shape
carat
color
clarity

I want this... with gemstones... any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I want this ring ... but with gemstones.... any suggestions? Where should I look ... who should I call?

Iwant.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
my mother just had a similar ''mothers ring'' made with gemstones! She had it done at a local jewelers, not sure if it was custom or not, I jsut saw it for the first time! such a great ring!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I wondering if Whiteflash would do something like that...I think you should forward an e-mail to them.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
will you use the same gemstone throughout or mix it up a bit?

how about some champagne diamonds? or more spessartitie?

movie zombie

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm good suggestions everyone.... Thanks

MZ... I did think about spessartites.. well.. they were definitely the first ones I thought about.
30.gif

I want them all the same color..... I think champange diamonds would look cool... but I think I want a little more color.. U-know?

I was thinking something pink.. but I am defintely NOT a pick girl.

Storm~how would I know what size stones to pick.. or should I leave that up to the person I am dealing with to make the ring?

Ya know.. I wonder if Wink could set some of his yummy colored interlaps in this?... Just a thought....

Also... Do you think that I could successfully where this ring everyday? Any thoughts on that? Anyone have one like it?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
But I think that this one may be even MORE scrumptous!!

thanks for the link Storm!!

thisonesttoo.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wal-mart carries these designs, so if you go there to shop you might try looking there.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you click on the descriptions for the insctock ones it tells you the size stones you need.
They are calibrated sizes so id let the vendor source them.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i prefer the 2nd ring! room for more stones!

i''m not a pink person either....how about greens?

or maybe some of those zircons?

but it would be gorgeous with spess!!!!

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
spess would rock
zircon would be kicken
rainbow sapphire would be my pick.
each one a different color.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think using different colors of blue zircon would make the ring look like a pond of dabbled light on water......

a recent thread discussed blue zircon and storm posted ''the three'' color types.....its a visual of those colors i''ve got in my mind with this ring.

can''t wait to see what you decide, Mine!

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, also, will live vicariously through you this time, Mine! Maybe Ana or Irina could whip us up a photo of the (second) ring in different colors! (I mean with all the stones the same color-since that is what you want-but in different versions: e.g. one photo of the ring with all blue stones; one with all champagne; one with all green; etcetera.)

Deb
17.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few colored in to get your imagination going some more...

mine_colored.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!

Thank you soooo very much.. they alll LOOK YUMMY!!

I think the red one and the blue and clear look amazing... but I also like the green and the orange... not to mention the pink... yummmmm...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, Mine, its going to be lovely no matter what you do!

for me: orange, red, green, champagnes then the blue...w/o diamonds. i'd still like to see this ring set with the different shades of blue zircon ranging from the lights to the darker blue/greens.

will you be getting this for a special occasion?

movie zombie

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a thought....

These rings are meant for diamonds which can be easly found in those sizes - not the same applies for gemstones. Perhaps sapphire melee could be more readily located, but it would still be harder than for diamonds. And even if you find them - the small sizes are allot more flattering for diamonds than for colored gems... On the other hand - larger colored stones would be anyway less expensive and nicer looking and more easy to find, but............. but those would need a custom setting. Which IMO, should result in a lovely thing!

Perhaps your jeweler already has the necessary stones in the drawer and you would never face any difficulty finding the ringt 'components'.
5.gif
If you do... among the sellers posting here a few produce sapphire and colored gem in small sizes. Does anyone remember 'Aussiesapphire'? He is selling different sizes of sapphire melee and although Australian sapphire has the reputation to be dark, small ones of lighter and fine color are available. Also, I know first hand that his stones are very nicely cut. Aside this, I keep seeing sets of small colored stones on one site or anoter ('Kashmirblue' for accent sized orange and green garnet, and there must be others).

My 2c

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results