carat
color
clarity

Icy’s CS adventures

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just take it outside to see @icy_jade!

Is it a Wriston stone?

You seem to really like blue and have been pursuing a dream blue for a while. If within means there's no harm in splurging on something you've long desired (as long as you're not being ripped off).

I did it with my yellow and have zero regrets.

Speaking of yellows what did you do with yours???

Yes a Wriston stone. He returned it to supplier as he’s going to HK for the show. Maybe next week...

小黄 (Xiaohuang which means ‘little yellow’) is still with the bench. Can’t rem if I told him no hurry but anyway yeah no progress on setting

Didn’t manage to find any settings for my two beautiful tsavs either :(

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Don’t think so hahahaha

Awww, sad. I'm currently slightly leaning towards picking up Shelia's pad (if it's still around)...since she's doing a 20% Christmas discount LOL

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Felt a bit sad about the 6 ct glowy sapphire (first world ‘problem’ I know) so took out my other sapphire to play for a while...

07C1A02D-66C3-4B50-BC92-CDE2E375E94C.jpeg 01CEAE96-3BB6-4275-9892-0FB536835D4A.jpeg 9C2CFD0E-69C9-4B14-BCFB-62BDE6FDDBAA.jpeg

Ok really cannot compare to the 6 ct but it’s bright and sparkly...

And wearing my Frozen ring again! Really love the halo. Hope I can find a setting just as nice for my other blue sapphire. :)

So totally in Christmas mood

I wonder if Wriston would allow you to trade in your smaller blues towards that fabulous 6ct? To me that would be totally worth doing.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if Wriston would allow you to trade in your smaller blues towards that fabulous 6ct? To me that would be totally worth doing.

Don’t think can trade in but I could try selling myself or maybe consign to him to sell.

But I love my Frozen ring...

And the 5 ct is a total sparkle bomb in the light. Very different and very pretty. Hard to give up. I didn’t get the cornflower designation but it’s a sparkly cornflower if it makes sense? I'll be thinking all weekend I think lol

Reactions: prs

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t think can trade in but I could try selling myself or maybe consign to him to sell.

And the 5 ct is a total sparkle bomb in the light. Very different and very pretty. Hard to give up. I didn’t get the cornflower designation but it’s a sparkly cornflower if it makes sense? I'll be thinking all weekend I think lol

Keep em all but think about the stone you love.

Likely you'll be buying more stuff in the future yes?

Is it worth it to cut down in the future and buy this dream stone?

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I really liked your current purchases, I dont think the gap between them and the 6 ct is honestly that large. I feel it would be a shame to let them go, as I think they'll bring you immense joy.

I somewhat feel like there is a counterpoint to this thread which is that 19 k USD is quite a lot of money. There are many nice things it can buy -- from family holidays and experiences, to a large range of bling related items. The stone is gorgeous, but it is not clear to me that at the price point, it would indeed make you happier than some of the other things you could use the money on (including a more diverse collection, as from what I can see, you seem to really like swapping what stone you are wearing each day). I dont know, I could be totally wrong but it is definitely not crystal clear to me what the right choice is.

Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I only suggested the trade because you were sad to lose the 6ct. Your jewels should bring you nothing but joy!

Anyway if you think about it and make your final decision, the sadness should be swept away and the joy will be back. :dance::dance::dance:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Keep em all but think about the stone you love.

Likely you'll be buying more stuff in the future yes?

Is it worth it to cut down in the future and buy this dream stone?

Maybe... possibly... honestly don’t know if I can stop shopping for a year lol

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I really liked your current purchases, I dont think the gap between them and the 6 ct is honestly that large. I feel it would be a shame to let them go, as I think they'll bring you immense joy.

I somewhat feel like there is a counterpoint to this thread which is that 19 k USD is quite a lot of money. There are many nice things it can buy -- from family holidays and experiences, to a large range of bling related items. The stone is gorgeous, but it is not clear to me that at the price point, it would indeed make you happier than some of the other things you could use the money on (including a more diverse collection, as from what I can see, you seem to really like swapping what stone you are wearing each day). I dont know, I could be totally wrong but it is definitely not crystal clear to me what the right choice is.

Thank you! Means a lot coming from someone who has seen all the stones in real life! But I honestly thought my 5ct makes the mada look bad (not that I don’t love it in the Frozen setting), and the 6ct makes my 5ct look bad... hmm

Actually realized that I already have a really diverse collection (arranged my rings the other day) so... probably am ok. Not that I need a lot more diversity if my ring tray can already form a rainbow.

Yeah I like swapping rings everyday. Heh

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I only suggested the trade because you were sad to lose the 6ct. Your jewels should bring you nothing but joy!

Anyway if you think about it and make your final decision, the sadness should be swept away and the joy will be back. :dance::dance::dance:

Thanks! I know you meant well. Ah... angst for a few more days. Was just messaging my jeweller about it. Hmm still undecided.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Means a lot coming from someone who has seen all the stones in real life! But I honestly thought my 5ct makes the mada look bad (not that I don’t love it in the Frozen setting), and the 6ct makes my 5ct look bad... hmm

Actually realized that I already have a really diverse collection (arranged my rings the other day) so... probably am ok. Not that I need a lot more diversity if my ring tray can already form a rainbow.

Yeah I like swapping rings everyday. Heh

Haha, ok it does actually sound like this is something you really want.... if you really do want it enough to stop buying other stuff for it then maybe it is a good option for you.

I have no idea why, but you are making me doubt my own memories of it. I remember the 6 ct. as nice but not jaw dropping. I cursorarily looked at it, decided it was a little darker than I liked and expensive then moved on. Maybe we never took it outside? I suppose the only way to know is to go see (if you do please take pics?).

Still 19 k usd is a very steep price tag.

Usually if A costs x dollars, and B costs y*x then I expect B to blow A out of the water or I am not buying it. So I dont know if the argument that lining them up side by side and seeing an increase in quality as well as price would sell it to me (that's not exceptional in my books. Simply a requisite criteria for me not to cursorarily dismiss the option).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea why, but you are making me doubt my own memories of it. I remember the 6 ct. as nice but not jaw dropping. I cursorarily looked at it, decided it was a little darker than I liked and expensive then moved on. Maybe we never took it outside? I suppose the only way to know is to go see (if you do please take pics?).

Still 19 k usd is a very steep price tag.

Usually if A costs x dollars, and B costs y*x then I expect B to blow A out of the water or I am not buying it. So I dont know if the argument that lining them up side by side and seeing an increase in quality as well as price would sell it to me (that's not exceptional in my books. Simply a requisite criteria for me not to cursorarily dismiss the option).

Hmm. I rem it as blowing the other cornflowers and my stone out of the water due to its vivid intensity and glow. But yeah definitely need a closer look again.

But just based on pics... I don’t have them all together but comparing separately...

See my mada vs 5ct? Irl the difference is apparent as well. Even my non gem collector colleague can see the difference. We both agreed Frozen looks good on its own but pales next to the 5ct...

And then the 6 ct with my 5 ct... again I recall the vivid blueness of the 6 ct
E6D73D6B-4655-4DF9-81D3-957B3BC7135C.jpeg

And then the 6 ct with the other cornflowers, including @YC cornflower which had been the closest to what I’d been looking for...
3DA40146-0C3F-4562-9B80-A53EC9CA8E7B.jpeg

It’s graded as royal blue so it is darker than cornflower for sure. Not sure why I found it so attractive either as it’s honestly the first royal blue I’ve seen that I’ve liked. I’ve always disliked royal blues I’ve seen in the past as I found them too dark but not this one.

Ah dunno. Maybe it’s a stone fate thing again.

Will definitely take pics when I go and see it.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmm. I rem it as blowing the other cornflowers and my stone out of the water due to its vivid intensity and glow. But yeah definitely need a closer look again.

But just based on pics... I don’t have them all together but comparing separately...

See my mada vs 5ct? Irl the difference is apparent as well. Even my non gem collector colleague can see the difference. We both agreed Frozen looks good on its own but pales next to the 5ct...
07C1A02D-66C3-4B50-BC92-CDE2E375E94C.jpeg

And then the 6 ct with my 5 ct... again I recall the vivid blueness of the 6 ct
FB0E4C83-6BFD-4AA1-8FE0-59F3187092C9.jpeg
E6D73D6B-4655-4DF9-81D3-957B3BC7135C.jpeg

And then the 6 ct with the other cornflowers, including @YC cornflower which had been the closest to what I’d been looking for...
0FD4A96D-8CE9-4C23-BFDB-075CE937224C.jpeg
3DA40146-0C3F-4562-9B80-A53EC9CA8E7B.jpeg

It’s graded as royal blue so it is darker than cornflower for sure. Not sure why I found it so attractive either as it’s honestly the first royal blue I’ve seen that I’ve liked. I’ve always disliked royal blues I’ve seen in the past as I found them too dark but not this one.

Ah dunno. Maybe it’s a stone fate thing again.

Will definitely take pics when I go and see it.

Awesome, would love to see the outside pictures. I agree it is definitely more vivid then all the other stones, that was my first impression too. I think perhaps it is just that I appreciate the way the lighter blue stones look entirely blue across their entire crown and from all angles, whereas the royal blue has a more velvety kind of deep look verging on dark navy in several segments of the elipse. I recognize that this is something that is highly prized, but I am not sure I'd personally appreciate it over a slightly lighter toned stone which showed less of this effect. Ofcourse it also has a really vivid electric kind of glow due to the deep saturation -- which is amazing, and probably goes and in hand with the patches of velvety dark blue.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That 6ct is pretty darned nice!!!

In the USA market it would be a steal at a fraction over $3K/ct if heated. Certified unheated from Ceylon, it's a triple steal. ;)2

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Went to see a 3.6++ct pigeon blood spready unheated Mozambique ruby the other day...

6E29601E-1D3C-40A9-983F-22E6AF164713.jpeg 61EB81E1-73BE-4677-AE29-58FD3CFCEE05.jpeg 25D1053C-6FA6-4C72-8B0F-5469C993C5DF.jpeg 7800E38B-0163-47CF-8B20-8A19FEB7D465.jpeg

Irl my rubellite is visibly pinkish and not as red under the sun. But somehow the pics didn’t capture the pink. Anyway basically the ruby is much nicer irl.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And I went to see a 3 ct cornflower the other day too. Sadly 3ct seems too small now.

@YC also kept telling me is too small argh.

On the bright side, love how sparkly my 5 ct is in comparison.

9C7C5513-C8B9-43AE-A532-9B65373379CB.jpeg

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
And I went to see a 3 ct cornflower the other day too. Sadly 3ct seems too small now.

@YC also kept telling me is too small argh.

On the bright side, love how sparkly my 5 ct is in comparison.

9C7C5513-C8B9-43AE-A532-9B65373379CB.jpeg

Ohhh...but it's so silky! And intensely saturated! Preeetty :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh...but it's so silky! And intensely saturated! Preeetty :D

You can probably see the cornflower if you pop by. I think he still has it.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just got this 7.11 ct unheated yellow sapphire from Sri Lanka (tested as color stable by two labs) set by my jeweller.

I wanted something really classic looking, with milgrain, engraving, cupped, convertible to pendant and Wriston totally delivered!

F34C270E-DBEC-46FB-A4CC-26B497A26610.jpeg 889ED04E-DE7A-404E-8AB3-0FB92984725A.jpeg
F3D8E197-C0C6-41CB-A81E-E27E6D337944.jpeg
B9B7F2F3-C96E-430F-869C-2E23234FDB41.jpeg

@mellowyellowgirl

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
The workshop also delivered this beautifully set opal to my jeweller. Super love the details on this ring.

E54A97DB-FBCF-446C-8D67-022CB8273BB4.jpeg 0E3BB6D9-F6E9-4FBD-9014-50CC4A7F2062.jpeg 877400FF-068A-4009-887D-4D1A2F9AEE79.jpeg BE6F0FD3-2749-48FF-86AC-49678AA20D13.jpeg

Love that opal. It’s stunning. The sapphire is beautiful too!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Sapphire Icy and the size is amazing.

Love the setting!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Love that opal. It’s stunning. The sapphire is beautiful too!!

thanks! Yeah I would have totally snapped up the opal if it spoke to me. But it didn’t so it should go to someone who will love it more

Gorgeous Sapphire Icy and the size is amazing.

Love the setting!!!!!

thanks! Super love it. 小黄 is so pretty now that I feel like setting all my other stones but still think customizing is such a nerve wrecking process

Enjoying the ring and my afternoon coffee

ADCC5802-EAF3-4AD6-917E-835C23478D11.jpeg

Last edited:

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I love your yellow sapphire ring! I have never heard of or seen a ring that can convert to a pendant. So very cool!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got this 7.11 ct unheated yellow sapphire from Sri Lanka (tested as color stable by two labs) set by my jeweller.

I wanted something really classic looking, with milgrain, engraving, cupped, convertible to pendant and Wriston totally delivered!

F34C270E-DBEC-46FB-A4CC-26B497A26610.jpeg 889ED04E-DE7A-404E-8AB3-0FB92984725A.jpeg

@mellowyellowgirl

Absolutely fabulous, an heirloom piece! :love::love::love:

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
041E85EE-21FE-4A54-A88C-1AB1FDBBB8A1.jpeg 84CBC6F0-AE47-4A52-ABC8-20D34F65849E.jpeg 3813B548-19AE-47DF-AAE4-532447D6A0A5.jpeg B07FCBD4-71D2-4764-95D4-9BD4BF33978B.jpeg

Ok lemme post pics first... slow cos iphone/ipad... so if my responses r Super short, usually is cos one finger typing (esp on phone) is so painful...

While shopping and I bought the black but there was a beautiful purple my size. So so tempted but I recall price was scary high (since I buy to wear not display) so I held back. The other two were not princess style (I only like princess bangles).

Last pic is with my icy bangle.

@icy_jade, would you kindly explain what is princess style? Love your bangles. The black one is very cool looking.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock

@mellowyellowgirl

Mind blowing!!! I didn’t know you can do that kind of setting for rings. Ring and pendant!!! I need to show my mom :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results