shape
carat
color
clarity

I recently bought a 5.17ct Marquise cut

priceset

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a 5.17ct Marquise cut GIA certified diamond
The diamond is rated a D in color and IF in clarity.
I bought the diamond as an investment after an unofficial appraisal the Value for Insurance purposes was a little over $450,000.
Being from Canada to cash out on the maximum value of the diamond where would I sell a diamond with that much value.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
I'm not sure what you paid for the diamond but I don't consider diamonds to be a good investment at all for people who aren't in the trade. Marquise isn't really "in" right now (not that it makes it less beautiful, just harder to find a buyer for) and it's a very large size so your best bet would be an auction house, ebay and sell it privately. The market for the stone you choose is going to be a very small one, so I really would contact an auction site that has a good reputation for selling higher end items such as these.

We would love to see pics of this though! I love marquise diamonds and it sounds beautiful!

priceset

Rough_Rock
Yes the diamond is rather big to do a lot with. I purchased the diamond from a lady who was in the need of the money. And not knowing a lot about diamonds I have never considered them as an investment but at the time I felt for her and purchased the diamond for $4000.00 Hoping that I could get the return and the advantage to help her out.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting...
Let me see if I understand this..
The diamond was appraised at almost 1/2 million- and you helped someone out by paying them $4000?

I'll be the first one to remind folks appraisal values mean little- but does that really seem like you were helping someone?
Was it not possible for her to go into a jewelry store?
If it is, in fact a 5.17ct diamond graded D/If by GIA, you did her a great disservice.
I don't mean to insult anyone, but there'd be many people lining up to pay exponentially more than you did, if it is what you claim it to be.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something smells awfully strange in here...

priceset

Rough_Rock
there was no appraisal at the time of the purchace I took it in afterwards

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
priceset|1295394690|2826151 said:
show me the GIA report... :bigsmile: ..i'd get half of your profit.. :!:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
hehe. From a halpless lady in need?

Well, I'll be the first to help you with this fussy, old stone you have lying around. How about 6K (that's a 50% profit!) for that stone? I'll come pick it up. Let me know where. lol.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

One good turn deserves another: you helped a lady in need and I'll help you with advice/selling venue.

www.kijiji.ca

cheers--Sharon :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
priceset|1295380146|2825944 said:
I recently bought a 5.17ct Marquise cut GIA certified diamond
The diamond is rated a D in color and IF in clarity.
I bought the diamond as an investment after an unofficial appraisal the Value for Insurance purposes was a little over $450,000.
Being from Canada to cash out on the maximum value of the diamond where would I sell a diamond with that much value.
to canuk-gal... ;)) she is one of the richest Canadian PSer... :$$): :$$):

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you going to set it with your matching pair of 2-ct (each) natural vivid blue oval diamonds . . . :Up_to_something:

stci

Ideal_Rock
BIG JOKE!!!!!! :naughty:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Play nice! ;(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That conflicts with your first post, , "I bought the diamond as an investment after an unofficial appraisal the Value for Insurance purposes was a little over $450,000".
So which is it?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1295405226|2826333 said:
Are you going to set it with your matching pair of 2-ct (each) natural vivid blue oval diamonds . . . :Up_to_something:

Kenny, do you believe that it's the same person??? :o Not that i don't think it's possible....But if what you're suspecting is true, i wonder why would people do such things... :rolleyes:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Well I will side step the ethical issues here and say that Marquise diamonds are not all that popular which makes can them great deals in used diamond rings. Just to be clear here, I am NOT saying this in reference to how much the buyer paid for this diamond, I am just saying it as if you are looking for a larger sized diamond at a value price, Marquise diamonds are starting to look a whole lot better to me.

I just saw a halo Marquise on the cover of Martha Stewart Weddings. I am not a huge halo fan, but I tell you that ring was beauuuutiful---it made me both a halo and a Marquise fan. :twirl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1295406966|2826360 said:

That conflicts with your first post, , "I bought the diamond as an investment after an unofficial appraisal the Value for Insurance purposes was a little over $450,000".
So which is it?

Maybe a comma missing?

I bought the diamond as an investment, after[wards] an unofficial appraisal the Value for Insurance purposes was a little over $450,000

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results