shape
carat
color
clarity

I Wish Trump Had Met This Woman!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an inspirational story of a woman who was groped while serving pizza in Savannah, Georgia. If only Trump had encountered a woman like her when he groped a woman! My only fear is that he is too big to have been handled the way she handled the man she did. I am glad the restaurant had installed videos after their last incident, but more power to her!

Excerpted from "The New York Times".

"It was almost 11 p.m., and Emelia Holden was finishing up her shift as a server at a Savannah, Ga., pizzeria when she felt a hand on her backside.

She reacted immediately, yanking the man backward by his red shirt as he tried to walk away and wrapping her arm around his neck before using her body weight — all 115 pounds of it — to slam him to the ground, knocking his white sunglasses askew.

'You don’t touch me,' she yelled, adding expletives as he sat against a trash can, stunned.

The June 30 encounter was captured on a surveillance video that has been viewed more than four million times since her cousin shared it online.

Ms. Holden, 21, of Savannah, said in an interview on Sunday that the episode led people to reach out, including women who told her they had showed the video to their daughters. Other servers shared their stories of being harassed or assaulted, she said, and told her watching the video had empowered them to react more assertively next time."

People helped to keep the customer from leaving while the police came and after they viewed the video, he was arrested.

Link...https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/22/us/savannah-waitress-video.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=thumb_square&state=standard&contentPlacement=7&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/22/us/savannah-waitress-video.html

Last edited:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband showed that to me yesterday. He was impressed and so was I.

I loved how the guy tried to make the excuse that he was just trying to move her out of the way. :rolleyes:

There was a locally famous case here rather recently where video sent a guy to prison for premeditated murder. If it had not been there, he probably would have gotten away with standing over an already wounded 16 year old kid and shooting him multiple times in the stomach.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish he had met Lorena Bobbitt.
Word of the day:
5E99DA96-55C9-4167-8F3C-9B5484460783.jpeg

LOL Madame Bijoux!

I couldn’t believe the young woman was strong enough to throw that guy around. He didn’t look like a small guy. I read an article about this story This young woman has a passion for helping Cat shelters. She started a Go Fund me account to help cats shelters. She wanted to do something good with the attention her story was getting.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for her, and f*** that guy. She seems like a superhero.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It beggars belief. What did he think she was going to do? Be grateful for the attention and invite him home? Honestly, some men are just stupid entitled and downright disgusting.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an inmate do that to me once. He regretted it immediately as his face was pressed against the concrete wall with me whispering nothing good in his ear. :lol: Good on her.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That was great!
Some ( not all) men think they are entitled to grab women. It is infuriating that this nation has a sexual assaulter in the white house and he defends other evil people who feel they have the right to do what their sick minds think is ok.

This former republican misses obama. He was respectful to his wife and while I didnt agree with him on most policy issues, I always knew he was doing what he thought was best for the country- I never had to question his motive. He is good man.
I hope our next president will be honorable and treat all people with respect.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for her!

I fell down the rabbit hole of comments (as I always do with these stories... ), and all the ones about what she was wearing or her tattoos... ??? So because she had shorts on and some ink that makes it acceptable for him to grab her... WTF. NO.

And the men in the comments complaining about being petted, patted, groped or grabbed by (presumably) women and who don't seem to have done anything about it (based on their comments): Why not? I understand if you don't want to "body slam" someone, but a stern vocal, "That is NOT acceptable" goes a long way toward teaching someone what is and is not appropriate.

As a society we've got a long way to go, in a lot of regards, and I think we'll get there a lot faster if more people start to play their part. Show some respect to your fellow humans and treat them the way you want to be treated. And conversely, if you need to pull up your big girl/boy panties and stand up for yourself to help "educate" someone about what's acceptable behavior, well then DO IT. This is a long journey and we're all in it together, like it or not.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to work with a guy who liked to come up behind me and scare me.
About the third time he did it, I turned around and pounded him with my fists as hard as I could, while calling him expletives. Of course I didn't hurt him, because he was a lot bigger than me, but he got the message.
He never did it again.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to go to a lot of music clubs in my 20’s. I have to admit that I’ve been groped more times than I can count.

Each time, I froze.

I wish I could have thrown them off but something stops me. I feel like I’m going to die. Even watching the video makes me fear for her safety. I’ve learned the lesson too many times that men are much stronger (physically) than women. If they want to use that strength, most of the time, i lose.

At some point, I’m going to take self defense. I’ve just got some hurdles to jump over first.

I’m proud of all of the women who can stick up for themselves. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results