shape
carat
color
clarity

I1 for earrings? Are we crazy?

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
looking for earrings now for my sister. We found a couple interesting stones that fit the price range and score well on HCA. One is an i1– but the video looks pretty good! She has a beautiful inherent necklace that’s an i1 and has one white crystal that’s visible at close inspection. You can’t see it when she wears it. It’s never bothered her and she said it’s like a beauty mark—unique to her stone! :)

I have these both on hold and looking for feedback. Also curious how a K will perform with a strong blue fluorescent!

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...-k-color-i1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4863638

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...k-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3593281

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looking for earrings now for my sister. We found a couple interesting stones that fit the price range and score well on HCA. One is an i1– but the video looks pretty good! She has a beautiful inherent necklace that’s an i1 and has one white crystal that’s visible at close inspection. You can’t see it when she wears it. It’s never bothered her and she said it’s like a beauty mark—unique to her stone! :)

I have these both on hold and looking for feedback. Also curious how a K will perform with a strong blue fluorescent!

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...-k-color-i1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-4863638

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...k-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3593281

I don't think you're crazy at all looking at I1 for earrings if your sister's ok with the potential for a visible inclusion. They might be warm though....Would that be ok with her? Next step would be to request Idealscope images for these, they're pretty good but I suspect there might be a little light leakage, would you like us to hunt up some more for you?

Fluorescence ' might' make the stone look a little whiter in some lights but that's all, just check it's not making the diamond look hazy with JA.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If they're in the US I'd consider having IDJ pull them, run the images and give you their honest opinion.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input! I believe the pendant is a K— so I think she’s fine with that. I think it looks great, too and only notice it when I put it right next to a higher color stone.

I have asked JA about the haziness issue. They said it’s not an issue with these stones— but they also aren’t in house so I’m not sure how they know that. They gave the option to buy them and then they’d bring them in for a review. Do you think this is worth it or just order them and look at them ourselves and with our independent appraiser? K and i1 are probably both something one has to see in person to judge it bothers them.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input! I believe the pendant is a K— so I think she’s fine with that. I think it looks great, too and only notice it when I put it right next to a higher color stone.

I have asked JA about the haziness issue. They said it’s not an issue with these stones— but they also aren’t in house so I’m not sure how they know that. They gave the option to buy them and then they’d bring them in for a review. Do you think this is worth it or just order them and look at them ourselves and with our independent appraiser? K and i1 are probably both something one has to see in person to judge it bothers them.
I like the whole work up of images and trust Yekutiel's eye. I'd have them pull the stones and examine them instead of the hassle of buying and returning through James Allen.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I like the whole work up of images and trust Yekutiel's eye. I'd have them pull the stones and examine them instead of the hassle of buying and returning through James Allen.
Would I just send the GIA numbers? I’m confused on how this works.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd put these diamonds in yellow gold and wouldn't hesitate for get I1s without black spots.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean James Allen or can IDJ do this even if they are on hold?

Call IDJ and give them the Gia numbers so they can check if they're in the US. If they can get them, you'll have to call JA to have them release the diamonds.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Call IDJ and give them the Gia numbers so they can check if they're in the US. If they can get them, you'll have to call JA to have them release the diamonds.
Gotcha!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have K earrings with SI1 clarity, and I have to tell you, I love the stones you have chosen.
I love my K stones, and although they are set in WG, I almost never see warmth.
I would absolutely buy these stones for earrings!!

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
I have K earrings with SI1 clarity, and I have to tell you, I love the stones you have chosen.
I love my K stones, and although they are set in WG, I almost never see warmth.
I would absolutely buy these stones for earrings!!

Thank you so much! I’m so so happy to hear that! You are putting our nerves to rest! How do you think they would be in yellow gold? That’s her preference at the moment— but I wasn’t sure how it would compliment the stones.

jen2mc

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results