shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I might have found a contender!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

awenuts

Rough_Rock
Ok, so my Tiffany salesman just got back to me and found me this one:

Round Brilliant
.91 carat
F, VS1
Depth: 61.3%
Table: 55%
Crown: 34.8 deg
Pavillion: 42.8

scores a .6 on the HCA

I will be going in to see it next week and compare it with the other stone that I liked which scored a 3.4 on the HCA. Armed with my I-scope(which should be delivered tues) I will see which one looks the best! Despite the HCA score do the proportions look good?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like it could be a real contender!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, ran it through the HCA and got what you did. That looks good.

oh, lol, for a minute I thought 42.8 DEGREES and I almost had a heart attack. I though, "oh crap, I have misunderstood something about pavilion degree angles!"

Then I remembered Tiff. gives %
25.gif
whew! I will let the HCA and Tiffany's reputation speak for me. I suspect you won't be disappointed though.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
awenuts, looks verrrry promising. Let''s hope it''s the one.

shay

awenuts

Rough_Rock
I am really interested to see the the difference between the one that scored the 3.4 on the HCA and the new choice(0.6) under the ideal scope. Who knows if it is my lucky day it might just be HA. One interesting thing that I noticed however is that the price does not go up for a "better cut" diamond. THe one that scored a 0.6 is $1,000 less than the one that scored a 3.4 while only dropping from a VVS2 to a VS1 and about .02 carat weight.

<----- NOT AFRAID OF BRINGING IDEAL SCOPE INTO TIFFANY''S
31.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 9:10:26 PM
Author: awenuts
I am really interested to see the the difference between the one that scored the 3.4 on the HCA and the new choice(0.6) under the ideal scope. Who knows if it is my lucky day it might just be HA. One interesting thing that I noticed however is that the price does not go up for a ''better cut'' diamond. THe one that scored a 0.6 is $1,000 less than the one that scored a 3.4 while only dropping from a VVS2 to a VS1 and about .02 carat weight.

31.gif
you bad boy, you rock the house!!!!
9.gif
10.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 9:10:26 PM
Author: awenuts
I am really interested to see the the difference between the one that scored the 3.4 on the HCA and the new choice(0.6) under the ideal scope. Who knows if it is my lucky day it might just be HA. One interesting thing that I noticed however is that the price does not go up for a ''better cut'' diamond. THe one that scored a 0.6 is $1,000 less than the one that scored a 3.4 while only dropping from a VVS2 to a VS1 and about .02 carat weight.

31.gif
Go get em tiger.
lol.gif

You must post results (on the stones, and the reception you get to the IS), don''t leave us hangin.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results