shape
carat
color
clarity

Icy’s CS adventures

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok I think I caught up with everything. If I missed your question lemme know.

Round 2 tmr. :roll2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade you totally need to check out the other preloved stuff again!!!! Doooooo it and take pics!!!!

If you have time can you see what kind of green cab set in a ring I can get for $S2000.

I wanna know how to clean off old juju too @Burmesedaze

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not at all. I think the lavender is decent at s$1.25k! That's a wearable setting too.

Ok lemne ask my mum on that and get back to you!

For the preloved sapphires and rubies, may be better to see if there's a lab memo. Is Nanyang Gem Lab at the fair this year? They can test if so.

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Ok it’s synthetic.

I must say they are really affordable lol. And the emeralds really look quite realistic with inclusions and all
Synthetic inclusions too... crikey now I've seen it all, that is actually quite impressive. If you have time tomorrow and for fun, can you have a look at what a 10 carat piece would cost? Hehe.

I really like your pre-loved ring you got today. Is the pendant pre-loved too? Neither of them looks "aunty" so that's very cool. Any right of refund at these fairs? Definitely hit up the pre-loved vendor tomorrow again too, could be more finds there. Are there any coloured diamonds floating around? And larger dark green jade pieces? #curious

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade you totally need to check out the other preloved stuff again!!!! Doooooo it and take pics!!!!

If you have time can you see what kind of green cab set in a ring I can get for $S2000.

I wanna know how to clean off old juju too @Burmesedaze

Ok has to be preloved then. Usually nice green cabs are very expensive. Not to mention with the ring setting.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Not at all. I think the lavender is decent at s$1.25k! That's a wearable setting too.

Ok lemne ask my mum on that and get back to you!

For the preloved sapphires and rubies, may be better to see if there's a lab memo. Is Nanyang Gem Lab at the fair this year? They can test if so.

Not at the fair. Just when I need them. Haiz

I mean, I like never buy in previous years and they were always around. Now when I finally go into CS and need them...

Some of the stones are certified... I’ll try to look at those.

By the way for my star it doesn’t look synthetic but how do I know if it’s heated? Any signs I can look out for?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok has to be preloved then. Usually nice green cabs are very expensive. Not to mention with the ring setting.

Doesn't have to be Imperial! But I'd be grateful for anything you can check out just to get a feel for prices.

Yeah I should have visited the jade store to do research like you told me to. I didn't even look at Wriston's jade stuff :eek2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
161C9B4F-42B4-4286-8277-4AFBB2E14913.jpeg
Synthetic inclusions too... crikey now I've seen it all, that is actually quite impressive. If you have time tomorrow and for fun, can you have a look at what a 10 carat piece would cost? Hehe.

I really like your pre-loved ring you got today. Is the pendant pre-loved too? Neither of them looks "aunty" so that's very cool. Any right of refund at these fairs? Definitely hit up the pre-loved vendor tomorrow again too, could be more finds there. Are there any coloured diamonds floating around? And larger dark green jade pieces? #curious

Oh that’s easy, everything is s$40/carat except emeralds is $65 or $75/carat and paraiba $60/carat. They have synthetic stars too.

The pendant is new. Yeah hard to find non-auntie settings for jade stuff... no refund I think.

There are always large diamonds around. I even tried a 5 carat ring lol. Leibish was also there and some of the other vendors also have small selection of colored diamonds I think (I didn’t go n look so more of an impression thing). I went to have a look at Leibish as I know them from PS but colored diamonds are so tiny and so expensive. My kids liked the brochure though. My son calls it the shiny things book.

There is quite a bit of jade (diff sizes and color) from HK and SG vendors I just didn’t take pics cos I wasn’t looking at them.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't have to be Imperial! But I'd be grateful for anything you can check out just to get a feel for prices.

Yeah I should have visited the jade store to do research like you told me to. I didn't even look at Wriston's jade stuff :eek2:

Ok sure, you won’t be able to get a large cab for 2k tbh. Maybe preloved. What size are u interested in?

Wriston has some nice jade stuff. His imperial jade are so nice but the prices...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
S$100 is approx USD75...

Most of the prices I’ve mentioned are S$

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok sure, you won’t be able to get a large cab for 2k tbh. Maybe preloved. What size are u interested in?

Wriston has some nice jade stuff. His imperial jade are so nice but the prices...

I'm not sure to be honest. 8mm or so I guess?

I still think jade cabs look very Auntie on me. Hehe I've got a chrysoprase that I'm thinking of setting when I have the funds and abandon the jade.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure to be honest. 8mm or so I guess?

I still think jade cabs look very Auntie on me. Hehe I've got a chrysoprase that I'm thinking of setting when I have the funds and abandon the jade.

Yeah it’s a constant struggle with jade. The auntie thing. I can never find jade earrings that are not auntie looking. But anyway I’m getting to the auntie age so whatever. I’ll just wear what I like. I’m always wearing auntie jade bangles anyway lol.

Any pics of the chrysoprase?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mum says unless you've learnt crystal healing, otherwise put your item to clean under running water. Then use an incense and go round the jewellery. If you believe in any religion you can chant as you do that.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fairly sure your star is unheated. The legs will be sharper if it were I think.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Mum says unless you've learnt crystal healing, otherwise put your item to clean under running water. Then use an incense and go round the jewellery. If you believe in any religion you can chant as you do that.

Ok so after doing some quick internet reading,
  • Washing with clean water - do I go and get Fiji or Evian or is tap water fine?
  • smudging with sage - ok not sure where to get gotta do some research
  • Placing on rock salt (and throw away the salt after)
  • Put in sun
I also read one site that says it’s not always needed unless you feel bad juju from the gem. As your energy will usually overpower any energy in the item unless it’s really bad juju.

Erm ok I think I need to go n do more reading gosh.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The salt n sun options sound easy. I've got a sage plant too! Sage chicken is very yummy.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok so after doing some quick internet reading,
  • Washing with clean water - do I go and get Fiji or Evian or is tap water fine?
  • smudging with sage - ok not sure where to get gotta do some research
  • Placing on rock salt (and throw away the salt after)
  • Put in sun
I also read one site that says it’s not always needed unless you feel bad juju from the gem. As your energy will usually overpower any energy in the item unless it’s really bad juju.

Erm ok I think I need to go n do more reading gosh.

Just do a cursory one :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok so am making a list of to-do for tmr before I forget...

1. Look at preloved stuff again cos my new ring is so pretty!
2. Decide on the flowers n bee ring
3. Decide on 2 pearl strands
4. Decide on natural white akoya
5. Look for welo opal
6. Look for moonstone
7. Buy some Christmas gifts!
8. Decide on jade dangles
9. Look at green cabs for @mellowyellowgirl

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can ask if u want. Lemme know by noon tmr my time (that’s about midnight NYC time I think)

Thank you :D, but I am actually supposed to take my daughter to the shangri la to play over the weekend, then shop the sales for more baby clothes. I don't think anyone will buy the excuse that I 'accidentaly' ended up at the jewllery fair instead.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
2FF1AE92-5040-4584-B418-8760D41427DD.jpeg
Thank you :D, but I am actually supposed to take my daughter to the shangri la to play over the weekend, then shop the sales for more baby clothes. I don't think anyone will buy the excuse that I 'accidentaly' ended up at the jewllery fair instead.

Hey things happen you know? :lol:

This pair right? I suspect quite pricey but anyway will ask

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha :lol:, thanks! Much more fun than the never ending list of things I am supposed to be doing at the moment.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! In the end I decided not to buy as the pave worries me. I did go back and took some photos along with another butterfly one that caught my eye...

96D567E1-1D43-4606-890B-B87CFCA902FE.jpeg 64313309-11A8-49C9-86FA-58E8808D3732.jpeg C643DD5B-F8F9-4021-8251-31645EA1CE37.jpeg

Not my finger/hand... I found someone with much slimmer fingers to model for me. :)

FWIW I’ll have worn it to work and weekends with jeans...

Yup decided not to buy in the end. But I did get the vendor contact in case I change my mind :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok so am making a list of to-do for tmr before I forget...

1. Look at preloved stuff again cos my new ring is so pretty! Didn’t find anything...
2. Decide on the flowers n bee ring Decided... and no
3. Decide on 2 pearl strands Bought one
4. Decide on natural white akoya undecided and still thinking
5. Look for welo opal can’t find one in quality I like
6. Look for moonstone all fail compared to @Burmesedaze
7. Buy some Christmas gifts! Didn’t
8. Decide on jade dangles Decided... and no
9. Look at green cabs for @mellowyellowgirl not very successful, more later

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want the goss on the jade bangles too! What were you looking for?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl Didn’t really see any rings that caught my eye. The nice ones cost a small fortune and the affordable ones have normal commercial grade cabs or really small itty cabs.

But I like this one:

https://www.kathyjade.com/Store/Web...5e67&key=8f596982-4dca-443b-b8db-1224d435719a

Think this is 20k... after that I stopped asking when I saw similar rings haha
B470FEBE-4B5B-47C0-B82F-E0B31C1E39A4.jpeg

More affordable but really small. And the quality is not as good as the first one.
EA47A521-B67A-4A21-9265-E3817FCBD2CC.jpeg 059095CC-234D-4F57-A7E3-577EBF141B8D.jpeg

Ok so 2k is possible but not easy to find and smaller cab and probably not so clean looking cab if you want nice green.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @icy_jade

I like the look of that $1,380 one! How small was that in real life?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results