shape
carat
color
clarity

i3 Diamonds - bad for hoop earrings?

gcnewman

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I've been on the hunt for 2 CTW oval diamond hoops. For some reason they're so hard to come by. A friend sent me these i3 Oval Diamond Hoops and they look nice from the pictures. I reached out to this company on IG and asked for additional photos and pictures and they seemed bright, sparkly and pretty clear. I don't know if it's a bad idea to buy these or not as I've heard i3 is very controversial. If these are a bad buy, I'd love recommendations of other places to look. Thanks!

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
They don't look terrible to my eyes, maybe a bit milky... Ask for a video in different light conditions, maybe?

Not an expert in the least—please wait for the other more learned members to chime in! Just my two layman's cents :D

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think places like Sams and maybe Costcos would have better deals. I bought a pair from sams (1.5 ctw) that were really pretty.

Here are a 2 carat pair I/Si1

These are the ones I bought from Sams
IMG_20200303_153840828.jpg

IMG_20200303_153900623.jpg

I'd pick these over the I3's. Basically the same price, good return policy and a pretty good reputation for the diamonds that they typically sell.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Yay Costco (and you don’t have to be a member to shop if you can get a gift card)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco is great but you want ovals which I don’t think they have. No to i3. Try Etsy?

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 for Costco

FWIW, I ordered both these earrings from Costco and returned the oval shaped I color pair because the round shape G color pair was superior in quality (brighter, whiter diamonds and more secure closure). That said, if your heart is set on oval shaped hoops, I’d wager that the oval ones from Costco are better quality than the I3 ones from Hoops Fine Jewelry. And if you are willing to wait, Costco frequently runs sales (mine were $500 off). GL

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.5 ctw I color hoops from Costco, posted above are oval shaped hoops, the G's are not.

Sorry, I thought she wanted oval diamonds not oval hoops. My bad. :roll:

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Not to thread Jack but I really want yellow gold diamond hoops and only seeing a few in Costco in YG.
Is costo better than sams..
Any other choice for YG diamond hoops

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results