shape
carat
color
clarity

I tried again - dress shopping with pics (round 3)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you everyone for your great feedback regarding the dresses i posted last week. I found the responses incredibly helpful!

here''s my shopping trip from thread #1, https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dress-shopping-with-pics.99229/

Then i posted last weeks link - mostly everyone liked the maggie limited edition, and the casablanca (but i have completely decided against that one, because well....it''s just not me at all). https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-dress-shopping-excursion-pics-too.107135/

So based on some opinions that i should keep looking, i decided to try again - this time there will be some repeat appearances from some dresses i loved before and retried...and some new dresses i also really loved. As before , please let me know what you do or do not like and why - i really appreciate you all taking the time to let me know what you think - thanks!!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Up first, #1 - the dress i tried in the first thread that many people really liked - mori lee....

morileefront4509.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the back....

backmorilee2399.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 - here's the maggie that quite a few people liked from the first thread....

maggiesilverdressfront.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 Another silver maggie - surprisngly my mom really liked this one...

newsilvermaggiefront.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and #3 from the back...

backnewmaggiesilver.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#4 - this one was from the first thread....

edenbridaldroppedwaist.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#5 - this one''s new! i loved it....the reason why it looks to weird by the armpits - kind of pointed up by the armpits is that the dress was made so that cap lace shoulder sleeve things could attach. I did NOT like them. The seamstress said she could make it a "normal" sweetheart neckline with no problem.

cosmobella2front.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and the back....again, it was desined for the shoulder attachments - it would be straight across...

cosmobellaback22.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#6 - a vneck

edenvneck1209.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#6 back of the vneck...

backedenvneck1209.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#7 - Another maggie

maggielacedress.jpg

islandgirl16

Rough_Rock
Hi... Those are all very pretty gowns.

However, the one I like the best is the first one... It''s so elegant and it fits your body the best. I really, really like it.

The silver ones are okay but take into consideration that silver is very tricky when it comes to picture-taking. It sometimes don''t look nice, okay - mostly. No matter how nice the gown is, avoid silver or get the same gown in a different color.

Good luck and I hope you find the gown of your dreams!

eLaine

islandgirl16

Rough_Rock
Oooopppssss.... I also like the # 7 gown!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I like #5 the most, with the said alterations & such....

#1 is my 2nd choice

But the back of #6 is TO DIE FOR. That back looks gorgeous on you.

What did YOU think of them, though? Did you get emotional after seeing yourself in any particular gown? Have you decided what style you feel best in?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to have to say #1 from the first trip by far. The rushing and the neckline, not to mention the v-shaped angle in back...wow. They all combine to emphasize your waist in a way that none of the others do. That's an hour-glass shape most anyone would kill for right there! It looks fantastic!

BTW, the closest runner up is #6. It does a lot of the same things for your figure, but I prefer the lower back and less shiny material of #1.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like 2, 7, 4, in that order. I don''t care for the silver Maggie that your mom liked, but I still love the silver Maggie from the first thread! As I mentioned before, I''d see about getting the neckline altered into a sweetheart.

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Violet - I still like #1 - it''s so classic and is really flattering for your body shape.

The other ones don''t come anywhere near measuring up!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a toss up between 1, 5 and 7 for me. I think that they look great on you.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Casablanca No. 2 from your other thread the best. I think it is most flattering! Have you considered a dress with a similar shape, but shorter train.

I worry that the shimmery fabrics in the other dresses may not translate well in photos.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I liked #1,5 and 7. In order kind of--but I liked any of them. The only thing that put me off on #5 was how shiny it photographed, but you would know in real life if it looked good or not. Any of those three were great. Which one is your fav--the one you feel all gorgeous and bridally in?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1 the best by far!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I like 7, 5, and 1. In that order. I could be putting 7 and 5 at the top because of my personal taste of liking lace, beading, etc. But, they look fabulous on you too! Do you have a picture of the back of #7?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love #1 from the front and the back. It''s so flattering on you!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
In addition to..

I did not enjoy 2 and 3 because of the color and shine (but I''m sure you can get it in white, if you wanted white, right?), and because the dresses seem like they go straight across your waist making your waist bigger than it is. The other dresses are more flattering showing on your great curves
2.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi IslandGirl! Thanks so much - i really like #1 as well, and i seem to be coming back to it. #7 was lovely - it's a maggie, and much pricier than the others i tried on. it was much too big for me, so they clipped it in the back - i really hope its representative of what it would look like in my size... oh, and no worries about the silver - i would order them in ivory!

Facetfire - thank you! i think #1 is flattering too - my mom didn't like it as well, but she's a bit more traditional than i am. #6 was the vneck and it wasn't shiny - were you talking about #5? If so, i know what you mean - it's taffeta....i'm torn on that - i think b/c it's winter wedding it wouldn't bother me and it's really lightweight, but i understand what you are saying there.

hey there jstar! i know you like that silver maggie
28.gif
and so did i - my mom said it came down too far on the hip to be flattering to my figure. that's why she liked the other (but i see that it didn't photograph nearly as well as it looked in person - i hate when that happens). I like 7 also, but i have to go back and see which one is #4 - i forgot! BRB....EDIT: oh yeah! i like #4 too - it's really clean looking in the lines, and subtle which i liked.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely #1! It looks beautiful on you.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 2:51:50 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
I like #5 the most, with the said alterations & such....

#1 is my 2nd choice

But the back of #6 is TO DIE FOR. That back looks gorgeous on you.

What did YOU think of them, though? Did you get emotional after seeing yourself in any particular gown? Have you decided what style you feel best in?
hi there PilsnPinkysMom!
35.gif

#5 was pretty - i hated it until they took off the lacy part and then i loved it...i think the alterations would be pretty simple to do. #6 i loved and was really pleased at how simple it was. i think the front could be just as attractive with alterations to the straps - it needed to be brought up a bit for it to hang properly. i just thought it was so different because it was a vneck and it was so simple and elegant.

What did I like? i like a lot of different styles....so having said that, the only thing i know is that i want something (at least slightly) formfitting - aka: no big, full, skirts for me. It makes me feel like i am playing dress up in a play. I don''t mind a slim a-line, but anything more than that and i just don''t feel right.

I felt connected and very fond of #1, #4, #6, and #5 from this thread - i liked them all! And i really love the limited edition maggie from the last thread - it was pretty, and i think i''d have the neckline modified to a sweetheart. But i think it''s too expensive for me and i am really trying to stay on a budget...i know i can find something i like just as much!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hi Violet I love #1 it fits you perfectly and the back is just Beautiful the way it flows and the buttons.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
You *really* rock the heart-shaped neckline. It works with your body proportions very, very well; the curve works well with the curve of your shoulders, your waist looks even smaller than with the other types, and the va-va-voomness of your figure comes out... in a demurely elegant way.

All in all, some really lovely choices in this round!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results