shape
carat
color
clarity

Ice Hearts on Fire diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have any opinions on Ice on Fire™ Ideal Hearts & Arrows diamonds? Just wondering if they are as good as they seem, the prices seem quite reasonable too. Does anyone have one or have seen them? Are they just a gimmick? Thanks again!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are just AGS0 stones, probably with a premium. I couldn't find prices, but compare to whiteflash.com's ACA round stones. If they are lower prices, have AGS certificates, and are rated AGS0, I don't see why they would be bad unless the vendor has bad return/upgrade policies.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are lovely. I know that sundail (I think!) has both HoF and WF ACA's ... I think her opinion is that both are just stunning.

I have heard Hearts on Fire referred to as Wallets on Fire here though, so I would do a search. On wait this is ICE on Fire??? nevermind.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am in Australia, and the prices are comparable to other ideal cut stones here, I would have though they would be more expensive! So maybe they are a goer. They have a 14 day return policy and I can also pay a bit extra and purchase them in store instead of online.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The hearts on fire stones I''ve seen have been very beautiful! The only jeweler by me that carries them sells them for quite a markup, so this would be the only reason I wouldn''t consider purchasing that particular branded stone.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
Shes referring to Ice on Fire diamonds, sold in Australia. (NOT HoF) Pretty much the best available in Australia. No IS Image, no ASET, no BScope no sarin, just rely on pa and ca. I don''t trust them...

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your feeback echelon6, I am new to this, here is the specs, so I am wrong to trust the AGS spec

Carat 0.55
Colour D
Clarity VVS2
Total Depth 62.10
Pavilion Depth 43.10
Table 55.00
Dimensions 5.26x5.34x3.27
Crown Angle 34.70
Pavilion Angle 40.70
Girdle TN
Culet N
Fluorescence N
Lustre
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Cut ICE Ideal H&A
Report AGS
33.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGS is great and an AGS0 is fantastic. Why would you mistrust them? There is no reason to if they are AGS0 stones.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hi neatfreak, OK so I am a dope, it this diamond an AGS0 and how do you know that from these specs - ta!

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 8:03:45 PM
Author: neatfreak
AGS is great and an AGS0 is fantastic. Why would you mistrust them? There is no reason to if they are AGS0 stones.
There''s a difference between an AGS0 and an AGS0 with great optical symmetry. Plenty of AGS0''s out there with poor optical symmetry, i.e. poor arrow and hearts formation (if they show at alll)

AGS0 is merely a guarantee of good light performance.

The Ice on Fire diamonds sold on Melb Diamond Exchange don''t have H&A pics, or idealscope, aset, sarins, bscope, megascope or anything really. I should rephrase about not trusting them: what I mean is that if I buy one sight-unseen, I wouldn''t count on getting one with symmetry which satisfies my OCD
37.gif
There are many variations among diamonds which are claimed to display H&A - only when scope images are free for all to see can you comfortably choose one to your liking.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
btw I'm in Sydney, and the above reasons I've given are precisely the reason why I've decided to take my business abroad.

Also given our exchange rate, now may be an opportune time to import from the US
18.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Dont buy the name, buy the diamond. There are diamonds out there with the same measurements that have not got a name but they sparkle the same being a nameless diamond. Remember there is no copy right on how to cut a diamond.

The way I think about branding is that its a way to confuse the consumer about the same two stones they are compairing. Pay more for a logo you can see! That wont be jewelry.

You can see my polo shirt has a logo and you can see that I over paid for the shirt. I have better made shirts in my closet that cost less. If this polo shirt didnt have a logo that people could see I would not have purchased it.

Remember you live in the real world.

My suggestion is to buy the same diamond (same measurements) for less money and give it a name of your own :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 8:19:45 PM
Author: honey22
Hi neatfreak, OK so I am a dope, it this diamond an AGS0 and how do you know that from these specs - ta!

I am going with what I was able to conjur up online. They claim they are AGS0 stones. I am saying that IF they are AGS0 stones, they are a great buy.

And Echelon, AGS0 DOES take into consideration more things than light before you go off telling people that it is only light performance. Read below from Bob at WF:

If you have wondered how the final American Gem Society Lab grade is determined, the cut grade has three factors and the lowest determines final grade.

Light Performance is a cumulative grade (added up). It is the sum of all deductions for Brightness, Contrast, Dispersion & Leakage. If the total deductions are < 0.50 the LP grade is 0. If 0.50-1.49 the LP grade is 1. If 1.50-2.49 the LP grade is 2 and so on.

Proportion Factors is part cumulative (girdle thickness, culet size) and part net-lowering (durability, weight ratio, tilt). If the girdle and culet both have deductions of 1 the PF grade is 2. If there are no cumulative deductions but weight ratio and tilt both have deductions of 1 the PF grade is 1 (b/c those are net-lowering deductions). If there are no deductions the PF grade is 0.

Finish (polish & symmetry) is net-lowering. Polish can be 0 and symmetry can be 2, which would result in a finish grade of 2. Polish and symmetry can both be 2, which would also result in a 2. If the polish grade is 5 and the symmetry grade is 0 the finish grade is a 5.

The cut grade is the lowest grade (net) between LP, PF and Finish:

Light Performance 0
Proportion Factors 0
Finish 1
Cut grade = AGS1

Light Performance 3
Proportion Factors 0
Finish 0
Cut grade = AGS3

AGSL is extremely hard on finish, which we think is a good thing. Some dealers will advertise “AGS0″ diamonds but they will have been sent to GIA and received EX or VG in finish. Those diamonds should not be advertised as AGS0. If fact, with the new light performance grading the only way you can call a diamond AGS0 is to send it to AGSL. Otherwise it is false advertising.

These stones used to be called AGS000, but are now known as AGS0. So if these stones from Ice on Fire are indeed AGS0 stones, there is really no need for idealscopes, etc. Yes, one might be better than another if you had the scope, but I personally think that once you are at this level of diamonds the differences probably would not be noticeable with the naked eye.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results