shape
carat
color
clarity

I want a teeny stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Like .25 carats. This seems to be virtually impossible to find - it''s what I originally wanted with my asscher spinel but no one can cut them that small. I know they exist. Any suggestions on where to look? I asked all the usual suspects when I wanted one custom-cut (Jeff, Barry, etc.) but no dice. Where do people find them if no one will cut them?
14.gif

I''m not picky about color, either. I just want tiny stones. I want to bezel them into stackers and pendants.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our local gem stores?

I bought a 4mm tsav and a 2.75mm demantoid over there....And there were thousands of stones to choose from...

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Simply Sapphires has various lots of small sapphires. For some you have to buy the whole lot but for others you can just buy the amount you want.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 2:46:40 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Our local gem stores?

I bought a 4mm tsav and a 2.75mm demantoid over there....And there were thousands of stones to choose from...

OMG that''s right I forgot! I need to ask you where you went again.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Central and Louisiana-ish. That KFC on the SW corner...there is a Vietnamese restaurant right behind that and the gem shop right behind there. Also, the other one...on San Mateo? Liberty Gems and Minerals? I think?

And when are we going to GTG?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 3:10:18 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Central and Louisiana-ish. That KFC on the SW corner...there is a Vietnamese restaurant right behind that and the gem shop right behind there. Also, the other one...on San Mateo? Liberty Gems and Minerals? I think?

And when are we going to GTG?

Oohh I almost went to the one on San Mateo the other day! Let''s GTG and go to these. We will drag Skippy along, too. I really want some teeny gemstones.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. Whenever you''re free!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Facet Shoppe link has a number of stones that run pretty small.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love teeny stones too. One of my favourite local dealers always has many interesting ones (I just got a a 0.15 or 0.2 bicolour tourmaline - very pale and the cutest little thing).

I thought of you when I saw this.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 10:21:39 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I love teeny stones too. One of my favourite local dealers always has many interesting ones (I just got a a 0.15 or 0.2 bicolour tourmaline - very pale and the cutest little thing).

Awww, that is TOO cute! I would LOVE to find a bi-color something (maybe an ametrine) that''s teeny. Do you have pictures?

Fly Girl, I''ve never seen that site before! It has many possibilities - thanks!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Monkey Pie

I bought 4 x 4mm Imperial Topaz that I was pleased with from Forever Gemstones

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 10:48:26 PM
Author: Gailey
Monkey Pie

I bought 4 x 4mm Imperial Topaz that I was pleased with from Forever Gemstones

They have a bunch of cute little stones :) I''m excited now.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/16/2009 10:44:42 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Awww, that is TOO cute! I would LOVE to find a bi-color something (maybe an ametrine) that''s teeny. Do you have pictures?

Fly Girl, I''ve never seen that site before! It has many possibilities - thanks!
You drastically over estimate my abillities to photograph a tiny, 2mm stone (it is probably close to 0.15, but the dealer''s scale wasn''t precise enough). I will try, though!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:00:10 AM
Date: 3/16/2009 10:44:42 PM

Author: MonkeyPie

You drastically over estimate my abillities to photograph a tiny, 2mm stone (it is probably close to 0.15, but the dealer''s scale wasn''t precise enough). I will try, though!

HEHE! Just get very, VERY close
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results