shape
carat
color
clarity

I prefer bread that comes in paper bags . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . . not plastic.

It just seems better.
Why is that?
Is it my imagination?

Am I alone?

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I have not had bread in a plastic bag in over a year...a perk of living in Europe where there is a bakery every block and you get your bread fresh out of the oven every morning. I think it may be because it is fresher and you eat it faster thus repeating a cycle of always having fresh bread.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer bread that comes out of my oven!

Asscher Girl

Rough_Rock
Trade
I prefer fresh bread..... i dont like when it has a crusty shell (wouldnt that happen with paper?)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, fresh from the oven is even better.

Come on over.
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 4:04:07 PM
Author: Haven

Oooo now I''m thinking of Gramma Joyce''s home made bread and apple butter...nom nom nom

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 4:58:53 PM
Author: packrat

Oooo now I''m thinking of Gramma Joyce''s home made bread and apple butter...nom nom nom
Yumm. Now I am hungry!!!
18.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
for me it depends on what''s going on it... I like orowheat oatnut for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.. but for roast beef and havarti I like the sourdough (in a paper bag) from the organic market lol

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh...

I had clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl for the first time at the pier in SF a few weeks ago, it was so good!!!

We used to get fresh bread from the bakery literally two doors down in NZ, but here in the US we buy it in bulk from Costco and stick it in the oven for a bit before using it. If there was a bakery conveniently located I''d definitely be frequenting it, though!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Ditto! Lately, I''ve started baking almost all our bread -- no more supermarket slices for us.
1.gif
There are some types of breads (mainly crusty European-style or sourdough breads) that I''m no good at, though, so if we want those, they come from a local bakery. Paper bag usually means fresher and fewer preservatives (if any), which is always my choice!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Not alone Kenny
36.gif

I also agree with Octavia, let's try plastic: Other than enriched flours, niacin, iron & folic acid [OK] you also get high fructose syrup, malt syrup, potato flakes, sodium stearoyl, lactylate, coloring, calcium peroxide [calcium sulfate/ascorbic acid OK w/me] unwanted extracts and ammonium sulfate, etc....
vs.
Flour of choice, mother yeasts, [water/flour] water, salt and dry milk and perhaps 1/% malt in a brown bag.
9.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so agree, I need to start baking my own bread again.......The only part I dont like is the big butt that comes with it! I cant seem to stop myself! My one exception to bread in a plastic bag is if it comes
from Panera or a fresh bakery.

Does anyone from So Cal ever remember Schirmers Bakery and Deli in Whittier? They made the best crusty rye bread. When I was little my mom and I would get a loaf and slice it at home and
have bread and butter for dinner. Yum yum, so you can see my problem is genetic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results