shape
carat
color
clarity

Icy’s CS adventures

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You smack me for the WF? The WF was a decent buy!!!! Sooooo sparkly!!!!! And I got to try ACA melee!

Smack you for Tiffy.
Diamonds can get anytime. CS run out faster. Esp at reasonable pricepoints.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Icy Jade, I hope it’s ok for me to put my review here! I had fun at the gem fair today. There were a lot of pretty stones and I checked out the shops you mentioned :)

In the end, I only bought a few inexpensive fun rings from Paragon Worldwide, but loved trying on this paraiba ring from a Japanese vendor and also a tsavorite cab one which I forgot to photograph.

89A4549F-6DCB-48BE-907D-D5063162491F.jpeg

Also, I found a promising option for settings. It’s Efficient Jewellery at People’s Park. Viewed one very nice diamond halo semi-mount with VS F-G diamonds and the price quoted was $750 with setting being $25 or less. I also saw a daintier solitaire setting with diamonds that was about 400+. They don’t stock many stones but I was shown a very pretty red spinel with a Nanyang Lab report. They were the only jeweler I asked who were willing to set outside stones.

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hi Icy Jade, I hope it’s ok for me to put my review here! I had fun at the gem fair today. There were a lot of pretty stones and I checked out the shops you mentioned :)

In the end, I only bought a few inexpensive fun rings from Paragon Worldwide, but loved trying on this paraiba ring from a Japanese vendor and also a tsavorite cab one which I forgot to photograph.

Also, I found a promising option for settings. It’s Efficient Jewellery at People’s Park. Viewed one very nice diamond halo semi-mount with VS F-G diamonds and the price quoted was $750 with setting being $25 or less. I also saw a daintier solitaire setting with diamonds that was about 400+. They don’t stock many stones but I was shown a very pretty red spinel with a Nanyang Lab report. They were the only jeweler I asked who were willing to set outside stones.

Hey no worries and thanks for sharing! Yeah I saw Efficient but didn’t ask about prices. 750 is a good price!

I think maybe I know which jap vendor you are referring to. I went to see too.

Ok so we will try to be good till Oct? I should be getting my new diamond in a few days which should keep me happy till then lol. In the mean time can read and learn more.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey no worries and thanks for sharing! Yeah I saw Efficient but didn’t ask about prices. 750 is a good price!

I think maybe I know which jap vendor you are referring to. I went to see too.

Ok so we will try to be good till Oct? I should be getting my new diamond in a few days which should keep me happy till then lol. In the mean time can read and learn more.

I'm so excited about your new diamond!!!!!! Hehe good thing about Pricescope is I can live through you guys!!!!!!

I am trying to be good for as long as I can. At least until next year! Maybe only be bad if a cheap and pretty jade bead necklace comes up.

That ring is gorgeous on you hun!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited about your new diamond!!!!!! Hehe good thing about Pricescope is I can live through you guys!!!!!!

I am trying to be good for as long as I can. At least until next year! Maybe only be bad if a cheap and pretty jade bead necklace comes up.

That ring is gorgeous on you hun!

Thank you!!

I’m so excited too. Thinking about my new diamond made my 30 hour journey more bearable lol.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you! But not feeling the love somehow... gonna try and limit myself to stuff I absolute LOVE learning from my pearls experience. :P2

If you are looking for glowy, it would need some inclusions. Then in that case, those that go into cabs are usually pretty included to begin with. May not be in your comfort zone.

It took me some time to accept the inclusions before I started buying cuprians :)

But the cabs are way too included for me.

Btw plenty of pretty welo.opals huge and huger in Bangkok. They can't get rid of them. So may be worth it to hunt around rather than buying readymade.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you!!

I’m so excited too. Thinking about my new diamond made my 30 hour journey more bearable lol.

Haha you had your new ring with you too! That star is going places!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
If you are looking for glowy, it would need some inclusions. Then in that case, those that go into cabs are usually pretty included to begin with. May not be in your comfort zone.

It took me some time to accept the inclusions before I started buying cuprians :)

But the cabs are way too included for me.

Btw plenty of pretty welo.opals huge and huger in Bangkok. They can't get rid of them. So may be worth it to hunt around rather than buying readymade.

Yeah. Inclusions do bug me.

Welo opals are not popular? That’s good news for me really. :lol:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah. Inclusions do bug me.

Welo opals are not popular? That’s good news for me really. :lol:

Overstocked. They speculated too much.

Same story as tanzanites :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Haha you had your new ring with you too! That star is going places!

Yeah. It doesn’t have the so bling I feel like I’ll get robbed vibe haha.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Am in the US! Took some aerial pics of HK as was transiting there.

CA38193E-F72F-4886-BE93-AC605394F882.jpeg FA89BB93-6F33-46DE-A836-D24C2687F138.jpeg BD397A39-6885-482D-87FA-96EC38723AC9.jpeg
And I brought my new ring along to play with...
F45DBE5A-3215-4252-8FA8-324BE3BFAB5B.jpeg

Ah blue star is going along to meet her new friend in the US. Have a fun trip!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, funny story about Marutaki. There was a gaggle of women hogging the display when I visited, and one of them was complaining to the SA that the selection was better last year. The SA replied that was because the good stuff already sold in the first two days. That was also the case at Paragon. Haha, I thought of you. I realized that unlike electronics fairs, you should go to a gem fair on the first day to snap up the picks!

Last edited:

YC

Brilliant_Rock

Sounds like another vendor to check out. Do you happen to have any photos of those semi-mounts?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like another vendor to check out. Do you happen to have any photos of those semi-mounts?

Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos towards the end. However, I will say they looked very pretty and well made, and there was a good variety.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh yeah, funny story about Marutaki. There was a gaggle of women hogging the display when I visited, and one of them was complaining to the SA that the selection was better last year. The SA replied that was because the good stuff already sold in the first two days. That was also the case at Paragon. Haha, I thought of you. I realized that unlike electronics fairs, you should go to a gem fair on the first day to snap up the picks!

Lol I can so imagine the mental picture. Save the best for the last isn't always so :razz:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Me!! :lol:

Which reminds me that I haven’t had time to play with my new intensely purple pearls but here’s my purple jade cab from the fair

52899B8A-B1CF-415B-AC70-E0295FF6BB5D.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How thick are they @icy_jade?

No good advice from me as I'm not expert at all but they do look like pieces of ice and are very matching!!!! Definately think the bottom pair match better!

Are they priced steeper than usual?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How steep is steep?

Lovely pair to go with your other icy pieces.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I think they look nice. How do you like them? And how steep are they?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Topaz?? You have been busy shopping. :appl:I noticed that you bought a nice drop shape jade pendant which I was eyeing (but did not bid).

Nope decided against the pendant when my mind cleared and I figured it’s kinda small for me...

But yeah been busy and I need to stop! But I just couldn’t pass up on a John Dyer stone. Been eyeing his topaz forever and he had so many in his latest drop...

No I don't think it's steep. It's about that price online I see :)

Does it come with the NGL memo.

I can ask and top up for the cert I guess... ok if u say it isn’t steep that’s like a step forward... argh I really need to go cold turkey for a while... at least until the Oct fair lol.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that cut is tdf @icy_jade

I'm so tempted by his greenish aqua but I'm sticking to my no buy.

Did you get your diamond yet?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results