (like the Lego movie one)?

And I found some pics of my old MOCs! Not very good but I modularised the town set:

A53DF686-89CF-42DD-A78B-09906ABEEEDB.jpeg
D67D3D28-8FC2-4B4C-AB2A-E20FF78C5161.jpeg
Wow @icy_jade your MOCs are really very good, you should continue to hone your skill! My hb spends many hours planning, building then taking apart his creations until he thinks its good enough. It takes a brain that can think 3 dimensionally... something I can't do! BTW I did notice the rare gold chrome minifigure in the first MOC! They are hard to find!

Our LEGO street is all on one long shelf, my hb installed mini lights inside/outside the buildings. He has many shelves and stands for his LEGOs. The room used to be an unfinished basement, but before we moved, one of the necessary renovations had to be the completion of a hobby room for his collection and tinkering. He let me post two pictures that he took in 2017 (it has grown since then). The street is so long he had to piece two pics together to get a shot of the street. The black vertical lines you see above the street are just wall brackets for the shelving above.

I bet all the Pricescopers are so tired of us talking about LEGO! Sorry I got it all started, but I guess since this is your thread I'm in the clear!

Happy building!

Day view:
1614358228533.png

Night view:
1614358397195.png

Wow @icy_jade your MOCs are really very good, you should continue to hone your skill! My hb spends many hours planning, building then taking apart his creations until he thinks its good enough. It takes a brain that can think 3 dimensionally... something I can't do! BTW I did notice the rare gold chrome minifigure in the first MOC! They are hard to find!

Our LEGO street is all on one long shelf, my hb installed mini lights inside/outside the buildings. He has many shelves and stands for his LEGOs. The room used to be an unfinished basement, but before we moved, one of the necessary renovations had to be the completion of a hobby room for his collection and tinkering. He let me post two pictures that he took in 2017 (it has grown since then). The street is so long he had to piece two pics together to get a shot of the street. The black vertical lines you see above the street are just wall brackets for the shelving above.

I bet all the Pricescopers are so tired of us talking about LEGO! Sorry I got it all started, but I guess since this is your thread I'm in the clear!

Happy building!

Day view:
1614358228533.png

Night view:
1614358397195.png

O. M. G. This is amazing! Sooo cool!! Did you already memtion how long it took to build that?

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
O. M. G. This is amazing! Sooo cool!! Did you already memtion how long it took to build that?
Hi @AnastasiaBeaverhausen, the street constists of separate LEGO building kits, and LEGO has been releasing a new kit every year or so since 2007. My hb has been collecting them since then, and each house is very easy to build following the instructions... takes a day. He then wires the buildings and that takes a few hours each house. We usually work on a house together, he'll do a floor, I'll do another floor etc. We really enjoy the time together and usually put on a recorded TV drama series to watch while we build! I never would have thought that two people in their 60's would play with LEGO together in their spare time... but we do! :)

Hi @AnastasiaBeaverhausen, the street constists of separate LEGO building kits, and LEGO has been releasing a new kit every year or so since 2007. My hb has been collecting them since then, and each house is very easy to build following the instructions... takes a day. He then wires the buildings and that takes a few hours each house. We usually work on a house together, he'll do a floor, I'll do another floor etc. We really enjoy the time together and usually put on a recorded TV drama series to watch while we build! I never would have thought that two people in their 60's would play with LEGO together in their spare time... but we do! :)

What a wonderful project for you two to do together. You get to spend quality time together and have something beautiful and awesome to show for it after.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Happy building!

Day view:
1614358228533.png

Night view:
1614358397195.png

Yeah my thread so I think ok to go off topic. Plus always nice to meet a fellow AFFOL.

Thanks for sharing your Modular street! It’s beautiful!

I just like to pick up pieces and build without planning. But that was many years ago! Before I had kids and work became even more stressful. Nowadays when I try to build my kids take over (or rather they offer to help), plus I just don’t have space! So I stopped for a long time though I still love to play with Lego.

The chrome pic is from a keychain!! You can see the loop at the top of the head haha.

Love what both you and your husband is doing together. Sounds like a dream retirement to me :kiss2: I think I will have space to play again once my kids are grown up and move out hahahah

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

822224 822222 822223 822220

Rubies have been on my mind quite a bit recently... random snaps of various ones I’ve tried. All unheated. From various locations - Burmese, Thai, Tanzania, and of course Mozambique. Can you tell which from where based on the color?

@CircularBrilliant had been having the same dilemma when you were thinking about yours too except I had a few more to lose sleep over :P2

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock

822224 822222 822223 822220

Rubies have been on my mind quite a bit recently... random snaps of various ones I’ve tried. All unheated. From various locations - Burmese, Thai, Tanzania, and of course Mozambique. Can you tell which from where based on the color?

@CircularBrilliant had been having the same dilemma when you were thinking about yours too except I had a few more to lose sleep over :P2

Oh man what a selection!!! I suppose the upside of living in an area with no fine jewelry stores is that I never have to try to choose between so many beautiful pieces :-p

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh man what a selection!!! I suppose the upside of living in an area with no fine jewelry stores is that I never have to try to choose between so many beautiful pieces :-p

Ah, but I really don’t need that many. Just the one that makes my heart sing (without bankrupting me). Still... really shouldn’t complain...

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a lovely collection. I need to do this with mine too and have a play. I’ve got a week off work next week and I’m going to farm out the kids for an afternoon and dedicate some time to filing and cataloguing and photographing (and generally just playing with my toys).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a lovely collection. I need to do this with mine too and have a play. I’ve got a week off work next week and I’m going to farm out the kids for an afternoon and dedicate some time to filing and cataloguing and photographing (and generally just playing with my toys).

Pls share pics! I’m doing this to remind myself that I should stop buying... not quite working though lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got a few new rings recently...

BE8A5801-2B4D-459B-A079-F31F083F3998.jpeg

First a preloved opal ring (on my little finger) as I was intrigued by the interesting pattern. From what I’ve read believe it’s a ribbon pattern (anyone can help to confirm?) and in motion the play of color flowing through the bands/ribbons (?) is fascinating to see. Am undecided if I should reset the opal and I suppose no hurry since I don’t wear opals nowadays... but just couldn’t resist getting the opal anyway :P2

Next is a light purplish pink diamond ring in a triple (!) halo... such a cute pink feminine ring that I couldn’t pass up although I felt like it’s a bit too dainty for me. Centre is about 0.23 ct with approx another 1 ct in the settings

619DC007-798F-49D4-A8A6-B6C83236C9FE.jpeg

One more ring that will take a while longer to be on my hand but am really excited about that. So it’s been a rather exciting start to the year!

A few more pics to show the interesting pattern on the opal. For some reason my phone camera refuses to focus on the other ring

855050D3-6D51-41E3-87BA-338851C0F779.jpeg
13193582-53A9-4C53-AFDE-EDFE6196B074.jpeg

I completly missed this thread i think

I don’t think I posted before but am not 100% sure :P2

Anyway the darker green cab is described as 卒绿 and is 1.2x0.9x0.5cm. The paler cab is 绿莹光 and can’t find the measurements. The pale cab glows, is super “watery”, and is the more expensive of the two loose cabs

F143E0EA-51F9-49C6-8BEE-E7874FEF6A0E.jpeg 6C204338-5813-4C1E-AE68-3CE8B808A6F2.jpeg

They are like the most exquisite rain drops
I love these

What is this to die for blue stone that looks like gem silica ??
im sure ive admired it before

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-094759.png
    Screenshot_20210326-094759.png
    859.1 KB · Views: 18

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Definatly a thread im going to study in depth @icy_jade .
My apologies for being a bit late

Hey! Welcome to my thread! Not late at all... I just wanted a personal thread cos sometimes also is easier for me to look for photos then to go through the thousands of bling pics on my phone :lol:

What is this to die for blue stone that looks like gem silica ??

It’s a peruvian blue opal but gem silica should have similar effect? The gorgeous Caribbean blue...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty cool! I say get them, because when labour fees rise even further over the years, so will these pieces!

Meaning of red hot chili peppers below :)

Screenshot_20210527-002731_Chrome.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results